• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Hey, it's the Defending Stanley Cup Champions Queens now. :p

You two _ucks fans are some of the most hate-filled posters I've ever come across, lol. Is there a genesis story worth telling? I'd have to imagine it's pretty damn good.

Well, first they were just rivals. But over the years I've grown to hate Staples Centre for it's massive jeering of goalies, the crowd/reports of Ducks fans being assaulted/children sworn at, the shitty BAD BOYS BAIL BONDS pushing that was going on for a few years and every Queens fan I came across in Vancouver being an insufferable loudmouth. But what the franchise itself has done for hockey in California is fantastic, as a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the Gretzky trade then the Anaheim Ducks wouldn't even exist in the first place. Even though I don't live in California, the spreading of hockey is very important to me considering where I live and something which I care very deeply about, and the Queens have done a great job of starting a spread of hockey in California (which is why it's sad that they're barely keeping themselves recognisable in their own city).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Civ throwdown? Is that an all week venture?

Never played mp civ since I figured it would take a year to complete a game

Spectre and me are on our second game and play like every third night or so for a few hours :p might take like 2 week to complete? We're nearly done this one, if you wanna join the next :p

So? He still did it, I don't see how he came the conclusion matters much. His demands of top 4 time and everything on top of being a douche makes it hard to care if someone tried to talk him into it.

Has he really been quoted that he demands top 4 ice time ? I have not seen one direct quote from him anywhere.
Since money isn't an issue and he could have gotten lots of icetime in Anaheim if he wanted I guess he is doing what he thinks is best for his career (whatever him and his agent think that is).
He's a dick for pulling that stunt on Anaheim and this loophole should really be closed. NHLers normally wait til they're 27 before they can control their own destinty.

I wonder if Bruins/Jets fans think Blake Wheeler is a douche as he did the same thing years ago ?

After all of this I kinda what Shultz to be a bust, I know that sounds mean and what not but this is getting ridiculous.
Fucking Gretzky and Coffey

I know it's smart and everything

One minute the dude is in college the next he's being wooed by two of the leagues greatest legends

For someone who may not even succeed at the NHL level. Just because it got hyped starting with jake gardiner... "And he's supposed to be better than gardiner!"

It's just so fucking extreme and overkill

George Parros will take care of him.

Just read up on this Schultz kid, and... what a prick. My heart goes out to Ducks fans. That's such a dick move what he did. The current obsession with an unproven NHL prospect is so stupid. Sure, he has potential, but that's it right now. If he had some proven record to fall back on and justify some of the no-doubt large offers of money that is being talked around, then I could at least see it a little, but as of now:

Nothing.

I hope he is a bust, for Anaheim fans. At this point, that's the best thing they can get out of this mess.

well then, add me to the douche-wagon!

Time to get all Oprah on you boys and throw out some respect points "You get respect points! You get respect points! You get respect points!".

What does it say about the current state of Edmonton that they have to recruit players from 30 years ago to bring in yet to be play-an-NHL-game prospect?

It says:

ADELE IS PREGNANT

and

Edmonton has become a shit show.

Alucard

Banned
Apparently, Suter has no plans to talk to any teams on Sunday. He'll be out on a farm in Wisconsin. Weird.

Go Pens. Make something exciting happen.

Heretic

@b_ryan9 said:
What time is "the decision" Justin Schultz edition on tomorrow? Want to make sure I tune in.

It's going to get bloody when we play against Schultz!
@smithpelly23 said:
"@b_ryan9: What time is "the decision" Justin Schultz edition on tomorrow? Want to make sure I tune in.” the suspense is killing me"
Yup!

@b_ryan9 said:
@smithpelly23 did we make top 5?

Bobby said "we"! He's staying! CONFIRMED!!!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I hope jake gardiners argument was convincing :-0

fd203fdb.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Greg Simpson, some kind of NHLPA and player rep is claiming that Luongo is Florida bound according to his sources. Wonder what Toronto does if true, I have a really hard time believing they go into the season with a Riemer / Scrivens tandem.

ZeroGravity

Greg Simpson, some kind of NHLPA and player rep is claiming that Luongo is Florida bound according to his sources. Wonder what Toronto does if true, I have a really hard time believing they go into the season with a Riemer / Scrivens tandem.
Dwyane Roloson will definitely be available.

What's wrong going with 1a and 1c?

Solo

My buddy got kicked out for looking "too drunk", whatever the fuck that means

I've been kicked out of multiple bars for being too drunk over the years. What does it mean? When you're at that point where you're slurring your words, barely able to stand up and frequently intensely staring at absolutely nothing at all - you are "too drunk".

In keeping with that notion, I'll be getting drunk out on a boat for most of the day tomorrow and as such will miss the hilarity that will be this thread. I am expecting some great lulz when I read over tomorrow's happenings on Monday.

Top Bottom