• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

32950_384x288_generated__NL0YTcJI-0S1kT5KTMEhOw.jpg

Hah

I was thinking about looking into Euro Disneyworld today since I'll be in France soon and the Simpsons episode always made me chuckle

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If Galchenyuk stays with the Sting like he should next year, I'm gonna make sure I go see him every time the Sting play my local OHL team.

Solo

If Galchenyuk stays with the Sting like he should next year, I'm gonna make sure I go see him every time the Sting play my local OHL team.

I dunno man, I'm not ruling anything out with that kid. From everything I see from him in interviews and the way everyone speaks about him, I wouldn't underestimate the work he is going to put in this summer to try to get into the NHL. I know essentially jumping from a 16 year old OHLer to an 18 year old NHLer is pretty much unprecedented, and I'm hardly saying it will or should happen, but I think the kid has the drive for it.

At the very least, he'll get his 9 games in.

Red_Man

He's going to need an incredible camp. No reason to rush him unless he absolutely looks like he belongs.

Side note, I have TSN on in the background and they're doing some CFL thing and there's a guy on their who looks like a black Craig Button, it's really tripping me out.

Solo

He's going to have to have an incredible camp. No reason to rush him unless he absolutely looks like he belongs.

They won't rush him - Montreal is notorious for taking a long time developing prospects (probably a good reason why they develop more NHL players than anyone else). It won't be on the Habs' end. If it happens, it will be on Gally's end. His motivation will be to perform so well that Montreal can't possibly send him down.

Solo

I still want to get to a game at the Bell. Fucking passports though, still need to get around to obtaining one.

Never seen a game at the Bell Centre? Oh man, that's a shame. One of my most looked-forward-to events each year is the annual trip to a Habs game or two at the Bell Centre.

Red_Man

Pred's aren't re-signing Bouillon, I'd be game for the Habs to resign him for a year, provide some leadership and play on a bottom pairing.

Sanjuro

Never seen a game at the Bell Centre? Oh man, that's a shame. One of my most looked-forward-to events each year is the annual trip to a Habs game or two at the Bell Centre.

Most of my friends aren't hockey nuts and it was simpler when I could just drive right in without hassle.

In general, I need to start going to more road games. They're a blast when you inject yourself into another passionate fan base.

Solo

Most of my friends aren't hockey nuts and it was simpler when I could just drive right in without hassle.

In general, I need to start going to more road games. They're a blast when you inject yourself into another passionate fan base.

The Habs/Bs game I saw this past season (1-0 win for Boston) devolved into a brawl in the red section :lol

EDIT: Also think that when the Bell contract runs out and they inevitably rename the Bell Centre back to the Molson Centre, they should call it the Molson Forum instead.

You need to go to a Leafs-Habs season opener in Toronto, there is so much hope and hate in the air

Sanjuro

The Habs/Bs game I saw this past season (1-0 win for Boston) devolved into a brawl in the red section :lol

I normally don't try and start anything, at the same time I can get myself into trouble by not taking any shit from opposing fans.

Worst I've done is jokingly say "Fuck the Habs" at a bar. People not involved, but overhearing my conversation didn't take kindly to that.

I should really do that some year. I've seen a game in the ACC, but it wasn't the Habs. Can;t even recall who it was that the Leafs were playing.

I think I'm going to hold off on buying tix to this years opener unless the Leafs add something really exciting =/

Solo

Tickets are bloody expensive, I may have more fun watching at a bar then at the ACC

Yeah, I hear ya. I just about punched my monitor when sef said Preds season tickets were like $800. Preds fans get 41 games for the same amount a Leafs/Habs/Nucks would get to see 3-4 games for :_(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I normally don't try and start anything, at the same time I can get myself into trouble by not taking any shit from opposing fans.

Worst I've done is jokingly say "Fuck the Habs" at a bar. People not involved, but overhearing my conversation didn't take kindly to that.
Pub in Toronto
Bs win over Habs.

YES

Pay your bill and get out!

Yeah, I hear ya. I just about punched my monitor when sef said Preds season tickets were like $800. Preds fans get 41 games for the same amount a Leafs/Habs/Nucks would get to see 3-4 games for :_(

I still gotta go to a Bell Centre game. Pretty bloody expensive even compared to Canucks tickets :/ Crowd always seems into it, though I'll miss out on the people protesting about coach languages this year...

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Pred's aren't re-signing Bouillon, I'd be game for the Habs to resign him for a year, provide some leadership and play on a bottom pairing.

i like franky a lot as a bottom pair d-man, bummed we're not re-signing him but i guess it makes sense with all the kids coming up. gotta think poile goes after gill so he doesnt see the trade as a lost pick

Top Bottom