• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Tabris

The Corey Schneider signing was a fair deal all around. Doesn't screw us with anything. I was hoping more closer to $3.5M though to match players like Tuuka Rask.

Tallon should go through with the Lou deal for the perfect trade ( nothing of value). Lou only wants FLA, Schnieder contract signed, FA around the corner? Lou's value is dropping further and further each day.

Tallon should go through with the Lou deal for the perfect trade ( nothing of value). Lou only wants FLA, Schnieder contract signed, FA around the corner? Lou's value is dropping further and further each day.
Considering Gillis announced the Schneider deal before it was even penned, probably means there's already a working agreement on Luongo with Florida. I doubt he would've announced it this early otherwise.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We're all good friends who have each others backs until your team name appears on Schultz's short list and suddenly it's every man for himself. BUNCHA VULTURES IN HERE MAN.

Not long now til Jordan Staal signs with Carolina. Mckenzie brings up a good point that if he didn't sign for 10 years 6m in Pittsburgh then he'll probably take the same, and not less, in Carolina. Would Canes fans be comfortable with that?

Short: Yes.

Long: I have a feeling he'll perform well playing with his brother and he's more than capable of being a top 1 or 2 line center for us, and he'd be worth every penny.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Considering Gillis announced the Schneider deal before it was even penned, probably means there's already a working agreement on Luongo with Florida. I doubt he would've announced it this early otherwise.

or a working agreement with toronto

in which case

I should head to a bar

Tabris

Luongo will get you guys in the playoffs, you don't need to start being disappointed until he lets in 8 goals during a playoff game.

zV0zf1.gif
Strombone ‏@strombone1
@SocialAssassin2 I wasn't actually dancing, I had a sore back and was trying to pick something up off the floor

MacAttack

$33m+ in cap space available. If we don't pick up some FAs...

...you'll end up with Tim Thomas on your roster. 5 mil cap hit and if he doesn't play, ownership doesn't have to pay him. Since Thomas is already living in Colorado, he could even make appearances at games.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Anybody notice the girl at the left doing the "talk to the hand" dance?

I'm using that .gif solely for that purpose only from now on.

hey dstrdly

how good will schultz look in a leaf uniform

also I need some advice on how to create my shrine to schultz

i need it to be portable so i can walk it down to the leafs practice facility so i can show my likely temporary new-found love of schultz... i come to you because my bobby ryan shrine had me arrested for attempting witchcraft...

I NEED YOUR OPINIONS MAN

:lol also yesss, hopefully that Schneider signing means we'll hear about luongo soon, Schneids wouldn't have signed otherwise. I'm curious what we'll get...

Komisarek, Connolly and Lombardi

oh and a 2nd

and a bouquet of flowers with a thank you note

hey dstrdly

how good will schultz look in a leaf uniform

also I need some advice on how to create my shrine to schultz

i need it to be portable so i can walk it down to the leafs practice facility so i can show my likely temporary new-found love of schultz... i come to you because my bobby ryan shrine had me arrested for attempting witchcraft...

I NEED YOUR OPINIONS MAN

hey bro talk to da ham
Ham.gif
wait im not very good with computr

Marvie_3

Banned
Meanwhile, two Glendale residents seek to overturn the city's deal with a referendum on the November ballot. The activists, aided by about two dozen volunteers, have until early July to file the necessary 1,862 signatures. They said they had nearly 700 as of Thursday.

Turns out Patrik Elias did steal the SC winning puck:

http://t.co/ZtuNdCKL

Did he keep the puck? Toss it to a fan? Hand it to veteran goalie Marty Brodeur as a keepsake?
On Wednesday, Elias finally addressed the accusations: Yes, indeed, he picked up the puck. But he didn't toss it in the stands or to his goalie; in fact, he couldn't recall what he did with it.
"I grabbed it when the whistle blew. I had it in front of me and I picked it up with my stick. I went over to Marty (Brodeur) and then I sat on the bench and I think I left it there," Elias told the Star Ledger.
Elias vowed to double-check his equipment bag to see if the puck had ended up there. And wouldn't you know it, that's exactly where it was!

Convenient memory lapse.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
According to Goalie's guild, Montreal has the worst organizational depth at goal. Luongo to Montreal? HOMETOWN BOY RETURNS.
Price signed for 15 years confirmed.

Timmins said they were looking for a goalie in the draft but couldn't find one.

Thanks Acidwashedjeans, give it til the start of regular season and we get back to spitting rivalry venom, THEN things will seem normal again ;)

Also: Offseason = more banter posting anyway.

Heretic

Hey Heretic,

Timo Pielmier didn't get a qualifying offer from Calgary.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Haha should we waste a tear on him or should we save them for the inevitable "Teemu Retires" headlines this weekend?

Edit: I have a feeling this weekend is going to be worse than the draft weekend...

Red_Man

Socreges
Not smarter then the average poster.

Looks like he called Italy "major twats"?

Anyways I was watching a video on the Subban family done by The Score, and it's pretty funny Malcom only started playing goalie 5 years ago. He was a defense men up until then and decided to switch for whatever reason.

Socreges
Not smarter then the average poster.

Looks like he called Italy "major twats"?

Anyways I was watching a video on the Subban family done by The Score, and it's pretty funny Malcom only started playing goalie 5 years ago. He was a defense men up until then and decided to switch for whatever reason.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Materazzi

After the final, the confrontation resulted in a major controversy as Zidane accused Materazzi of insulting his sister and mother. Additionally, Materazzi claimed that after he had grabbed Zidane's jersey, Zidane sarcastically said to him "If you want my shirt, I will give to you afterwards". Materazzi then revealed that he replied, "preferisco quella puttana di tua sorella" (I prefer the whore that is your sister), which resulted in the headbutt.[6][7] Three British tabloid newspapers, The Daily Star, The Daily Mail and The Sun, alleged that Materazzi had called Zidane "the son of a terrorist whore." Materazzi took legal action against all three newspapers and the allegations were later withdrawn,he accepted that it was his fault and apologized to Zidane.

Red_Man

LOL I've seen the headbutt 6,000 times but never knew the reason for it, that's pretty funny. Soccer is still shit though.

Top Bottom