• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Socreges

Banned
Thanks, Quick. Sunhi's gifs were awesome, too. For some reason a bunch of people on NBA-GAF were convinced that he was "owning" us while they seemed totally neutral to me (and hilarious).

Putting together my own one right now.

Dastardly/Heretic.... I foresee dark days ahead. Schultz will drive us apart. :(

[edit] Real talk: Unless Schultz did lie to Anaheim management, I don't see how he's doing anything wrong. Blame the loophole, not him. If he has the opportunity to fairly test free agency, alright. Would piss me off if I were a Ducks fan, of course, but I don't totally agree with all the hate he's getting from everyone else (unless, again, he did lie to Murray et al)

Also I still think he's just as likely to go to Toronto or Edmonton.

Quick

Banned
Thanks, Quick. Sunhi's gifs were awesome, too. For some reason a bunch of people on NBA-GAF were convinced that he was "owning" us while they seemed totally neutral to me (and hilarious).

Putting together my own one right now.

Dastardly/Heretic.... I foresee dark days ahead. Schultz will drive us apart. :(

"lol nhl haz lower ratings!" wasn't working anymore. Sunhi was a good sport.

I feel bad for Ducks-age, but <3 Gardiner.

Can we make this the new hot girls thread during the offseason?

Yes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Update: Toronto still sucks

Middle-Finger.gif

But you didn't misspell anything....

Some of us can handle our beer...

[edit] Real talk: Unless Schultz did lie to Anaheim management, I don't see how he's doing anything wrong. Blame the loophole, not him. If he has the opportunity to fairly test free agency, alright. Would piss me off if I were a Ducks fan, of course, but I don't totally agree with all the hate he's getting from everyone else (unless, again, he did lie to Murray et al)

And here's the kicker - he did.

Murray took him to a Ducks@Blackhawks game and he said he was looking forward to being a Duck. All up until he got offered a contract, he was giving management the idea that he was keen as heck. THAT'S why most of our hate is stemming, because of being misled. We'd only be mildly sour if it wasn't the case.

Socreges

Banned
And here's the kicker - he did.

Murray took him to a Ducks@Blackhawks game and he said he was looking forward to being a Duck. All up until he got offered a contract, he was giving management the idea that he was keen as heck. THAT'S why most of our hate is stemming, because of being misled. We'd only be mildly sour if it wasn't the case.
Was there definite duplicity or had he just not yet decided to exploit that loophole?

Was there definite duplicity or had he just not yet decided to exploit that loophole?

I dunno, we'd have to ask his psychiatrist.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE... or me

Nathan Walker news: Apparently Nathan has been invited to the Washington Capitals development camp, where he'll be joined by other potentials including draft picks from last weekend.
The camp runs from the 9th to 14th of July.
We'll get some more solid news to you ASAP

Looks like there might be a chance for him!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
is soc still taking requests for nudes? because malkin's fishing pic yesterday was pretty awesome

Cake Boss

Banned
He probably didnt know about the loophole until after he made that statement to resign with the Ducks. Then probably his family and agents got involved incouraging him to sign in his home town or country.

Socreges

Banned
He probably didnt know about the loophole until after he made that statement to resign with the Ducks. Then probably his family and agents got involved incouraging him to sign in his home town or country.
That's how I see it. Until he signs with the Leafs. In which case he's the source of all that's evil in the world.

The equivalent of cheating before marriage, but HOCKEY.

This Schultz sympathy party is sickening.

Panthers camp starts the 1st and there are 3 (!) goalies there for tryout. I wish I was still in Florida, I would go and see Huberdeau, Bjustard, and Howden. Howden in particular had a fantastic year and has a chance at making the big squad.

Cake Boss

Banned
dev camps are awesome, one of my favorite times of the year. preds camp is going on right now

Yeah its amazing how well built some of these 19 year old kids are.

Hey Kernal lol

Cfgk7.png

I wouldnt be surprised if he got a 9 game try out before heading back to junior. And like you said he has the total package to be the best player out of the other 2 first rounders. Reminds me a bit like a Brendan Morrow Dustin Brown type of player.

Socreges

Banned
So after all that rumour-mongering back in April about Luongo providing a top-5 trade list (Leafs, Hawks, etc)..... it turns out that never happened (called that shit). Even the supposedly reliable reporters like Dreger and Kypreos seem to be peddling more and more bs these days.

Howden in particular had a fantastic year and has a chance at making the big squad.
The Canucks, you mean?

If you were the Cats GM, what would you think is a reasonable price for Luongo? I wouldn't be surprised if Tallon is trying to get the Canucks to take Upshall in return. Will be interesting to see what he finally gets dealt for.

So after all that rumour-mongering back in April about Luongo providing a top-5 trade list (Leafs, Hawks, etc)..... it turns out that never happened (called that shit). Even the supposedly reliable reporters like Dreger and Kypreos seem to be peddling more and more bs these days.

The Canucks, you mean?

If you were the Cats GM, what would you think is a reasonable price for Luongo? I wouldn't be surprised if Tallon is trying to get the Canucks to take Upshall in return. Will be interesting to see what he finally gets dealt for.

It would be Upshall, Santorelli and Garrison rights. I liked Upshall in the 'yoffs but he is too injury prone (max is 61 games played in a season) Santo is invisible and purely a cap dump, no one will notice he is gone. Garrison rights so you guys can pay him his 5 milli :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It would be Upshall, Santorelli and Garrison rights. I liked Upshall in the 'yoffs but he is too injury prone (max is 61 games played in a season) Santo is invisible and purely a cap dump, no one will notice he is gone. Garrison rights so you guys can pay him his 5 milli :p

We already HAVE an overpriced D-man...

Socreges

Banned
Two cap dumps and the rights to a guy that the Canucks might (not) get anyhow...

I'm not Mike Gillis. You don't need to low ball me.

Top Bottom