• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Cactus

Banned
Of course you are. Your posts just seem bitter and defensive.
My apologies. It just gets tiresome when the majority of the shit talking is directed at one specific team.

Anyway, I'll just save my taunts for July 1st when the Pens miss out on Suter and Parise.

Shiiiit. I figured Burke would just let him walk. At least we got something for him.

Despite a mediocre tenure in Toronto, I still liked the guy. Hope he stays in the NHL and I'd like to see him do better even if it's with another team.

That said, I'm not sure if Scrivens should backup Reimer. I still think Reimer can be a #1 goalie, but will that be with the assistance of a veteran goalie or a rookie?

I don't think a Reimer/Scrivens tandem is a good idea. Scrivens does seem NHL ready after his amazing playoff performance, but Reimer/Scrivens wouldn't be much better than Reimer/Gustavsson. Scrivens is no longer waiver exempt, though, which makes things more difficult. He'll almost surely be claimed if he's sent down in October.

Quick

Banned
I'm glad Gustavsson will most likely stay in the NHL. I wish him the best of luck in WPG.

Shiiiit. I figured Burke would just let him walk. At least we got something for him.

Despite a mediocre tenure in Toronto, I still liked the guy. Hope he stays in the NHL and I'd like to see him do better even if it's with another team.

That said, I'm not sure if Scrivens should backup Reimer. I still think Reimer can be a #1 goalie, but will that be with the assistance of a veteran goalie or a rookie?

‏@BrandonPrust8
I wish management wanted me back as much as the fans.. Thanks for the love everyone

Later Brandon, take your 5 goals and follow your wallet. It's not like the Rangers were the only team to give you a chance to be a hockey player in the NHL instead of just a punching bag. Whoever signs this guy for the money he wants is going to be woefully disappointed.

Cactus

Banned
He'll fit on one of their three 3rd lines.

Considering the Leafs outscored the Habs by a large margin and still managed to finish the season ahead despite losing 22 of their last 29 games, does that mean the Habs are full of AHLers?

I'm honestly curious.

Alucard

Banned
More from Pens beat writer...

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Shero returns to table, chatting with Lemieux. #pens know they need more to land Yandle. #coyotes seeking a forward #nhldraft

Despres could be had from #pens, who are looking for physical Dman to pair with Letang. Also, looking to upgrade forward depth. #nhldraft

#predators had interests in Martin, #coyotes want a forward from #pens for Yandle #nhldraft

Shero returns to table, chatting with Lemieux. #pens know they need more to land Yandle. #coyotes seeking a forward #nhldraft

Despres could be had from #pens, who are looking for physical Dman to pair with Letang. Also, looking to upgrade forward depth. #nhldraft

#predators had interests in Martin, #coyotes want a forward from #pens for Yandle #nhldraft

Isn't Rossi really unreliable?

Sorry guys. Flyers have got better forwards to offer for Yandle. If you guys are going to get one of those guys it's going to be Suter..... unfortunately for us. Realistically the Flyers can beat any offer you guys make to PHX with Staal gone.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Apparently Burke has been talking a bit with Holmgren all day today.

I'd have to assume JVR for... is what they'd be discussing.

Oh also talking with David Poile! NHL DRAFT Y'ALL!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Pens going hard after Suter, and trying to get to him before he hits free agency:

i told you this yesterday when the pens traded for #8. am i not enough of a source for you alucard?! suter had to agree to the deal, that was the hold-up. im afraid suter wants detroit, but could see minnesota w/ the hometown/leipold connection

Marvie_3

Banned
i told you this yesterday when the pens traded for #8. am i not enough of a source for you alucard?! suter had to agree to the deal, that was the hold-up. im afraid suter wants detroit, but could see minnesota w/ the hometown/leipold connection
Suter isn't from Minnesota.

Razorskin

----- ------
Considering the Leafs outscored the Habs by a large margin and still managed to finish the season ahead despite losing 22 of their last 29 games, does that mean the Habs full of AHLers?

I'm honestly curious.

No, it means injuries depleted their roster and they played a more defensive system.

Toronto had many more goals scored on them than Montreal by a larger margin, does that mean their back end is full of AHLers?

Burke and Homer have a really good relationship. Eventually something is gonna come of that.

And we will all be worse off for it.

Merguson

Banned

I want your 7th this year!

*this goes on for hours*

Leafs have acquired a 7th round pick in 2012 in exchange for a 7th round pick in 2013.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Come on give us something...reunite the Schenns for JVR or another forward. Shut UP Kave man! We DON'T NEED THIS MUCH FRIGGIN D

Brosef I'm fine with that. Very beneficial trade for both teams. If JVR didn't get injured last season I'm sure the move would have happened already.

Toronto had many more goals scored on them than Montreal by a larger margin, does that mean their back end is full of AHLers?

Yes, and awful goalies. Remember, the Habs played a defensive system because their roster is comprised of anemic forwards - what else were they going to do?

Top Bottom