• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Tabris

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
#canucks sent big group (including Gillis, Gilman, Vigneault) to Toronto in an effort to woo FA Justin Shultz. Met with young d-man today.

Schultz is a little bitch and he will get rocked by that Candain High school player the Flames drafted. I mean I've hated the Ducks ever since Emilio Estevez stopped coaching them, but this is just wrong.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It will be absolutely hilarious if Schultz is a huge bust
I hope so, kid deserves to play about 3 games and then get sent down to be a career AHLer. I'd be so pissed if one of our prospects did this.

#canucks sent big group (including Gillis, Gilman, Vigneault) to Toronto in an effort to woo FA Justin Shultz. Met with young d-man today.

We sent Scott Neidermayer.

We win.

Schultz is a little bitch and he will get rocked by that Candain High school player the Flames drafted. I mean I've hated the Ducks ever since Emilio Estevez stopped coaching them, but this is just wrong.

Good words brah.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm really glad Tabris just said Schultz is destiny, that means like everything else he says is destiny, Schultz will spectacularly fail like he deserves to.

CREMSteve

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=636293&navid=DL|NHL|home

It's a deal Feaster had been working to complete at the NHL Draft in Pittsburgh after the Flames identified Wideman, a 29-year-old defenseman, as one of their prime targets in free agency -- Wideman would have become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

"We had Dennis Wideman right up there on top of the list," Feaster said. "We made the decision [to see] if we could get the opportunity to talk to him ahead of time. We contacted Washington; [GM] George McPhee said 'if you get a deal done, it's a fifth-round pick.

"We tried to get a deal done right through Round 5 of the draft on Saturday. Afterwards, I went back to George and said 'I think we're close. If we get a deal done next week, we'll still flip the fifth. Are you still willing to do it?' He said he was, we continued the negotiating process and we were able to get a contract signed this morning."

"We were very up-front right away with a good offer," he said. "The other thing we did, as we've done in the past, we spoke with [captain] Jarome [Iginla] and asked if he would give [Wideman] a call. He did, and Jarome sold him on why this is a great place with a great ownership and a great fan base -- the building is full every night and hockey matters."

Feaster also brought back forward Blake Comeau, who signed a one-year deal worth $1.25 million -- about half of what he made in 2011-12. Calgary grabbed Comeau on waivers from the New York Islanders, who let him go after he went scoreless in 16 games on Long Island. Comeau scored five goals and added 10 assists in 58 games with the Flames.

Calgary didn't make Comeau a qualifying offer, allowing him to become a free agent, but Feaster said that didn't mean the Flames weren't interested in having him back.

"It's good to have him back," he said. "We even talked about a two-year deal, but what I liked was that he said, 'let's do a one-year deal, because I'm better than what I showed you guys and I'm going to have a big season."

Good attitude from Comeau, hopefully that means a decent season on his behalf.

I'm gonna miss Semin ):

3XgZu.jpg

Heretic

Bob McKenzie just tweeted that he hasn't met with anyone yet. That he will start meeting with them tomorrow.

Socreges

Banned
Ban message from Blackace:

"go post your nudes in the NHL thread"

Better do as the guy says. I'll be taking requests.

[edit] no octomom

When you're a huge piece of shit like he is you need several huge pieces of shit to negotiate for you. The number of huge pieces of shit necessary to negotiate for you grows exponentially with your own shittiness.

Newport sports: Talent agency and fecal orgy.

Ban message from Blackace:

"go post your nudes in the NHL thread"

Better do as the guy says. I'll be taking requests.

Awesome. There's so much that can be said about a fear of Naked Kesler, but we'll leave it at that.

WELCOME BACK BUDDY!

Quick

Banned
Soc is back, we need a full length book on this ban pronto!

I'll provide gifs.

Wait, it's a book?

Fuck it, I'll provide gifs.

And honestly, it's funny seeing NBA-GAF collectively go nuts over covered nudes, and a couple of them (or just the one?) are calling NHL fans as racists. What does that say about them when they get crepped the fuck out because of a naked dude?

Edit: it's not even like, funny creeped out, it was legit going nuts. "Some of us may be at work or have children nearby!" :lol

Repost, but this is for you, Soc:
iHkL6B0XyGSix.gif

That's the first pig pic on the internet I've seen in ages that isn't pigpoopballs.jpg (google it).

And if you didn't know the story: Yakupov was tweeting replies to everybody who tweeted him, boring_as_heck from SomethingAwful started a campaign to get Yakupov to see pigpoopballs. So everybody started tweeting him (Chemmy from Pension Plan Puppets, Two line pass etc) with fake links hoping to get a reaction from Yakupov.

Unsure if he got trolled or not...

Either way... lolinternet.

That's the first pig pic on the internet I've seen in ages that isn't pigpoopballs.jpg (google it).

And if you didn't know the story: Yakupov was tweeting replies to everybody who tweeted him, boring_as_heck from SomethingAwful started a campaign to get Yakupov to see pigpoopballs. So everybody started tweeting him (Chemmy from Pension Plan Puppets, Two line pass etc) with fake links hoping to get a reaction from Yakupov.

Unsure if he got trolled or not...

Either way... lolinternet.

Poor Yakupov, so pure and naive ):

FOOTE

Just realized July 1st is a Sunday. I'll finally get to watch the Blues absolutely nothing on the first day for the first time in a long while.

Top Bottom