• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

So jealous you guys signed Duchene for two more years... at a cheap price too...

He didn't have the best year. Also, the kid grew up as an Avs fan and all that shit - makes me think he's willing to be here even during the bad times. That's what this franchise desperately needs these days. Too many players who want to walk because we're not contenders right as they arrive.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So apparently Gaunce's brother is a Colorado prospect... this will provide some nice Northwest fun.

True, although it ain't exactly a deep pool :lol

1. Collberg
2. Gallagher/Holland
3. Holland/Gallagher

*black chasm*

4. Manics

DD will stay at centre until Gally is ready. So he'll probably get another 2 years there. But come the 2014-2015 season, our centres will be 1C - Gally, 2C - Eller/Pleks, 3C - Pleks/Eller, 4C White. DD WILL be moved to wing at some point. Finally getting some size down the middle. Fuck yeah!

Bingo.

Although, I could see Pleky eventually being moved, in which case it would be 1C - Gally, 2C - Eller, 3C - DD, 4C - White.

I'd say Kristo still has some legitimate chance of making it, but I think he hates the Habs.

And I think we'll eventually trade Plekanec as well. DD will then stay 2C or 3C, depending on how Eller develops.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd say Kristo still has some legitimate chance of making it, but I think he hates the Habs.

And I think we'll eventually trade Plekanec as well. DD will then stay 2C or 3C, depending on how Eller develops.
Kristo has top 6 tools, and I don't think he hates the Habs or he could have pulled a Justin Schultz this year but didn't.

Smiley90

Lol jeez, you took that shit super personally. I didn't even mean it like that.

I was just repeating it for this thread, since I'm fairly sure not everyone watched it and it wasn't mentioned before :p

Solo

9794a654bced11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Alyonka "treating" yet another 2 Russians? Girl loves her some Russian NHL dick.

Solo

I just can't get over how awesome it has to have a player named Thrower who loves nothing more than throwing 'em :lol

Great name or best name?

Tabris

I still cannot believe how cheap the Caps got Mike Riberio for. That guy is pure unadulterated talent. His face bugs the heck out of me though.

Smiley90

I wanted thrower :(

What his ex-coach has to say about Gaunce makes me happy though. Apparently extremely hard working and willing to go for loose pucks/play without the puck, willing to work on everything and a great two-way center. I like it.

Solo

Now only 8 days til free agency! Best couple of weeks of the season when your team is as brutal as the 2011-2012 Habs were :lol

Hoping for some SERIOUS fleecings

So jealous you guys signed Duchene for two more years... at a cheap price too...

He was pretty underwhelming last year... I think Landy had the best year and is hardly making more money than him. He has to start proving himself again or he'll be another bust like overpaid Stastny. It also sucks though because if he finally does perform like people expected it will be a lot more to resign him but I think this was probably the better move than having a lot of dead salary later potentially.

HF Boards is hilarious with these Hurricanes fans thinking they are gonna get Marc now. I fear the Hurricanes signing Marc Staal about as much as I fear the Hartford Whalers signing him. And he would never be traded there without an overpayment. Good luck with all that Canes.

HF Boards is hilarious with these Hurricanes fans thinking they are gonna get Marc now. I fear the Hurricanes signing Marc Staal about as much as I fear the Hartford Whalers signing him. And he would never be traded there without an overpayment. Good luck with all that Canes.

I'm most curious of the claims from Alucard saying he would be a 40 goal scorer if he was a top line player... I want to see if he steps up his totals now that he's not on a third line.

I'm most curious of the claims from Alucard saying he would be a 40 goal scorer if he was a top line player... I want to see if he steps up his totals now that he's not on a third line.

No denying that Jordan with more ice time is gonna get a few more points. I have no doubt that both Staal brother will light it up. But we are talking about budget team Carolina here. They were having trouble signing chad larose a few years back - larose! How are they gonna afford to build a team around these guys? What kind of money is skinner gonna get after this year?

If that proposed re-alignment happens that puts them and the capitals in the Atlantic division they won't be making the playoffs anytime soon.

No denying that Jordan with more ice time is gonna get a few more points. I have no doubt that both Staal brother will light it up. But we are talking about budget team Carolina here. They were having trouble signing chad larose a few years back - larose! How are they gonna afford to build a team around these guys? What kind of money is skinner gonna get after this year?

If that proposed re-alignment happens that puts them and the capitals in the Atlantic division they won't be making the playoffs anytime soon.

Sure, I'm just curious how much more he scores. A couple is given but him to be a consistent 30-40 goal scorer is something else I think.

Sure, I'm just curious how much more he scores. A couple is given but him to be a consistent 30-40 goal scorer is something else I think.

Well we'll see. Because its one thing to get more ice time on a team like the penguins with all that talent in the lineup. It's another thing all together to do it on a team like the Hurricanes that hasn't made the playoffs since 2009, won't have the money to bring in any high priced free agents, and wont want to expend any more assets to bring in a trade after what they gave up for Staal.

Well we'll see. Because its one thing to get more ice time on a team like the penguins with all that talent in the lineup. It's another thing all together to do it on a team like the Hurricanes that hasn't made the playoffs since 2009, won't have the money to bring in any high priced free agents, and wont want to expend any more assets to bring in a trade after what they gave up for Staal.

Ya, that's why I'm really interested how he pans out. I wonder if they'll attempt to put him on the wing to play with his brother at all?

Solo

During the draft, they said it wasn't going to be:

1C - EStaal
2C - JStaal

But rather:

1C - JStaal
1LW/RW - EStaal

So basically I suspect Jordan will get loaded up on assists while Eric piles up the goals. Both should hit 65 points or so.

During the draft, they said it wasn't going to be:

1C - EStaal
2C - JStaal

But rather:

1C - JStaal
1LW/RW - EStaal

So basically I suspect Jordan will get loaded up on assists while Eric piles up the goals. Both should hit 65 points or so.

Has Eric played wing at all while in Carolina? I know we had jordan play wing with Malkin for a while.

There's what 4 Staals in total right?

Ya, pretty sure carolina has the rights for the youngest too but he apparently sucks and bounces between echl and ahl.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No idea.

Personally, while 2 Staals together is the sexy line, its madness to me. I'd have them at 1C and 2C. Put them together on the PP or 4 or 4, but not at 5 on 5.

They were saying they'd probably do something of

Staal/Staal on line 1
Ruutu/Skinner on line 2

I don't know about the rest of Carolina's depth but those two top lines are pretty stacked right there anyways.

Solo

Pretty happy for Muller. He's gonna have a lot of talent and with a full season to shape Carolina, with him behind the bench, they are destined for great things.

Erdrick

The Jets are not going to offer Eric Fehr another contract this season. For 2.2 million a year given his horrible season and performance... I'm ok with this.

Top Bottom