• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Cake Boss

Banned
No one knows shit yet because he still doesnt know. Hes still listening to team's pitches this week, Detroit's today or tomorrow and Ott already said theyare meeting this week in Toronto.

No one would know till the end of the week.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No one knows shit yet because he still doesnt know. Hes still listening to team's pitches this week, Detroit's today or tomorrow and Ott already said theyare meeting this week in Toronto.

No one would know till the end of the week.

He arrives in Toronto today, teams to make their pitches tomorrow

When he signs? Likely his birthday.

When he lets the whole world know who he signing with? Who knows. I know teams like Toronto are a tad impatient and don't like being strung along

He arrives in Toronto today, teams to make their pitches tomorrow

When he signs? Likely his birthday.

When he lets the whole world know who he signing with? Who knows. I know teams like Toronto are a tad impatient and don't like being strung along

New TSN Special.

Justin Schultz: The Decision

Fei

I cant stand that guy, whish they would replace him with whoever they want on WGR. Guy knows nothing about hockey...

Yeah, he's the worst kind. He basically admits he doesn't know what he's talking about and defends it by saying 'I'm a radio talk show host, not a coach/scout/etc.!' Buddy, if you're going to provide commentary, you might want to have a clue in what you are talking about.

I'm scared Ruff is going to mismanage this kid.

Yeah, it's a legit fear. Potential Afinogenov 2.0 with Ruff.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Pavel Bure was my all-time favorite player growing up (along with Scott "Elbowing Penalties Display Lack of Skill" Stevens) and it's a great day. The amount of burn between him and the Canucks organization is legendary, but you'd think after some ownership/regime changes enough water would have flowed under the bridge to make a Ring of Honor appearance happen. Hell, I would have retired his jersey years ago but whatever. The most dynamic player to ever appear in a Canucks uniform and easily the most exciting player in the league during his prime years.

1t2li.jpg

1. Sorry to see Aaron Rome go. He never should have got that penalty for flattening Horton in the SCF. He will be somewhat missed /MetalGearSalute
2. Easiest way to wind up Leafs fans on Facebook bitching about Bure's inclusion? Blame Doug Gilmour for lowering the bar in the first place. Add water and stir. Mmmm mmm, bitches!

No need to flame. Shanny deserves to be in, just not ahead of Sundin so I guess he was an odd man out this year. He'll be in soon enough.

Burns should be in as well, but I don't know how to decide between players and coaches.

What makes him less deserving than Sundin? He has more career goals and points than sundin, and won 3 cups, and had 2 50 goal seasons. Is there something I'm missing?

lupinko

Pavel Bure was my all-time favorite player growing up (along with Scott "Elbowing Penalties Display Lack of Skill" Stevens) and it's a great day. The amount of burn between him and the Canucks organization is legendary, but you'd think after some ownership/regime changes enough water would have flowed under the bridge to make a Ring of Honor appearance happen. Hell, I would have retired his jersey years ago but whatever. The most dynamic player to ever appear in a Canucks uniform and easily the most exciting player in the league during his prime years.

1t2li.jpg

1. Sorry to see Aaron Rome go. He never should have got that penalty for flattening Horton in the SCF. He will be somewhat missed /MetalGearSalute
2. Easiest way to wind up Leafs fans on Facebook bitching about Bure's inclusion? Blame Doug Gilmour for lowering the bar in the first place. Add water and stir. Mmmm mmm, bitches!

Doug Gilmour has a Stanley cup and selke among other accomplishments and championships.

Apparently Vancouver might be a front runner in the Schultz sweepstakes according to an Oilers insider. Toronto and New York are reported to be neck in neck in second and Oilers sit fourth.

The fact that Vancouver just dropped two defensemen makes it really interesting. That 2nd pairing spot is available and I'm assuming Vancouver is telling Schultz that it's his if he can earn it. There really isn't a better spot for an offensive defenseman looking for a huge splash into the NHL.

Whatever team takes him is my new hated team for next season. Queens be damned, they'll be insufferable to deal with.

Quick

Banned
RenLavoieRDS
"Talks between the NHLPA and the NHL will start Friday in New York City"

Here goes nothing...

Earlier on TSN, it was mentioned that if the CBA expired without a new one in place, it doesn't necessarily mean work stoppage. They said something along the lines of continuing negotiations while the league operated under something similar to the current CBA.

Heretic

Earlier on TSN, it was mentioned that if the CBA expired without a new one in place, it doesn't necessarily mean work stoppage. They said something along the lines of continuing negotiations while the league operated under something similar to the current CBA.
Icemancometh (Ducks Blogger/Guru) said he thinks players would be ok with that but the managers wouldn't.

I was rather happy with the Destroy choice.
I don't disagree, I thought that closed it the best way possible, but that doesn't make the whole genesis of that ending to be complete shit.

Apparently Hudson and Bioware are very high on the synthesis ending, and that may prove to be the canonical one.

acquire all the free agents!!!!

So have you decided which free agents you want to go to Colorado and the Pens. Choose wisely, you may have to split them up so that both of your teams have the maximum chance to win the cup. :p

I doubt Colorado makes any big moves this offseason and I still don't think they'll improve any until they ditch sacco. They looked so lazy towards the end of the season, sacco doesn't seem to get anyone motivated so it doesn't matter much. And Pens hopefully will make a smart big move if they make one at all.

Jade Empire.

There, I said it.

Yup, incredibly disappointing after all the hype it received.

Would Doan, after playing his entire career in the armpit of the hockey world, be able to handle a larger high pressure market? A press corps thay actually sevices a significant and demanding fan base? I wouldn't be surprised if he signs for a mid-tier franchise if he is unable to work something out with the Coyotes.

Edit: Sucks to hear that the ME3 endings are still annoying. They killed the appeal of MP for me.

If Doan handled Winnipeg, he can handle anywhere.

Can't believe he's testing free agency. I thought he was loyal as hell to the Desert Dickheads for a bit there...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dredger said this is a result of the shit management in Phoenix, he said if they had competent management in place, Doan would have had a deal a long time ago.

Top Bottom