• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Zb8EK.jpg

Welcome to Montreal Alex, have fun :lol :lol

Red_Man

Awful pick imo. Why pick a thug when you can get top 6 talent in Teuvo?

Holy Christ Wilson is big.

Solo

You know the Habs did something right when the Galch thread on HFBoards is almost 100% positive.

Also:

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
"I just got drafted by the Montreal Canadiens, there's no vacations anymore." Alex Galchenyuk on his summer plans

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
"I always set my goals high, and my goal is to play in the NHL next year." Alex Galchenyuk

Fucking love this kid.

Red_Man

He's a notorious gym rat, did high school completely online so he could focus on exercising and hockey full time. I knew Timmins would grab him if available, he's the exact character Timmins loves.

Fei

Hah, love some of the Grigorenko quotes:

On falling to 12: "Eleven teams didn't draft me so too bad for them. I'm No. 1 pick for Buffalo Sabres."

On KHL: "Buffalo Sabres is my team and I can't wait to go on the ice to wear this jersey and be a part of this."

Alright, enough of a Friday night spent on the draft...

Solo

Someone better draft Subban soon. I'm tired as shit and have to get up super early. But I won't call it a night until Subban goes.

Red_Man

Hah, love some of the Grigorenko quotes:

On falling to 12: "Eleven teams didn't draft me so too bad for them. I'm No. 1 pick for Buffalo Sabres."

On KHL: "Buffalo Sabres is my team and I can't wait to go on the ice to wear this jersey and be a part of this."

Alright, enough of a Friday night spent on the draft...
He needs to use this as fuel to prove the haters wrong. I hope he does.

Timmins had Teuvo second, it was confirmed by Stephane Leroux on RDS (probably the only guy who knows his shit on this channel). If Yakupov wasn't picked by Edmonton, Galchenyuk would have been to Columbus, and... we'd have picked Teuvo on third.

It's a major steal by Chicago. Habs even tried to get a trade going on by trading their two second round picks to get another first round pick to get him.

Top Bottom