• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's all about the liqour guys come on....

Anyways this girl I used to date was at a club in Toronto last night and said Mats Sundin grabbed her ass and was hitting on her. Good for a guy married and just inducted into the HHOF :lol

E-DuB

molson67blog.jpg
Get that trash out of this thread!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs GAF, is the only way to get a Big Burkie hot dog is by going to an event at the ACC?

They need to make that into a chain... Shit is so gooooood

And yes, only at the ACC as far as I know

I remember when they only had one stall, the line was just so ridiculous

Pizza pizza dog mmmm

Red_Man

LOL I feel bad for the kid only because he's going to get run hard next season. Put on extra padding asshole.

Alucard

Banned
Really hoping for some movement in the Pens' camp tomorrow. Right now, Parise seems more realistic than Suter. Even if the Pens don't get Suter, they'll have trade options and can go after somebody like Matt Caryle. Also, if at least 2 of our current defense prospects turn into studs, this Pens team will be super in 3-4 years. Heck, they should be challenging for the Eastern crown next season provided that Bylsma makes some changes on defense and on the PK. My excitement for next season is riiiiisiiiing. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Cactus

Banned
I don't know what's worse...Schultz (and his agent) acting as if he's the next Bobby Orr and requiring in-person representation from possible suitors, or the GMs who are buying into the hype and getting fucking Gretzky and Niedermayer to speak to him, as if he's destined for greatness.

I mean, it would be nice if he signs with the Leafs, just because he'd essentially be a free "blue-chip" prospect, but this whole thing is really embarrassing and superfluous.

Red_Man

That's really really low. Who the fuck is this kid to deny a call from him? In other news Leafs bought out Armstrong.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Really hoping for some movement in the Pens' camp tomorrow. Right now, Parise seems more realistic than Suter. Even if the Pens don't get Suter, they'll have trade options and can go after somebody like Matt Caryle. Also, if at least 2 of our current defense prospects turn into studs, this Pens team will be super in 3-4 years. Heck, they should be challenging for the Eastern crown next season provided that Bylsma makes some changes on defense and on the PK. My excitement for next season is riiiiisiiiing. Can't wait for tomorrow!

You should have been trading Martin away instead of Michalek.

I really do hope that people take a run at him. I cant believe a great NHL player wanted to talk to him and he wouldnt take the call.

From his perspective, why would he want to? He's obviously heard the Ducks' pitch before, and he's not obligated to listen to any sales pitch, even if comes from a former NHL player.

edit: How do buyouts work? Don't they still count against the cap? I'm not surprised about the move though, for a 'tough guy' Armstrong spent a lot of time out due to injuries.

Alucard

Banned
You should have been trading Martin away instead of Michalek.

Apparently, the Michalek trade was also a personality thing. Rumours that he wasn't really happy in Pittsburgh. Seems like Martin likes it fine, though by the sounds of it, Shero has been trying to shop Martin already.

DopeyFish

What the hell?? Unless it's a precursor to some sort of trade, buying out Armstrong makes no sense.

Seriously. He played well in places and worse in others.

Leafs have regretted buying out tucker

so there must be something the leafs are up to- they had a pretty sizable cap space available

Cactus

Banned
Seriously. He played well in places and worse in others.

Leafs have regretted buying out tucker

so there must be something the leafs are up to- they had a pretty sizable cap space available

Yeah, but an extra $2m in savings leaves us with like $15m (not including re-signings).

There will be an extra $1m on the payroll in 2013/2014, but if Burke uses the extra cap space wisely, that shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Buyout isn't official until he clears waivers, but it seems unlikely anyone will claim him if he's about to become a free agent.

Merguson

Banned
He seemed like a good guy. Too bad it didn't work out because he was suffering a lot of injuries. Hopefully it works out for him.

DopeyFish

Apparently the leafs are unsure how well he can play anymore due to injuries

Have they not seen Lombardi? Komisarek? Connolly? All 3 have brain damage

Lombardi, Komisarek, and Connolly probably make too much for a buyout to make any sense.

Lombardi's would, as he only makes a bit more than Armstrong did. Lombardi and that group are still good for 60+ games though, while Armstrong played 50 in his first season and only 29 in his second.

Cactus

Banned
With the centres (as of now) being Grabovski-Bozak-Connolly, I don't see any room for Lombardi, especially with guys like Colborne and Kadri looking NHL ready. Assuming he isn't traded, my guess is that he'll be playing for the Marlies in October.

Well, first they were just rivals. But over the years I've grown to hate Staples Centre for it's massive jeering of goalies, the crowd/reports of Ducks fans being assaulted/children sworn at, the shitty BAD BOYS BAIL BONDS pushing that was going on for a few years and every Queens fan I came across in Vancouver being an insufferable loudmouth. But what the franchise itself has done for hockey in California is fantastic, as a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the Gretzky trade then the Anaheim Ducks wouldn't even exist in the first place. Even though I don't live in California, the spreading of hockey is very important to me considering where I live and something which I care very deeply about, and the Queens have done a great job of starting a spread of hockey in California (which is why it's sad that they're barely keeping themselves recognisable in their own city).
Everything else I'll give you, but I've never heard of that happening.

As for visiting fans being crappy, eh that happens everywhere. In fact, that's one of the biggest reasons why I hate Canucks fans, they are always complete douchebags when they come to Staples. Bruins fans were pretty trashy too, but I can't hate them since they beat the Canucks last year. :D

What's strange is I don't hate the Ducks team at all, but I find your fanbase to be pretty annoying. I was just wondering if you guys had a specific incident because your hate for the Kings seems to comes out on a daily basis and I found that amusing. I hate a few teams, but I don't usually just drop it out of nowhere. You two and a few posters on HF have probably made me into a bigger Ducks hater, which is funning considering that you hate the Kings fans for similar reasons. It's a vicious circle! But what is sports without rivalries? We need each other.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
it really does happen everywhere. every team has shitty, drunk fans. some places are just worse than others
st louis

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Armdog gone?

There goes one of the entertaining parts of the HBO show...guess we can focus more on Kessel then.

Alucard

Banned
Matt Niskanen resigned with the Pens for 4.6 million over 2 years. Decent signing IMO. Thankfully, they didn't pay him Jeff Finger money.

Tabris

Question. So salary cap is $70M this year but that's obviously going down with the new CBA, what happens to teams that do spend up to the $70M cap?

Top Bottom