• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Dot Horses

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I might be on, depends if I end up going to see Doctor Strange or not, I'll post in here when I know

Red_Man

Looks like I'm going to the late show, will probably be on to play after around 12 if people are playing

Marvie_3

Banned
Pretty bum night except for the first game. Couldnt do much when the puck control deck is stacked against us every game.

Red, you should look into port forwarding/nat settings. Might help with your connection issues.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty bum night except for the first game. Couldnt do much when the puck control deck is stacked against us every game.

Red, you should look into port forwarding/nat settings. Might help with your connection issues.

Reds player skating into the boards on the breakaway was the best part of the night.

We were actually doing okay early on. 2 wins and that one OT loss was really bullshit. We were out playing them all game. Should've been a .500 or slightly over .500 night, if you ask me.

re: puck control - is there a player class that's far better at that than the others? I use a playmaker and find that I am unlikely to hold onto the puck post-hit compared to other types, but based on last night, I still think it was worth it as I found my player was threading the needle in some really tough situations. Just a thought.

Plays of the game:

MpuK3gp.gif

Ca7r7gh.gif

Red_Man

The worst part about the play was it showed me on the breakaway then fast forwarded to me running into the boards repeatedly, I'll try and check out those NAT settings you guys were talking about.

Marvie_3

Banned
The worst part about the play was it showed me on the breakaway then fast forwarded to me running into the boards repeatedly, I'll try and check out those NAT settings you guys were talking about.

If you want to go farther, you can also limit bandwidth for other devices connected to your router. :D

Yeah, randomly getting kicked from the party chat/game/lag spikes sounds exactly what my pal was going through on The Division. He fixed his NAT settings and has been problem free for months.

Red_Man

Just checked and it said my NAT was set at strict, so I rebooted my console and it said it's open now, so hopefully that helps.

Just checked and it said my NAT was set at strict, so I rebooted my console and it said it's open now, so hopefully that helps.
That should do the trick. Probably a good idea to check the NAT setting a few more times this week before heading online to make sure it doesn't switch back/isn't still a problem. But yeah, from my experience, the dropping completely from party chat/games tends to disappear when the NAT is set to open, no matter how much you're using your bandwidth on other things.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Helpful tech support, 0 bickering and someone capable of embedding gifs?

This is one crazy ass eashl thread

Red_Man

In today's installment of "I'm an idiot", I just figured out how to apply character settings too all positions at the same time of doing it individually. Slow clap.

I'll be on tonight for a bit for some games.

Red_Man

Yeah, probably gonna have to google how to open ports and fix nat settings on your setup then-otherwise disconnects will continue to haunt you.
Restarted my modem and it's open now, and I also did some port forwarding, so hopefully it fixes things.

Red_Man

Been away most of the weekend, I should be back on for more regular games this week.

Top Bottom