• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

Man, the Ducks really are a comedy of errors, aren't they?

- terrible season despite major talent
- botched their draft picked
- gonna lose Schultz
- gonna lose Ryan
- gonna likely lose one if not both of Getzlaf and Perry to UFA in a year

Sorry Dastardly/Heretics :_(

Heretic

Man, the Ducks really are a comedy of errors, aren't they?

- terrible season despite major talent
- botched their draft picked
- gonna lose Schultz
- gonna lose Ryan
- gonna likely lose one if not both of Getzlaf and Perry to UFA in a year

Sorry Dastardly/Heretics :_(

All subjective, Solos!

I'm loving the Rielly and Finn picks the more I read about them. I hope Rielly becomes our Karlsson two years from now.

Karlsson is what he is because of the system we now play and what the coaching staff let him do. Mind you he's good enough to cover up for most mistakes.

I imagine most coaches would staple his ass to the benches for not playing it safe.

How does no one from NHL GAF have a Howson av? Dude even looks like a straight up troll.

If somebody on heres team gets Nash, they should be mandated to have a Howson avatar for the season. And that one CBJ fan that posts on here has to have the avatar of the GM that got Nash.

At this point, it's less like Howson is shopping nash, but rather going shopping on other teams players and getting turned down

He really thinks there will be some huge bidding war after Parise signs and he'll get a player, younger and as good as Nash with a lesser contract ? And then he wants 3-4 other players/prospects on top of that ?

Why the hell would SJ give up Couture who's younger and put up more points ? Is he that dumb ?

If somebody on heres team gets Nash, they should be mandated to have a Howson avatar for the season. And that one CBJ fan that posts on here has to have the avatar of the GM that got Nash.

Fuck that :lol

We seem to be the only team genuinely interested, amen for NMC's.

He really thinks there will be some huge bidding war after Parise signs and he'll get a player, younger and as good as Nash with a lesser contract ? And then he wants 3-4 other players/prospects on top of that ?

Why the hell would SJ give up Couture who's younger and put up more points ? Is he that dumb ?

I think the short answer is God Yes. He's trying to correct 10+ years of bad management in one trade. Nice try asshole, it's not gonna happen.

He said teams would be more desperate after coming up short in the playoffs. We see how that turned out. Now he thinks teams are gonna change their minds in a week or so?
The Rangers already know they aren't getting Parise. That still won't make them give up Kreider for Nash.

Just sayin'.......if I were one of those guys and saw the organization in shambles around me, I'd be looking towards greener pastures.......

Getzlaf will be a Duck for life. Perry will go where he goes. Sometimes players actually give a toss about their franchises, despite what they're going through. Especially at a kickass location like Anaheim where their family is established.

"Sorry hon, we're going to pack up and move our whole lives because currently the franchise, that I'm a face of, won't be cup contenders for a year or two". Yeah, nah.

They have cups. They're not THAT hungry for another.

Solo

Getzlaf will be a Duck for life. Perry will go where he goes. Sometimes players actually give a toss about their franchises, despite what they're going through. Especially at a kickass location like Anaheim where their family is established.

Are you saying Perry will go where Getzlaf goes? Or are you saying Perry will go where he wants?

Solo

Well then. We'll just have to wait and see, Mr. Dastardly! Are they both UFA after this upcoming season, or the one after?

Well then. We'll just have to wait and see, Mr. Dastardly! Are they both UFA after this upcoming season, or the one after?

After this season.

I insist that you copy my quote down and wave it in my face if it goes tits up.

Mind you, if I'm wrong, I'll have to respectfully ask you to not wave it in my face since I'll be on the ground, crying and clawing at the carpet while pleading at the Hockey Gods for mercy.

But after a little bit of recovery time, you can gladly come to up to me and whisper quietly in my ear "I told you so".

Solo

I'll write "I told you so" on the back of my hand and bring it across your face as if I were Manics himself and you were the Mrs.

...................if such a thing occurs, friend-o.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guy that works in LA for the 4th period was asked if Getzlaf could be moved and he said yes, but not if Bobby Ryan is moved, it's one or the other not both. But he implied Getlzaf being moved isn't a stretch, for what its worth.

Merguson

Banned
Wait, have the Leafs and the Ducks done their annual trade? If not, this must be corrected.

George Parros for a conditional 7th it is!

Guy that works in LA for the 4th period was asked if Getzlaf could be moved and he said yes, but not if Bobby Ryan is moved, it's one or the other not both. But he implied Getlzaf being moved isn't a stretch, for what its worth.

The source for that was the old "everybody is moveable except for Koivu and Selanne" quote from last year. Which was later reinforced at the draft. It's just GM mouth tricks.

Quick

Banned
GET OUTTA HERE YOU EMOTION-LESS VULTURES

image.php

Dasturdly pls

Top Bottom