• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

i like franky a lot as a bottom pair d-man, bummed we're not re-signing him but i guess it makes sense with all the kids coming up. gotta think poile goes after gill so he doesnt see the trade as a lost pick

Sorry sef, Montreal-South is over. We're taking Bouillion, the Kost bros, and Gill back. Rads is coming too. Played his junior here and all.

i like franky a lot as a bottom pair d-man, bummed we're not re-signing him but i guess it makes sense with all the kids coming up. gotta think poile goes after gill so he doesnt see the trade as a lost pick

Wow, so now both Bouillon and Tootoo aren't resigning with the Preds, so who are they keeping?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Wow, so now both Bouillon and Tootoo aren't resigning with the Preds, so who are they keeping?

mostly promotions from the AHL to fill in the holes, plenty of non-forwards in the waiting. weber (RFA), colin wilson (RFA), hal gill and gaustad are pretty much it on the (significant signing) agenda i would guess. poile's gotta have a plan B for suter leaving and i imagine its a top 6 forward to replace sergei kostitsyn, who is likely on the way out and a 2nd pair d-man, maybe try and bring shane obrien back

My buddy who's a Leaf's fan and myself are considering going to one soon, it's just so goddamn expensive.

You can get single seats up in the purples if you get in on the internet presale, but you have to be quick and ok with not sitting beside each other......

One year my buddy and I went, we ended up being 1 row apart

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol fuck that.... My buddies gf got him tickets to the preseason game against Buffalo last year and it was like $100 each....unreal...

mostly promotions from the AHL to fill in the holes, plenty of non-forwards in the waiting. weber (RFA), colin wilson (RFA), hal gill and gaustad are pretty much it on the (significant signing) agenda i would guess. poile's gotta have a plan B for suter leaving and i imagine its a top 6 forward to replace sergei kostitsyn, who is likely on the way out and a 2nd pair d-man, maybe try and bring shane obrien back

Leafs have extra forwards that can masquerade as top 6 guys but actually suck.

For some reason I could see Doan being a good pickup for Nashville.

How long is this brah from Canadina high school hockey that the flames drafted going to spend in the AHL. Kathryn Tappen looked bigger than him during the interview.

Cake Boss

Banned
Slow news day has made me weak and started to look at Eklund shit.
Apologies for being cryptic and the delay getting this up. I love my job on days like today, days when it feels like a big puzzle to solve..I have some off-the-record info now, which I can go live with around at 5pm..that info is interesting and concerns 2 of the major UFA's, however, it is only about half as interesting as what appears to be brewing in the next 24-48 hours in eastern Canada
...wow

Because I am bored I am going to play along.

Err

MTL- Trading Plecanic or Subban?
Toronto- Trading for Luongo or Brendan Morrow
Ott- Trading for Nash or Ryan

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Slow news day has made me weak and started to look at Eklund shit.

My favorite Eklund bit from the past year was the day before the JVR for Schenn trade.

On his post he stated that Toronto and Philly were talking and it was clearly NOT JVR for Schenn.

People around the league must purposely screw with the guy on a regular basis.

My favorite Eklund bit from the past year was the day before the JVR for Schenn trade.

On his post he stated that Toronto and Philly were talking and it was clearly NOT JVR for Schenn.

People around the league must purposely screw with the guy on a regular basis.

I think an hour or two before the trade he said that nothing was imminent.

Either people mess with him or he just doesn't have any sources, he just makes shit up for web site hits.

Red_Man

alanna ‏@alannafletcher@Nail10_1993 are you a ~virgin~

‏@Nail10_1993@alannafletcher ya ;(

:lol poor Nail, not for long

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think an hour or two before the trade he said that nothing was imminent.

Either people mess with him or he just doesn't have any sources, he just makes shit up for web site hits.

Ding Ding Ding!

I still say Eklund's biggest highlight is when Sportsnet got him for the trade deadline special. They even hid his face. It was an absolute trainwreck.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
alanna ‏@alannafletcher@Nail10_1993 are you a ~virgin~

‏@Nail10_1993@alannafletcher ya ;(

:lol poor Nail, not for long

Is this for real? wtf? Why the hell would you... do that...on twitter... when you know everyone's checking your twitter feed? wtf.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yea that's his actual account, I assume Edmonton will be getting on his ass soon.

That's even worse than Luongo's twitter account, and he's leaving and his account isn't even official.

EDIT: That reminds me:

Luongo's tweet after the whole "Luongo will only waive his NTC to Florida, not Toronto" rumour:

Strombone ‏@strombone1
Can someone help me out with the twitter. I'm kinda new at this. Twitter+Source= Fact? I knew I shoulda finished college!

so yeah...

Red_Man

People actually like Jay Onrait?

Yelling obviously makes everything funny. That dude is such a hack, like most the anchors on TSN.
iJRov46fTtODM.gif

Jay Onrait is a Canadian treasure, thank you very much.

Clydefrog

The Simpsons images are always so spot-on with NHL-GAF. I have to hand it to you guys.

right now I feel like Bart and you guys are Lisa
9iiU8.jpg

Dolan as an Anaheim Mighty Duck was pretty funny too

Top Bottom