• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
Wideman has a full no movement clause hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

zedge =
ibe7Tld4Crme5w.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good. Between him and Enqvist, that's 2 good-for-nothing plugs off the book today.
Yep, Bergevin recognizes we need much better bottom 6 guy's then these two. Unbelievable Darche was getting top PP unit time just a year ago....

Solo

I don't know why, but each of the past three Habs coach's has had a hardon for one plug in particular:

- Carbo - Laraque on the first line :lol :lol :lol :lol
- Martin - Darche on top PP unit :lol
- Cunney - Blunden :lol

When O'Reilly was playing bad offensively he picked up his defensive game and made it even stronger. Duchene throws in the towel after a series of bad games or even bad luck games. His entire play suffers from it, granted it wasn't as bad as it was in his sophmore year it was still very apparent that he has poor footing on a neutral mental state. Shit's either going great or it's all terrible.

That's just what I see in his play though. I'm not a psychologist.

True, but they still haven't been awful there on defense (at least considering forwards). Most of the goals last year at least that I remember was them letting them walk into the zone and shoot and let it turn into a breakaway which is on the defense and not the forwards. They can all score more than they have though so it's just frustrating to see them all pretty much be lumped together, better defense or not.

Maybe Wideman will get the Kaberle treatment: trot him out for the power play, otherwise it's 3rd-pairing minutes. Still, $5.25M to improve a middle-of-the-road powerplay is insanity.

CREMSteve

Damnit Feaster.

Like the move of picking up Wideman, they've added a 2012 All-Star Dman, so they're a better team today than they were yesterday, but give the facking NMCs a break already!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Damnit Feaster.

Like the move of picking up Wideman, they've added a 2012 All-Star Dman, so they're a better team today than they were yesterday, but give the facking NMCs a break already!

Be prepared for endless turnovers and mental lapses in the defensive zone. He also can't defend a 2 on 1. He had a good 1st half of a season and that was it.

Oh man, Jay Feaster is really giving Scott Howsen the what's what on shitty general managing 101.

Oh, you're asking for everything for Rick Nash? Pssh. Amateur. I'll fucking trade down in the draft to nab a 2nd round project player instead of Grigorenko, AND I'll sign a shitty defensemen to a 5 year $5 million contract with NMC. Suck it bitch. Ummf ummf.

sticking with my guess of $82mil/10years. definitely some frontloaded years of around 10 though. gotsta get paidddd

Oh he shall be paid.

On the Semin front apparently their is now a slight possibility Washington could trade away Semin's rights to a team, hoping for Holland to jump on this if he has the chance. Would love to see Semin with Datsyuk.

Top Bottom