• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

JVR will go down as another historic Leaf bust.

- Injury prone player
- Concussion problems
- Never played a full season
- Career high 40 points

I smell another Connolly.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Habs will make an offer to Schultz. The only way I see he ends up playing here is if Bergevin is holding his family hostage.

I still don't know how the hell the Leafs won the season series the year before last.

kadri_h_GIFSoupcom.gif

schenn_h_GIFSoupcom.gif

kessel_h_GIFSoupcom.gif

grabovski_h_GIFSoupcom.gif

armstrongwahavi.gif

lupinko

To be fair, the Yankees sucked from 82-93. Long stretches of being ass aren't uncommon for "historic" teams.

Oh I know that, but I just want stuff to happen already.

Even though the Leafs didn't win any cups with either Pat Burns or Pat Quinn teams, at least the hockey was fun and exciting. I miss those days. ='(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Didn't realize this until now, but Nathan Beaulieu's dad is Galchenyuk's coach in Sarnia.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Let's see--8 days until first day of free agency.

9 days until I'm disappointed that Ken Holland missed out on Suter, Parise, and more.

AwCvfmqCIAIpZby.jpg

Nothing to complain about!

Grigorenko could be the steal of the draft getting him outside the top 10. It's a bit of a gamble since obviously several other teams thought he wasn't worth it to let him slip that far, but man... a center that could possibly play as early as this season? Exactly what they needed.

This exactly. I love the picks we made; couldn't be happier. Darcy with the surprises once again!

After all these years of top 10 drafting, have a relatively uneventful draft for the Panthers is relaxing.

FA coming up is the exact opposite. Tallon needs to go HAM on Garrison. There really isn't a replacement for him on the FA market. Given Staal traded and Stoll signing Jokinen looks like a lock for the Panthers. Suter wouldn't fit well in the line-up and I doubt we have the pockets for Parise. I think though the Panthers can be the dark horse for Semin and put a good offer at him. I think refusing Lou was also a strategic move at VAN by not freeing any extra cap they might put to Garrison.

Hopefully on July 2nd we'll see Jokinen and and Semin. If not Semin I wouldn't mind Parenteau. The offense is the biggest need though. Carolina just got a lot tougher and the Caps just got a decent replacement for Semin. I completely trust Tallon with so we 'll see what happens.

gaming_noob

HFboards seems to think Colin Wilson is the one Burke was after earlier today.

Gunnarsson and Bozak...would that land Wilson? Would hate to lose Gunnarsson but they need to upgrade from Bozak as the first line center.

Top Bottom