• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Dot Horses

Marvie_3

Banned
Welcome aboard, Fubar. Hope you aren't too traumatized. We're not usually that bad.

Those last 2 games were absolute dumpster fires. Like drop in levels of bad.

Defense:

Your #1 job is defense.

Positioning is critical. Being way up the ice constantly doesn't do us a damn bit of good because as those last 2 games showed, we get burned a ton. If you want to play up, say so. Someone else can hop back on defense before the game starts.

Going for hits all the time just got us burned as well. Most teams are just going to walk around you so spacing is key.

Also, you guys need to be communicating more back there. Let each other know if there's cherry pickers, etc.

Forwards:

We keep getting bunched up in the zone and it's killing us. We need to figure out who is going to be in the slot and who is going where. Way too often we get 2 or 3 of us in the same space and we have no options.

On odd man rushes: If it's 2 of us going up, whoever is not carrying the puck up needs to go to the FAR side of the net. Not in front of the net. Not the same side as the puck carrier. Those plays aren't going to work if we aren't getting the goalie moving.

If there's 3 of us going up, the person in the middle needs to slow down and hang out in the high slot, and not crash the net. That way if the cross pass isn't there, you're in a good position as a secondary option.

RedRum

Banned
Another thing I notice is that we're usually always out shot. We wait for the better pass plays to fire. We were out shot 19-7 at the end of that last game. I think we need to just fire that shit at the net unless we are sure we have a fancy pass play. Most of the teams that score goals against us just fire that shit at the net and get puck luck.

Marvie_3

Banned
Another thing I notice is that we're usually always out shot. We wait for the better pass plays to fire. We were out shot 19-7 at the end of that last game. I think we need to just fire that shit at the net unless we are sure we have a fancy pass play. Most of the teams that score goals against us just fire that shit at the net and get puck luck.
That goes back to the positioning thing though. If nobody is in a good spot for a rebound then its pointless.

Yeah I'm usually better positionally but that was my first EASHL game in likely a month or so.

Aside from that, I know something that worked with my old team was me (as a two-way defender) shooting low from the point and if one of them was a two-way forward or grinder and was in front of the net without a defender on him, it auto deflects in like 50-75% of the time or so.

Definitely need to try and communicate more going forward. I can be on tonight.

Yeah I'm usually better positionally but that was my first EASHL game in likely a month or so.

Aside from that, I know something that worked with my old team was me (as a two-way defender) shooting low from the point and if one of them was a two-way forward or grinder and was in front of the net without a defender on him, it auto deflects in like 50-75% of the time or so.

Definitely need to try and communicate more going forward. I can be on tonight.

Yeah, low shots and slap passes are fantastic if the guy in front of the net can position himself correctly.

Bcyceeh.gif

Scored my 200th goal in style :*)

Marvie_3

Banned
Damn good night tonight despite us not playing all that well. 5-0-2, and really, both the OT losses were garbage. Should have been 7-0-0. 4 of the 5 wins tonight were shutouts.

Legit, you were killing it back there on D. Good shit dude.

Made it to Division 1 and we're pretty closing to evening out our record after being way underwater for so long. We were probably 20 games under to start November and now we're only 5, so we've been figuring out how to win games that we might have lost in the past.

I am the worst forward of all time
You're better at forward than you are at D?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The only reason I'm good at forward is because I win faceoffs

That's about all I did lol

It was just a shutdown shitfest

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Couple late goals that tied the games were on me position wise, I wanted to be more aggressive and get in on the play, but it's pretty much impossible with 3's cause most of the teams we played were 3 forwards all cherry picking. Good games anyways, AIs were killing it tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
Couple late goals that tied the games were on me position wise, I wanted to be more aggressive and get in on the play, but it's pretty much impossible with 3's cause most of the teams we played were 3 forwards all cherry picking. Good games anyways, AIs were killing it tonight.
AI's were finally not completely useless which was a nice change.

You all suck.
No you do for not playing.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i think the teams we were playing weren't that good anyways

the one game where the AI scored a hat trick I think I went 90+% on face offs

that shouldn't happen if you know what you're doing lol

Montresor

I woke up just now to get some water in the middle of the night.

Just wanted to say to Marvie that I'm sorry I haven't played any games since joining the squad and honestly I probably won't play much at all. I'm way, way, way more into doing 1v1 where you control an entire 5-man skating squad (the regular versus mode). Plus I've been playing a ton of different puzzle games lately (like Oxenfree and The Bunker) along with Gears 4.

Marvie_3

Banned
I woke up just now to get some water in the middle of the night.

Just wanted to say to Marvie that I'm sorry I haven't played any games since joining the squad and honestly I probably won't play much at all. I'm way, way, way more into doing 1v1 where you control an entire 5-man skating squad (the regular versus mode). Plus I've been playing a ton of different puzzle games lately (like Oxenfree and The Bunker) along with Gears 4.
Dont worry about it. If you do feel like playing, youre always welcome to.

I will be on literally all night!!
K im going to bed.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Hey I just got a Xbox One and this game :D Joined the GAF team ! Looking forward to playing with you guys but have some patience with me as I'm kind of new to this game !

Since I see that NHL-GAFers are regular here... Go Canucks :p

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I did my first EASHL drop in yesterday and did nothing to help the team lol. People body check way harder than AI!

Add my gamer tag "meichumon"

Top Bottom