• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Man, so much potential. There's gotta be teams that take a chance on probably all of those except maybe Brule? A third of those players were players I went after in NHL 2010 in GM mode for development.
Sometimes when you don't post for a while, I just assume you've become a normal person, then you come into the thread and say that there is a lot of potential in Alexandre Picard, and then I remember how fucking stupid you are.

Tabris

Sometimes when you don't post for a while, I just assume you've become a normal person, then you come into the thread and say that there is a lot of potential in Alexandre Picard, and then I remember how fucking stupid you are.

Well to be fair, I actually thought it was Alexandre Picard and not Alexandre R. Picard based on the post not mentioning the R (I didn't know which of the two played for which team until I looked it up)

Red_Man

I hope so, I get Hulk rage when I see that guys name, pretty awful experience watching him in a Habs uniform.

Red_Man

Not when it's this guy wearing it:

iHTHn.jpg

All the while, having the same result as your beloved Canucks :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Isn't it a pretty awful experience watching anyone in a Habs uniform?

Have to give it to you, sometimes you're quite funny on an actual funny-level, not just on a "haha let's all look at the disillusioned kid" level.

"Second round prospect"? He's a goddamn fucking blue-chip Top 4 NHL-ready D. If your team is going to steal him and you're going to suck the collective semen out of him for years to come then the least you can do is some god damn research.

Watch some fucking college hockey once in a while. It's on fucking TV over there for gods sake.

FUCK.

Merguson

Banned
WTF leafs didn't give HOLZER a QO????no!

Nooooo!

Idiots!!!!

Where is this list from?

This is all I can find on the qualifying offers business. A quote from an article in the Toronto Sun.

The other Leafs who were due qualifying offers – defenceman Cody Franson and forward Matt Frattin — got them, Nonis confirmed. So did possible important pieces of the future, including goalies Ben Scrivens and Jussi Rynnas and defenceman Korbinian Holzer.

Other than that, I don't see any other source.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
26 NHL teams have expressed interest in UFA dman Justin Schultz, a shortlist of 5, give or take a team or two, likely by this afternoon.

Yay hopefully this shit is done by tonight, and the Nash shit is done soon as Parise signs a new contract this weekend.

So can anyone list me past players who had an impact in the NHL right after college without any time needed in the AHL? Especially dman.

I am trying to think of one but can't.

I was going to say Matt Read but it seems he played 11 AHL games.

That's the fastest, most successful college to NHL transition I can think of.

edit:

Chris Kreider was pretty good for the Rangers straight out of Boston College with no AHL time. And this was the playoffs (way more intense than regular season).

Yay hopefully this shit is done by tonight, and the Nash shit is done soon as Parise signs a new contract this weekend.

Wouldn't surprise me if Nash stays in Columbus. What Howson wants and what the market is willing to pay seem to be very far apart.

Cake Boss

Banned
Both of those guys are forwards, even Karlsson had to some time in the AHL in his first year.

It would be interesting what promises would he be made this week and what he actually gets from the coach that will play him, wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't go right for him he would demand a trade.

Both of those guys are forwards, even Karlsson had to some time in the AHL in his first year.

EK had to get used to NA hockey and the smaller ice surface, a lot harder for Europeans to start out in the NHL.

Matt Read was also 25.... and a forward...

I could only think of forwards, the only D-man that comes to mind is Matt Gilroy but he was overhyped, still he wasn't a disaster in the NHL and played quite a bit, just never lived up to the hype.

Montresor

DAT LUONGO FLEECE JOB

edit: Oh jesus christ it's fake. I was referring to this:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@RealESPNLeBrun

The Canucks have traded Roberto Luongo back to Florida for goalie prospect Jacob Markstrom, Stephen Weiss, and a conditional 3rd round pick.

EK had to get used to NA hockey and the smaller ice surface, a lot harder for Europeans to start out in the NHL.

I could only think of forwards, the only D-man that comes to mind is Matt Gilroy but he was overhyped, still he wasn't a disaster in the NHL and played quite a bit, just never lived up to the hype.
Gilroy also wasn't that good. There's a reason he's been getting bounced around....

So can anyone list me past players who had an impact in the NHL right after college without any time needed in the AHL? Especially dman.

Without going to the AHL at 19 after 1 season in the QMJHL, Dmitri Kulikov played 68 games in his rookie year on 2nd pairing.

DAT LUONGO FLEECE JOB

The Canucks have traded Roberto Luongo back to Florida for goalie prospect Jacob Markstrom, Stephen Weiss, and a conditional 3rd round pick.
Fake as fuck. Weiss will retire a Panther, VAN does not need another NHL ready goalie prospect..

Edit- Panthers do not currently have a 2013 3rd round pick. Traded for Wolski last season.

DAT LUONGO FLEECE JOB

I don't follow the tweeter or whatever but isn't there a way to go after these fake accounts?

ElNino

Well, Gardiner is pretty close to that considering he only played 10 games for the Marlies a season ago after leaving Wisconsin. Granted, it did take him about half of this season before he really seemed comfortable in the NHL, but he finished strong.

Fake as fuck. Weiss will retire a Panther, VAN does not need another NHL ready goalie prospect..

That would be a really bad deal for both teams, heh. Canucks minor league system clogged with goalies, plus a 3m forward who is UFA next season. I like how the "conditional pick" was added for authenticity though

Fei

Tyler Myers is a good example. He didn't go to college, but he played a couple years in the WHL before joining and staying with the Sabres at 19 without any AHL experience.

Holy fuck these fires.

I have cousins who live in Colorado, though I don't believe they are near the fires. Stay safe...

I hope Schultz doesn't turn into Brunnstrom if he signs with the Canucks.

We are hoping the same doesn't happen with Brunner since he is another undrafted European coming over to the NHL, only difference is that he is older than Leino and Brunnstrom when they came into the league so he has had a few good seasons instead of just one.

Top Bottom