• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Heretic

I backtracked and changed that to "he'd be eager". But you're right, "frustrated" is the right word for it. A guy who contributed positively for his team and still getting the shaft by being trade bait is probably really disheartening.

I should add: I read about Ryan's story a few months ago, and I have a lot more respect for the guy since. Not that I didn't like him, but I never really thought of him as having this troubled past considering that wasn't the story media played with (which is a good thing).

Definitely a good thing. I'm glad they're respecting that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
LOL. I didnt have a chance to comment on it earlier but I am sad to see JVR go. He showed flashes of being great but I am worried about his attitude. Glad that they got a physical defenseman back for him. That was by far their biggest need. I dont like the idea of having 2 brothers on the team but hopefully it will work out.

Worked out well for Ana

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
tumblr_kp534j4FCz1qz9qooo1_500.jpg

For Socreges...
:lol :lol

What is dead may never die....

Unfortunately for Bobby Stevenson, he doesn't have a NTC or NMC. The flyers trade for Schenn makes it unlikely they get a deal done in that regard. Obviously B. Schenn and Courterier are off limits. Who would be left? Ducks reportedly looking for a defensive defenseman and/or 2nd line center. They aren't taking Briere.

Edit: no offense to Flyers-GAF just trying to look at this logically.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Leafs offload one bum for an injured bum.

At least they got rid of Gustuv... for a 7th round draft pick. Monster indeed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hendricks says its possible the 2nd deal is done today

Hmmmmmmmm

Dude needs to spill some beans

And when asked if he (the asker) should sit around on twitter all day refreshing the page all hendricks said was "these are refreshing times" that made me LOL

Merguson

Banned

Hmmmmmmmm

And when asked if he (the asker) should sit around on twitter all day refreshing the page all hendricks said was "these are refreshing times" that made me LOL

STOP TEASING US DAMN IT

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hmmmmmmmm

I hate him so much right now. He's trolling like crazy and it hurts. :(

Cactus

Banned
I hate him so much right now. He's trolling like crazy and it hurts. :(

Some sort of deal is probably really close, but Henny should know better than to build excitement in this manner. If the trade falls though, he'll be getting a tonne of angry tweets.

What's better than getting wrecked at my brother-in-law's wedding and debating the intricacies of the Electric Slide with random people? When that random person is Colby Armstrong and he also has strong takes on first person shooters. Cool dude.

Awesome! He always seemed like an affable guy based on interviews and stuff like that. I'm glad he's just as friendly in person.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
What's better than getting wrecked at my brother-in-law's wedding and debating the intricacies of the Electric Slide with random people? When that random person is Colby Armstrong and he also has strong takes on first person shooters. Cool dude.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

That sounds amazing.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That and the supposed deadline to get a deal done (5 days after Coyotes last game + 30 day extension) is Wednesday. Plus this referendum stuff is going on.

Yuuuuup

Really curious to see what happens

Bettman randomly leaving a radio station interview to have dinner with Patrick Roy (main tenant of colisee) was very eyebrow raising too

Silexx

LAWL!

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown

Dear Rick Nash: I live in Ottawa. It’s a wonderful city, and you should absolutely not hesitate to waive your NTC to come here.

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown

Seriously, bring your inflated trade price, franchise-crippling cap hit and dwindling production to Ottawa. I’ll pick you up at the airport.

I love DGB, but he can be so bitter some times.

Top Bottom