• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Schenn also can't handle the puck AT ALL under pressure. He was decent in his rookie year, and good in his third (I think) year playing with Kaberle but pretty bad otherwise. Still has the potential to be one of the better shutdown D.

I wonder who the leafs are after

Maybe they are making a run for either halak or Elliott

Colin Wilson?

I have this odd feeling leafs won't touch luongo
Halak and Elliot excelled behind a team that plays impeccable defensive hockey. I feel like they wouldn't transition at all to Toronto.

But then again, what the hell does Burke know about goaltenders.

ShaneB

Schenn also can't handle the puck AT ALL under pressure. He was decent in his rookie year, and good in his third (I think) year playing with Kaberle but pretty bad otherwise. Still has the potential to be one of the better shutdown D.

I guess the thing is, you're always under pressure playing in Toronto :p

Clydefrog

been sick. was puking last night (right before the Kings draft pick, actually.. weird)

been shitting all morning.

just saw the schenn for JVR trade. good trade for toronto!

MacAttack

Malcolm Subban said:
fc072092bd7b11e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

“Not sure what tastes sweeter. Being picked by Boston or the complimentary cookies at the front desk of my hotel. #oatmealchocolatechip”

<<< Do you think he would have cried if he was picked by a team like the Lightning?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Maybe Burke just snapped and decided to TRADE EVERYTHING

Empty the cupboard!

Go for luongo!

Go for bobby ryan!

Trade every pick and half your prospects!

Sign Schultz!

Force komisarek to agree to a $125 waiver!

Lupul - Bozie - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - MacArthur
Kulemin - Steckel - Frattin
____ - ____ - Brown

Armstrong
Crabb
Connolly
Lombardi
Rosehill

Not to mention the Marlies that have a good shot of making the team:

Kadri
D'Amigo
Orr
Colborne
Ashton

They just signed Komarov.

And Junior players that have an outside shot:

Brad Ross and maybe Broll.

A lot of extra bodies at forward, and the only ones that are tough and gritty are longshots.

Phaneuf - Gunnarsson
Gardiner - ____
Liles - ____

Franson
Komisarek

Marlies:
Holzer

D looking thin for next year. They'll go after a veteran in free agency, probably have to overpay. Rielly only played 18 games last year (+ 5 in the playoffs) so probably won't make the team, but Fowler (who was seen as very physically immature) and Devante Smith-Pelly made the team as 18 year olds under Carlyle. He may have to settle for dominating the WHL, and WJC.

Solo

Timmins said they were trying to draft a goalie but one never fit with where they were picking. At least nice to know they are finally looking. Need to land one next year as it's currently no man's land behind Price on the depth chart.

So I saw that the Pens are probably going for Parise instead of Suter and that Suter is pretty much going to Detroit, I would be fine with this, we would most likely sign Semin then which I think would play great with Datsyuk.

Fei

Shit. JVR for Schenn straight up is a real fleecing. Both were pretty good in 10-11 (JVR was awesome in the playoffs against the Sabres), but Schenn was absolutely awful last year in his own end. I'm scared of JVR in a 2-3 years. Schenn, not so much.

Flyers would have been better ponying up for Yandle instead.

Solo

How in the hell does Pitts afford Parise? Even with Staal and Michalek off the books? Crosby's about to sign a mega deal, and they have MUCH bigger needs than adding more offense.

I think for the most part Shero is a great GM, but Pitt going after Parise is retarded. It would be like Philly going after him, or like NYR doing after Suter or Yandle.

How in the hell does Pitts afford Parise? Even with Staal and Michalek off the books? Crosby's about to sign a mega deal, and they have MUCH bigger needs than adding more offense.

I think for the most part Shero is a great GM, but Pitt going after Parise is retarded. It would be like Philly going after him, or like NYR doing after Suter or Yandle.

Just posting what I read, I didn't realize that Pits still has a bunch of free agents they need to sign, but who knows.

Solo

Just posting what I read, I didn't realize that Pits still has a bunch of free agents they need to sign, but who knows.

I wasn't going off at you, just the lunacy of Pitts being in on Parise. Pitts have TONS of scoring, and a porous defence. So naturally, they need an upgrade on D. Not MOAR SCORING! That's why I used Philly and NYR as examples. Philly is exactly like Pitts (albeit with even more porous D and poor goaltending) and should be targeting D-men. NYR is the opposite of the two, and needs to be targeting offense (which it appears they are).

ZeroGravity

So I saw that the Pens are probably going for Parise instead of Suter and that Suter is pretty much going to Detroit, I would be fine with this, we would most likely sign Semin then which I think would play great with Datsyuk.
Bob McKenzie seems to think otherwise:

Bob McKenzie &#8207;@TSNBobMcKenzie
I assumed when PIT made big moves to clear cap space, it was for a run at UFA Parise but it seems UFA Suter is more likely primary target.

Alucard

Banned
McKenzie says he has talked to Shero, and that Shero is waiting until July 1st to make any offers to the big boys. Apparently, the stuff posted by CSNPhilly about the Pens already trying to trade for Suter's rights was bullshit...according to McKenzie. Hmm.

Even if the Pens don't get Suter, I'm assuming that Shero will go out and try to get a physical dman.

McKenzie says he has talked to Shero, and that Shero is waiting until July 1st to make any offers to the big boys. Apparently, the stuff posted by CSNPhilly about the Pens already trying to trade for Suter's rights was bullshit...according to McKenzie. Hmm.

Even if the Pens don't get Suter, I'm assuming that Shero will go out and try to get a physical dman.

I also read the Pens were looking into Yandle as well.

Top Bottom