• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Great news, Predators and the city struck a new lease agreement through 2018. Part of it includes building a new youth rink which is great as we're maxed out here with the ones we've got.

Seguin

Banned
He was an RFA the Bruins hadn't signed. So did they just trade for his rights?

There was no room for him after Jordan Caron's emergence late last season and the re-signings of Kelly & the Merlot line.

Not bad. We got a garbage player who can provide some forward depth on the cheap and a 5th for someone who's gone in a week anyway. I'll take it.

He was an RFA the Bruins hadn't signed. So did they just trade for his rights?

There was no room for him after Jordan Caron's emergence late last season and the re-signings of Kelly & the Merlot line.

Probably.

I'm okay with this.

edit: checked, and yeah just for his rights

Merguson

Banned
Leafs traded Jonas Gustavsson to Winnipeg for a conditional 7th.. lol.. that's the end of the Gustavsson era.. three heart surgeries.. rough luck..

Cake Boss

Banned
Leafs traded Jonas Gustavsson to Winnipeg for a conditional 7th.. lol.. that's the end of the Gustavsson era.. three heart surgeries.. rough luck..

WHAT A MONSTER TRADE. THE FUCKER MONSTER.

edit: lol OTT picks Brian Boyle's brother in the 4th round. Timothy Boyle.

I take it you really wanted him?

I enjoy following the Mooseheads, though I haven't figured out a way to stream games yet, so just listen to radio feeds. At one point last year I saw him being estimated 10-15ish, but he's been falling in projections for awhile now. Some friends and I were holding out hope the Caps might take him.

calder

"Winnipeg Jets acquire rights to Jonas Gustavsson from the Toronto Maple Leafs for conditional 7th round pick."

Huh. Bit of a puzzle, wonder what, if anything, it says about Pavelec. Not much probably as Gustavsson is a UFA in a week and a conditional 7th is basically nothing but still.

Merguson

Banned
I don't personally think that Reimer will ever be a legitimate #1 goalie, but don't you think calling a guy a bust after one concussion-filled season is a little bit premature?

Everyone on the Leafs is a bust, don't you know that?

Kessel already is a bust. A point per game? BUST.

Alucard

Banned
"Winnipeg Jets acquire rights to Jonas Gustavsson from the Toronto Maple Leafs for conditional 7th round pick."

Huh. Bit of a puzzle, wonder what, if anything, it says about Pavelec. Not much probably as Gustavsson is a UFA in a week and a conditional 7th is basically nothing but still.

Oh, shit! Their 1B is gone! :( Big news in Leafs land! They just traded away the next Patrick Roy! You'll rue this day, Toronto! You'll ruuuuue this day!

Top Bottom