• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
He couldn't even manage 20 min a game on shitty Toronto!?!?!?!

For fuck's sake Homer.....

Wilson had a hate hard on for schenn

Leafs bringing in Carlyle brought us so much hope that schenn would be used right

Kept wanting schenn to be some weird 2 way D... He's the human eraser. If he ever gets anywhere close to his rookie season I think leafs lose the trade

Cake Boss

Banned
Hopefully Schenn could find his game again with the patience of the Flyers fans and the style that the Flyers play could be beneficial to his style of play...............oh wait HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL HOLMGREN

My friend who is a flyer's fan likes it. She thinks JVR sort of sucked so she's happy for you guys to have both schenns now.

JVR's numbers are significantly better than Luke Schenn's. I agree that I don't think JVR is a future superstar or anything, but the numbers just don't matchup. You don't trade a 60-ish point point guy (based on his pace from last year and previous seasons) for a kid who can't play 20 minutes a game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
JVR's numbers are significantly better than Luke Schenn's. I agree that I don't think JVR is a future superstar or anything, but the numbers just don't matchup. You don't trade a 60-ish point point guy (based on his pace from last year and previous seasons) for a kid who can't play 20 minutes a game.

Now you know how Canucks felt in the Hodgson-Kassian trade.... only it's a 40 points guy to a guy who doesn't play 6mins.

This will be tolerable if further fleecing does not occur.

JVR was trade package material. Commitment to Schenn brothers+new defensive forward Laughton had better not put SCooter in the trade headlights or I am going to jump into rage mode.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Apparently Hendricks from LeafsTV said Burke isn't done yet.

mybodyisready

kid-birthday-hat-gif.gif

Smiley90

How does Leafs-GAF feal about sth that involes Komisarek, JVR and Luongo? (I've come to terms with the fact that we'd probably have to take on Komisarek to get rid of Luongo, IF he waives his NMC..) What other pieces/possibilites,now that Schenn's gone? (Before I had Schenn in all my possible Luongo-to-Toronto options...)

How does Leafs-GAF feal about sth that involes Komisarek, JVR and Luongo? (I've come to terms with the fact that we'd probably have to take on Komisarek to get rid of Luongo, IF he waives his NMC..) What other pieces/possibilites,now that Schenn's gone? (Before I had Schenn in all my possible Luongo-to-Toronto options...)

Wouldn't we have to move a forward as part of the deal to make that happen? Not exactly a ton of line room right now

This will be tolerable if further fleecing does not occur.

JVR was trade package material. Commitment to Schenn brothers+new defensive forward Laughton had better not put SCooter in the trade headlights or I am going to jump into rage mode.

Laughton isn't gonna be making the team unfortunately. Maybe ever.

Couturier for just about anything would be monumentally stupid.

Looks like a Carle resigning is incoming.

Harts/G/Voracek
Simmonds/Briere/Read
Schenn/Couts/Wellwood
Rinaldo/Talbot/???
Kimmo/Coburn
Carle/Grossman
Mez/Schenn
Gus
Bryz/???(For the love of god not Leigton)

Horribly underwhelming :|

Smiley90

Wouldn't we have to move a forward as part of the deal to make that happen? Not exactly a ton of line room right now

JVR is a forward... Or do you mean the Canucks? (sorry, not sure what your allegiance is..) We'll throw in Mason Raymond for shits and giggles.

JVR is a forward... Or do you mean the Canucks? (sorry, not sure what your allegiance is..) We'll throw in Mason Raymond for shits and giggles.

smh

But yes, Vancouver. We hardly have room for Kassian and all he seems to do is take up space

EDIT: Raymond? Well...depends if Burke was the guy to originally sign him

Smiley90

smh

But yes, Vancouver. We hardly have room for Kassian and all he seems to do is take up space

I'm hoping we can pull a sign-and-trade with Raymond. As much as Vigneault like him, I don't want to see another season of one of our players constantly falling down, sorry.

Also, presser? Big trade? LUONGOOOOOO

Smiley90

Brayden Schenn
‏@Bschenn_10

Gunna miss playing with @JVReemer21 great guy. Now get a chance to play with the bro! Happy day in the Schenn household!

awwwe.

Solo

I was considering making that my avatar, but couldn't dispose of Bergevin after a perfect draft.

Well, one of us should be wearing it! I was shuffling around between the NHL official photos, but I thought this unofficial, candid shot was best. Dude just got drafted and yet he sneaks off to watch.....THE DRAFT! :lol

RC

Banned
I'm hoping we can pull a sign-and-trade with Raymond. As much as Vigneault like him, I don't want to see another season of one of our players constantly falling down, sorry.

Also, presser? Big trade? LUONGOOOOOO

Don't get my hopes up Smiley.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Leaf fans are freaking out about Schenn trade on my facebook claiming he's a fan favourite and a top d man :lol :lol Good thing you guys got Rielly!

Solo

Can't wait til I can snag a pic of him actually playing in the bleu, blanc et rouge. But that's likely not happening until 2013-2014.

UNGH

Cant wait for pre-season to start.

Prior to last season, I never watched any pre-season games. Thought it was pointless and a waste of time. But I watched a few last season. And then the Habs started 0-23 or whatever.

I will never watch a pre-season game again :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Well, one of us should be wearing it! I was shuffling around between the NHL official photos, but I thought this unofficial, candid shot was best. Dude just got drafted and yet he sneaks off to watch.....THE DRAFT! :lol
I'll just wait until he gets his #94 and scores on the leafs ;)

Smiley90

Don't get my hopes up Smiley.

I think I'd actually be more excited about getting rid of Raymond than getting rid of Luongo. Luongo at least showed up most of the time... But yeah, now I'm more nervous than yesterday.

lupin23rd

In NHL 12 GM mode I traded Jordan Schroeder for JVR straight up, and the Flyers seemed to think that was a steal for them. JVR was on the top line of my Canucks with Benn and Kesler, all of whom were at like 96 overall or something like that.

I also traded Luongo to Winnipeg for two 1st round picks.

In short - I'd be OK if we managed to flip Luongo for JVR at this point, although I don't think Burke is going to let go of any forward he has that's capable of scoring a goal or two. Wasn't he talking to Minnesota at one point? Maybe he'll go after Backstrom with Harding signed there?

In NHL 12 GM mode I traded Jordan Schroeder for JVR straight up, and the Flyers seemed to think that was a steal for them. JVR was on the top line of my Canucks with Benn and Kesler, all of whom were at like 96 overall or something like that.

I also traded Luongo to Winnipeg for two 1st round picks.

In short - I'd be OK if we managed to flip Luongo for JVR at this point, although I don't think Burke is going to let go of any forward he has that's capable of scoring a goal or two. Wasn't he talking to Minnesota at one point? Maybe he'll go after Backstrom with Harding signed there?

So you're saying virtual Homer is just as stupid as real Homer?

ShaneB

Little behind, but yeah, seeing the Schenn/JVR trade just now. Seems like a deal that could work for both teams, perhaps a change in scenery will do them both good.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wonder who the leafs are after

Maybe they are making a run for either halak or Elliott

Colin Wilson?

I have this odd feeling leafs won't touch luongo

I guess Philly decided they wanted me to spend all season bitching about a Schenn again....

Brayden finally started to show up so they brought in the crappier one. How old is the younger one again? Should we just get him for the lulz?

Top Bottom