• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

How could an unsigned prospect like Schultz nix a trade? That makes no sense.

Schultz and his agent let it be known that they are heading into July 1st and listening to all offers 1st ?

Anaheim could trade his rights (to Toronto for example) but he won't sign so the trade is dead.

How could an unsigned prospect like Schultz nix a trade? That makes no sense.

He could say he will leak it out that he wont sign with any team that trades for his rights. It doesnt make any sense though unless he just wants to stick it to the Ducks for drafting him.

Right but why would he care if the Leafs want to give away a pick or something for his rights? It doesnt affect him in any way.

He doesn't care but why would any team trade his rights when he's not signing with anyone before July 1st ? His agent did the right thing so there's no butthurt GMs.

I believe Hamhuis rights got traded twice 2 years ago but he promptly signed with Vancouver (which means that was his plan all along).

drPepper

Banned
Eh, Schopp trolling again?

Apparently Grigorenko said he wants to wear #89 in honor of Mogilny. It would be pretty awesome seeing a Sabres 89 flying around the ice again.

I cant stand that guy, whish they would replace him with whoever they want on WGR. Guy knows nothing about hockey...

Honestly not many of these long-term lifetime contracts look like a good idea right now

Pronger's is bad due to his concussion and age.

Bryzgalov Need I say more ?

Luongo's makes him virtually untradeable

Kovalchuk's helped bankrupt the Devils, and they might lose Parise because of it.

Honestly not many of these long-term lifetime contracts look like a good idea right now

Kovalchuk's helped bankrupt the Devils, and they might lose Parise because of it.

Richards and Carter deals don't look too bad. Ovechkin deal doesn't look awful. Not great, but not awful.

1 out of 4 worked out for hockey fans.

Quick

Banned
iVRjjS9I2tpu4.gif

Alright, I'm ready for the HHOF inductees announcement.

Cake Boss

Banned
LOL at Shanahan and Burns not getting in, people with actual rings not get in over people that didnt even get to the finals or 3rd round.

/ puts on flame suit. Do your bestz.

ShaneB

As I said on last page, Oates was one of my favourite players when I was young, really glad to see him get in the HHOF.

Happy about the O'Brien re-sign, he was huge for us last year. I know there's a lot of warranted distaste for him around here, but he had a hell of a season despite douchey tendencies.

Edit: Also, Super Joe. Hall of Fame can't hold all that clutch.

ElNino

LOL at Shanahan and Burns not getting in, people with actual rings not get in over people that didnt even get to the finals or 3rd round.

/ puts on flame suit. Do your bestz.
No need to flame. Shanny deserves to be in, just not ahead of Sundin so I guess he was an odd man out this year. He'll be in soon enough.

Burns should be in as well, but I don't know how to decide between players and coaches.

Apparently Vancouver might be a front runner in the Schultz sweepstakes according to an Oilers insider. Toronto and New York are reported to be neck in neck in second and Oilers sit fourth.

The fact that Vancouver just dropped two defensemen makes it really interesting. That 2nd pairing spot is available and I'm assuming Vancouver is telling Schultz that it's his if he can earn it. There really isn't a better spot for an offensive defenseman looking for a huge splash into the NHL.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Apparently Vancouver might be a front runner in the Schultz sweepstakes according to an Oilers insider. Toronto and New York are reported to be neck in neck in second and Oilers sit fourth.

The fact that Vancouver just dropped two defensemen makes it really interesting. That 2nd pairing spot is available and I'm assuming Vancouver is telling Schultz that it's his if he can earn it. There really isn't a better spot for an offensive defenseman looking for a huge splash into the NHL.

I personally think no one has a damned clue where he's going to land.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I personally think no one has a damned clue where he's going to land.
More or less this. A case can be made for each of those teams.

In Hab's news, because I didn't see it posted, Ryan White signed a 1 year, 1 way deal for $687,000. Perfect imo, gives him a chance to show us what he has with a full healthy year, for cheap. Great deal.

Top Bottom