• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Dot Horses

Just send me an Xbox message when y'all are on. It's usually a 50/50 for me and I rarely check gaf at night.

Also, thought this might be appreciated by Red (it was red that ran into the boards on the breakaway, right?)

...I've been totally hooked on Survival Mode in The Division. Last night, had the most epic run going. Never downed. All HE items. Crafted both filters, the flare gun, got the antivirals, got a full amount of caches, full cold resistance, a turret and first aid, full medkits, water and food. Killed over 30 enemies. Was really thinking this might be the run to take me to Master rank.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/shawnoftheshred/screenshot/5285724

I call in the extraction. The hunter is being a dip and puts a turret down that is an annoyance. When it finally blows up, I get him with a turret and a fire grenade and rush in to take him down with my LMG. I get a few steps away and...

I lose control of my character as he spins in a circle and then...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/shawnoftheshred/video/24066920

...get the notification.
BATTERIES DEAD.

FUCK THAT SHIT. 100 minutes down the drain.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just send me an Xbox message when y'all are on. It's usually a 50/50 for me and I rarely check gaf at night.

Also, thought this might be appreciated by Red (it was red that ran into the boards on the breakaway, right?)

...I've been totally hooked on Survival Mode in The Division. Last night, had the most epic run going. Never downed. All HE items. Crafted both filters, the flare gun, got the antivirals, got a full amount of caches, full cold resistance, a turret and first aid, full medkits, water and food. Killed over 30 enemies. Was really thinking this might be the run to take me to Master rank.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/shawnoftheshred/screenshot/5285724

I call in the extraction. The hunter is being a dip and puts a turret down that is an annoyance. When it finally blows up, I get him with a turret and a fire grenade and rush in to take him down with my LMG. I get a few steps away and...

I lose control of my character as he spins in a circle and then...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/shawnoftheshred/video/24066920

...get the notification.
BATTERIES DEAD.

FUCK THAT SHIT. 100 minutes down the drain.

lol, that's brutal.

I should be on tomorrow night.

Miss you too Marvie!

RedRum

Banned
VbPIbqM.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Made it home alive tonight. Winter driving isn't good times sometimes. Highway was shutdown, a semi jack knifed and there was a destroyed car. :(

Can i have some of your guys' money and equipment and tag along hiding but getting free xp?
Yes. I think? I mean, once you hit level 30, a whole new world of loot opens up for you - that's when you get HEs and Gear Set items dropping like rain (first at 163 then all the way up to 256) equivalent to your world tier. I would imagine that if, at level 30, you jump into our World Tier 5, you'll get access to those better pieces. Until then, I think the gear is probably pretty mediocre, but the XP would be great. I think the way people fast level their characters is hopping into HVTs or choosing a mission on hard and inviting their over-leveled friend in to coast through in minutes. You just have to be close enough to get the XP for kills?

Man, my quest for a Master rank on Survival keeps coming up short. I think you need 10k to get it and I keep getting 9.2k - and that's with all HE gear, never being downed, surviving for 90-110 minutes, killing two hunters and 40+ enemies, eating and drinking right before extraction and having full cold resistance. I think I'm going to have to jump into PVP for that bonus to push me over the edge, but the thought of getting ganked by a player 90 minutes into a session is anxiety-inducing. That said, I saw somewhere that the record is 357 kills in Survival. Which seems insane to me and would probably get someone to the Master rank score as is. I didn't even know there were that many NPCs available to murder.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yes. I think? I mean, once you hit level 30, a whole new world of loot opens up for you - that's when you get HEs and Gear Set items dropping like rain (first at 163 then all the way up to 256) equivalent to your world tier. I would imagine that if, at level 30, you jump into our World Tier 5, you'll get access to those better pieces. Until then, I think the gear is probably pretty mediocre, but the XP would be great. I think the way people fast level their characters is hopping into HVTs or choosing a mission on hard and inviting their over-leveled friend in to coast through in minutes. You just have to be close enough to get the XP for kills?

Man, my quest for a Master rank on Survival keeps coming up short. I think you need 10k to get it and I keep getting 9.2k - and that's with all HE gear, never being downed, surviving for 90-110 minutes, killing two hunters and 40+ enemies, eating and drinking right before extraction and having full cold resistance. I think I'm going to have to jump into PVP for that bonus to push me over the edge, but the thought of getting ganked by a player 90 minutes into a session is anxiety-inducing. That said, I saw somewhere that the record is 357 kills in Survival. Which seems insane to me and would probably get someone to the Master rank score as is. I didn't even know there were that many NPCs available to murder.
I was just happy being in your game for like 30 seconds yesterday. Went up 2 levels and got mad resources. :lol

I was just happy being in your game for like 30 seconds yesterday. Went up 2 levels and got mad resources. :lol
If anyone's clearing the bosses in the Light Zone (they are on a 4 hour timer) that's probably a very easy, low risk way to level up like crazy too. Bonus - it's helping idiots like me chasing the named gear.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gonna be out for the night, should be able to play tomorrow night. The past couple weeks have been really hectic for me, wish I was able to play more.

I'm out of the house tonight, but same as always - if you spot me online, just message me on XBOX Live. I'm way more likely to join a game that way than I am to look at Neogaf past 7pm!

I'm around morning/afternoon Saturday/Sunday and up for it. Night time is less likely Saturday and definitely out Sunday.

PS: Marvie, cheat sheet for The Division. Enter World Tier 5 and kill a single boss to get a 256 item. Equip it, no matter what it is, and from there, everything in WT5 dropped will be 256. Weapons. Gear. Gear Sets. For a starting build of 256s, you want Firearms/Stamina on each piece of gear. Extra armor already on or re-rolled on everything but mask (skill power) and gloves. Good main stats (firearms/stamina) are 1200+ with 1250+ being a keeper that'll be hard to beat. Good additional stats include Armor damage and ammo capacity, but they never trump having armor. Personal pick is Specialized backpack (will auto inflate your skillpower 20k plus) and Barrett's chestpiece or Robust chestpiece (make's your toughness skyrocket in cover) + Alphabridge, but honestly, you could roll with 6 random items if they have the appropriate armor/1200+ stats on them and be totally fine in every mode.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm around morning/afternoon Saturday/Sunday and up for it. Night time is less likely Saturday and definitely out Sunday.

PS: Marvie, cheat sheet for The Division. Enter World Tier 5 and kill a single boss to get a 256 item. Equip it, no matter what it is, and from there, everything in WT5 dropped will be 256. Weapons. Gear. Gear Sets. For a starting build of 256s, you want Firearms/Stamina on each piece of gear. Extra armor already on or re-rolled on everything but mask (skill power) and gloves. Good main stats (firearms/stamina) are 1200+ with 1250+ being a keeper that'll be hard to beat. Good additional stats include Armor damage and ammo capacity, but they never trump having armor. Personal pick is Specialized backpack (will auto inflate your skillpower 20k plus) and Barrett's chestpiece or Robust chestpiece (make's your toughness skyrocket in cover) + Alphabridge, but honestly, you could roll with 6 random items if they have the appropriate armor/1200+ stats on them and be totally fine in every mode.
https://youtu.be/yGxFFtdnuuk

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can play now

I can't really play after 12 anymore, part of why I haven't been on lately

What's with the NHL 17 thread being a ghost town? Was going to go in there to try and find one or two people to join our EASHL club but it seems like there's no point :/

Top Bottom