• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Joyce Clark, a council member from Glendale working on this yotes deal just wrote this on twitter :

"I have blocked all Canadians. No one should have to take their abuse. Block...Block...Block"

:lol :lol :lol stupid bitch must not realize how many Canadians are on the Coyote team...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Joyce Clark, a council member from Glendale working on this yotes deal just wrote this on twitter :

"I have blocked all Canadians. No one should have to take their abuse. Block...Block...Block"

:lol :lol :lol stupid bitch must not realize how many Canadians are on the Coyote team...

:lol I'm so glad there's Phoenix keeping us all entertained over the summer.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Saw this with regards to the Schen/Staal trades:

Hipster-Sedins.jpg

:lol

What a dumb bitch.

The Sedins and the face pubes, what they need to wear are matching head-bands.

I was told that Glendale and the NHL have agreed to a 30 day extension to 'sort out remaining obstacles'. I wonder how much of that is Jamison not being able to drum up enough cash and how much is Glendale hoping the signature collections fail.

Marvie_3

Banned
I was told that Glendale and the NHL have agreed to a 30 day extension to 'sort out remaining obstacles'. I wonder how much of that is Jamison not being able to drum up enough cash and how much is Glendale hoping the signature collections fail.
It was an extension of the arena management deal. The NHL is going to "manage" the arena for another month so their employees and other shit don't get thrown out on the street.

Socreges

Banned
Can't wait for the NHL and Glendale to finally put all this business behind them so we can just get back to watching the Phoenix Coyotes play ice hockey.

province rag said:
because the Canucks aren't exactly loaded with young players who have been developed in the Gillis era.

Canucks draft position in Gillis era: 10 (Hodgson), 22, 25 (dumped for Ballard), 29, 26

We clearly have a lot of draft misses but we're not exactly getting the Oilers draft order either. I'm guessing at worst Schultz is looking at our season record and how guys like Ohlund/Erhoff have fared leaving town for big money.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My take on schultz situation :

He's signing with the leafs, putting on this show to make it seem like there's no tampering involved by gardiner

His agency is feeding info to media saying Canucks and oilers are his preferred destinations

on his birthday Burke calls him up, says happy birthday! Offers him the 100,000 more now to his newfound age, magical compelling argument ruffles his non existent feathers and voila! Burke gives him a leafs jersey as a birthday present! Appears like leafs convinced him as opposed to gardiner wooing him.

Remember: jake gardiner convinced schultz to stay one extra year in college. That is something that shows a good friendship and shows how much respect schultz has for gardiner

IMO this is all a show

beanman25

Blues fan here, wanted to know what you guys think about Vladimir Tarasenko deciding to sign here and play with us next season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PghfAm-DCZ4

From an interview at that draft, Jarmo (at the time he worked in our organization, but now he is with Jokerit) said; "If his name was Walt Smith, he would have been long gone"

Cactus

Banned
My take on schultz situation :

He's signing with the leafs, putting on this show to make it seem like there's no tampering involved by gardiner

His agency is feeding info to media saying Canucks and oilers are his preferred destinations

on his birthday Burke calls him up, says happy birthday! Offers him the 100,000 more now to his newfound age, magical compelling argument ruffles his non existent feathers and voila! Burke gives him a leafs jersey as a birthday present! Appears like leafs convinced him as opposed to gardiner wooing him.

Remember: jake gardiner convinced schultz to stay one extra year in college. That is something that shows a good friendship and shows how much respect schultz has for gardiner

IMO this is all a show

Assuming Burke and the rest of the management team did not specifically instruct Gardiner to contact Schultz, I don't think it's tampering if Gardiner convinces him to sign with the Leafs. Either way, it would be nice if we get him.

I was hoping that teams wouldn't entertain Schultz. Like offering sheet a bit of respect between GMs. If the kid didn't like the team he was drafted by (really its the NHL be harpy to be drafted) he should sort it our with management.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I was hoping that teams wouldn't entertain Schultz. Like offering sheet a bit of respect between GMs. If the kid didn't like the team he was drafted by (really its the NHL be harpy to be drafted) he should sort it our with management.

A free agent is a free agent

No contract in place meaning teams are free to do it

You cannot just sit there and play ethical judge, he did something technically allowed by the CBA

He exercised his right- it sucks, sure. Anaheim will make sure this loophole is closed. But you can't blame someone for taking advantage of it.

ShaneB

All the Flames fan need to unite under a common avatar. Perhaps an Ostrich with its head in the sand, wearing a flames jersey? :p

Cake Boss

Banned
I bet you Tim Thomas is salty today. Healthcare abd Tukka getting resigned.

Only in Americia people get pissy about having healthcare.

"@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Am told both Ontario teams, Ottawa and Toronto, are among teams on Justin Schultz's negotiating list..."

YAY I guess.

Cactus

Banned
The media are loving this Schultz stuff. Now we're supposedly down to five teams:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
NYR are in on Justin Schultz. @DarrenDreger confirms TOR is in,@Real_ESPNLeBrun confirms OTT is in. That makes it VAN, EDM, NYR, TOR, OTT.

The media are loving this Schultz stuff. Now we're supposedly down to five teams:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
NYR are in on Justin Schultz. @DarrenDreger confirms TOR is in,@Real_ESPNLeBrun confirms OTT is in. That makes it VAN, EDM, NYR, TOR, OTT.

4 of those teams happen to be Canadian, of course! :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
If he goes to the Rangers than I imagine DelZotto is on the package towards Nash which I am kind of hoping for if we dont get Schultz.

A free agent is a free agent

No contract in place meaning teams are free to do it

You cannot just sit there and play ethical judge, he did something technically allowed by the CBA

He exercised his right- it sucks, sure. Anaheim will make sure this loophole is closed. But you can't blame someone for taking advantage of it.
I understand he is within his player rights but it is shitty thing to do. A top tier prospect just says F-U I'm a free agent without playing a single game for the team who drafted him.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@DarrenDreger: Expect the Penguins to announce Sidney Crosby's contract extension on Sunday. Over $100 million dollars with an AAV of close to $9 mil per."

LOLOLOLOL

I understand he is within his player rights but it is shitty thing to do. A top tier prospect just says F-U I'm a free agent without playing a single game for the team who drafted him.

It's a loophole, they should close it.

This kind of shit happens in the CHL all the time, but few NHLers prospects use it.

Either Schultz is a Grade A asshole or something went sour between him and the Ducks.

Most prospects sign with their club.

If he goes to the Rangers than I imagine DelZotto is on the package towards Nash which I am kind of hoping for if we dont get Schultz.

Del Zotto isn't being traded for Nash, because im Not sure they need another offensive minded d-man. Also, even with Schultz that would hurt our depth. Don't see MDZ moved unless its midseason. Not surprised NYR only American team on list. Sather is tight with Meehan and Newport Sports.

And yeah some news dregs. You mean the best player in hockey is going to sign a mega lucrative contract with the team that drafted him? Holy shit!

Solo

That's a TON of liability for the Pens to be taking on (as Crosby can no longer be insured), so either Shero feels 110% about Crosby's health or his asshole is going to pucker every time Crosby takes any kind of hit for the next decade.

ShaneB

That's a TON of liability for the Pens to be taking on (as Crosby can no longer be insured), so either Shero feels 110% about Crosby's health or his asshole is going to pucker every time Crosby takes any kind of hit for the next decade.

Well he'd be insane to let him go, so it's a lose-lose situation, and a big gamble in either case.

Cake Boss

Banned
And yeah some news dregs. You mean the best player in hockey is going to sign a mega lucrative contract with the team that drafted him? Holy shit!

Yeah totally unexpected and came out of no where.

"@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Expect Crosby deal to be front-loaded, will be 12 or 13 years in length. Details still being finalized over next few days."

HOLY SGIT

Solo

And of course, the deal will be some cap-circumventing bullshit.

He'll make $80M of that ~$105M in the first 4-5 years.

What happened to all the talk about Sid singing for way below market so that the Pens could sign other players?

Top Bottom