• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

JVR for L. Schenn swap is showing up on twitter now.

If it's a straight 1 for 1, bleh. They've got plenty of defensive prospects with a possible Schultz on the way, so Schenn's importance to Toronto is lower after a not so great season. JVR could've fetched more if we held onto him for one season not plagued with injury.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They trade JVR for a pylon ? :lol

I'm pretty sure the Canucks had JVR higher on their priority list than Kassian in the trade for Hodgson, so either Philly values Schenn higher than Hodgson or JVR just became available now... Dang. I wanted JVR :(

Good trade for both sides but I'm still fuckin' rattled. JVR was my favourite Flyer after Briere.
Time to go watch Game 2 against Boston 2 years ago to reminisce about the good times.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Question is... Would Burke turn around and trade JVR for luongo?

Leafs covet forwards with size and gillis didn't want schenn (because he thinks Canucks D is fine)

Merguson

Banned
At least we don't have to listen to Schenn rumors for years.. ala Kaberle..

Hopefully the change of scenery works out for both players

Lol it's actually something that would make the Canucks pause though... Even if the leafs add a little... It's a better offer for vancouver

Oh I don't disagree with you on that, I just love JVR and hate the canucks the most haha so I'd hate to see him end up there.

@fallout: Haha over here in Vancouver they're already having all Luongo merchandise 60% off

Cake Boss

Banned
LOL Trade for a Pylon.

Nice Fleece by Burke. Has a good record of fleecing lately, Kaberle, Ledba, Gardiner and now JVR trade. If only he was a patient man he'll be a good GM.

Quick

Banned
Bittersweet trade. I like Schenn and I thought he could still flourish in Toronto. At the same time, defence is full and someone had to go.

Good luck to Luke, hope Philly works out for him. I'm sure he'll like being with his brother.

Cactus

Banned
I'm pretty happy. Obviously JVR is overpaid right now, but he has a lot of offensive potential and will be given every chance to improve in T.O.

To Philly fans, Schenn is not as bad as some people make him out to be. His biggest weaknesses are his footspeed and his shot, but he is one of the more physical D-men in the league.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Question is... Would Burke turn around and trade JVR for luongo?

Leafs covet forwards with size and gillis didn't want schenn (because he thinks Canucks D is fine)

I was literally JUST thinking about this. Maybe that's why they've been waiting with the Luongo trade, because Gillis wanted offense coming back and wanted Burke to make the JVR trade first. Please make it happen, Luongo for JVR+? I'd be super happy with that, I'm a huge fan of JVR...

Cactus

Banned
I was literally JUST thinking about this. Maybe that's why they've been waiting with the Luongo trade, because Gillis wanted offense coming back and wanted Burke to make the JVR trade first. Please make it happen, Luongo for JVR+? I'd be super happy with that, I'm a huge fan of JVR...

Maybe you guys will get MacArthur. JVR essentially takes his spot on the second line next to Grabo.

Top Bottom