• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Interesting moves from the Canucks today. Gragnani, Rome, Ebbet, Duco and Oreskovich will not be returning to the team.

Oreskovich was the obvious one to go, he played himself out of the organization basically, but the rest are more interesting. I thought Ebbet was going to be offered a slight raise so they could keep him as an insurance for that top six role in Kesler's absence, but I guess Gillis thought otherwise. This is also a very good sign for Schroeder, as I pegged Ebbett as one of his competition for that temporary 2nd line center job during the early part of the season.

The two defencemen leaving are more interesting. This leaves the Canucks with only 6 dmen heading into the season: Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, Tanev, Alberts and Ballard. I think this signals that they're either trying to clear space to appeal to Schultz, or to accommodate Garrison in a potential trade with the Panthers. As for Gragnani, well I'm surprised, but not too surprised by it. On one hand, he was a big piece coming over for the Hodgson trade, on the other hand, I've always thought he was a poor man's version of Kevin Connauton, who ought to compete for a spot this season, and Gillis might've thought the same.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Interesting moves from the Canucks today. Gragnani, Rome, Ebbet, Duco and Oreskovich will not be returning to the team.

Oreskovich was the obvious one to go, he played himself out of the organization basically, but the rest are more interesting. I thought Ebbet was going to be offered a slight raise so they could keep him as an insurance for that top six role in Kesler's absence, but I guess Gillis thought otherwise. This is also a very good sign for Schroeder, as I pegged Ebbett as one of his competition for that temporary 2nd line center job during the early part of the season.

The two defencemen leaving are more interesting. This leaves the Canucks with only 6 dmen heading into the season: Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, Tanev, Alberts and Ballard. I think this signals that they're either trying to clear space to appeal to Schultz, or to accommodate Garrison in a potential trade with the Panthers. As for Gragnani, well I'm surprised, but not too surprised by it. On one hand, he was a big piece coming over for the Hodgson trade, on the other hand, I've always thought he was a poor man's version of Kevin Connauton, who ought to compete for a spot this season, and Gillis might've thought the same.

Mhmmm... Surprised we're not holding on to Rome and Ebbet... Also or D-depth is poof now, that means we'll hopefully see some moves on July 1st

Smiley90

Whoops! Even better. Of-fucking-course he's a first ballot HOFer. Oh, he was a dirty player? Guess what? Future first ballot HOFer Sidney Crosby is a dirty player too. Big deal.

Someone whose career ends at 27 due to consecutive injuries is a first balloter? Uuuuh....

Solo

Someone whose career ends at 27 due to consecutive injuries is a first balloter? Uuuuh....

Real talk: Crosby was a first balloter at the age of 23. He could have retired in 2010 and still been a first ballot HOFer. MVP, Cup, Conn Smythe, Olympic winning goal all under his belt. Everything he has done from the Olympics onward is just gravy.

Smiley90

Real talk: Crosby was a first balloter at the age of 23. He could have retired in 2010 and still been a first ballot HOFer. MVP, Cup, Conn Smythe, Olympic winning goal all under his belt.

Do they consider the Olympics? Really?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs will have 41 contracts signed when the QOs are dealt with, leaving a lot of room for Bergevin to bring in some new blood. Sounds good to me.

Solo

And I don't even like Crosby (blasphemy as an Atlantic Canadian, I know). But I respect the shit out of him and his accomplishments.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And I don't even like Crosby (blasphemy as an Atlantic Canadian, I know). But I respect the shit out of him and his accomplishments.

He can dive with the best of them!

Just kidding. I think he is a great player, but he needs to hold it in and stop whining it up like a little baby. He will forever be immortalized for me for the golden goal. But man...dude needs to get some composure.

A similiar situation between Schultz and you.

Just putting it out there, but finding out that Schultz is about as loyal as a golf pro in a strip club is actually seeming more and more like dodging a bullet.

I mean, *ahem*...

Jisiotkl putiing itb out thathere byt findingniof oturih thta taschultz is abaout ass liyala as as gril pfor inaas stribip clubui sic actuankaly semmigin moremo andn mrie leilkle doduiguin s billtet.

That took way too much effort to do, how the hell do you do it with ease Lisa? I need 2 blue bacardi breezers, stat.

Hey guys! Look over there!
images

Man, waking up and seeing a stab at Anaheim before I've had a coffee really is a sure fire way to bring out the dick in me :lol

Sorry CB, you know I'm only playfully jabbing.

Alucard

Banned
He can dive with the best of them!

Just kidding. I think he is a great player, but he needs to hold it in and stop whining it up like a little baby. He will forever be immortalized for me for the golden goal. But man...dude needs to get some composure.

I agree that he still has some maturing to do. While he is a captain and supposed to talk to officials, he takes a bit far from time to time.

As a Pens fan, I'm more concerned about Letang's composure.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that he still has some maturing to do. While he is a captain and supposed to talk to officials, he takes a bit far from time to time.

What about Neal? I don't understand why he decided to headhunt during that game.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Seems like the Pens box stretching the playoffs has humbled your opinion on some of the players and the team overall :lol good to see....both Crosby and Letang are world class players anyone would want on their team, but they both do whine a bit. Every team has those kind of players though, I do wish Subban would take some boxing lessons or something so he could fight better, but I don't want him really fighting in the first place, he's too valuable to the team.

Smiley90

Man, waking up and seeing a stab at Anaheim before I've had a coffee really is a sure fire way to bring out the dick in me :lol

Sorry CB, you know I'm only playfully jabbing.

The atmosphere in this thread has definitely suffered from the kind of playoff hockey/non-involvement of most our teams :p

Smiley90

I think everyone is just sexually frustrated.

Ha.

Also, I actually feel kinda bad for Anaheim this offseason, I like the team (mostly because of Hiller and Sbisa being fellow Swiss). Just so many unfortunate events that happened/might happen.

Heretic

Ha.

Also, I actually feel kinda bad for Anaheim this offseason, I like the team (mostly because of Hiller and Sbisa being fellow Swiss). Just so many unfortunate events that happened/might happen.
We'll be fine
i hope
. I think the inital shock of it all happening at once kind of messed us up. If Bobby wants to go, then send him on his way. As much as I like the kid, there's no point in keeping someone that doesn't want to be here.

I'm hoping the interviewer kind of blew smoke in his ass and he kind of let his emotions get the best of him.
Fuck the Ducks.

Fuck your team, you dirty hippy!

Top Bottom