• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
This guy is just as douchy as Eden Hazard and Lebron were when they were delaying the announcement of what teams they had signed for.

Tabris

Ugh, no, D coming from Florida can't play in the west (Ballard, Bouwmeester and soon Garrison if he goes to a team in the west)

Tabris

This guy is just as douchy as Eden Hazard and Lebron were when they were delaying the announcement of what teams they had signed for.

To be fair, he isn't doing this, the media is. He's just calling teams to let them know thanks for the offer but I decided to go with another team. It's actually the respectful way of doing things, instead of teams finding out they lost out by him announcing some team.

Now Lebron is just a straight up douche.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't there a fake twitter Eden Hazard twitter account that was behind all the nonsense?

Didn't he post YouTube videos promising when he would announce? Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn he kept people speculating due to something he did.

To be fair, he isn't doing this, the media is. He's just calling teams to let them know thanks for the offer but I decided to go with another team. It's actually the respectful way of doing things, instead of teams finding out they lost out by him announcing some team.

He is respectful lol? He lied to Anaheim.

It wasn't so much the decision as the pep rally that was truly awful.

NOT 3

NOT 4

NOT 5

saza: Youtube! lol wow. I must have missed that! I could only recall the faux tweets.

Matt Lashoff and a Justin Schultz voicemail for Roberto?

Quick

Banned
I'm in Charlotte on a stopover, and I just saw an EA Sports store. The fuck? :lol

Mostly clothing, with some games, and some novelty items (dat Hurricanes leather chair).

Kings championship shirts are on a rack by the door, Hurricanes stuff was nonexistent, except the chair. Same with the Bobcats stuff (just a chair, as well).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
At least Lebron is a world class talent.....Schultz hasn't even played a single game in this league yet. Lebron is still a douche, but the guy has a lot more reason to act like this then some college kid.

LJ11

At least Lebron is a world class talent.....Schultz hasn't even played a single game in this league yet. Lebron is still a douche, but the guy has a lot more reason to act like this then some college kid.

So is the coverage non stop in Canada?

What exactly has Schultz himself done that is so objectionable? Decide to exercise his FA rights?

THE NERVE

LJ11 - Every hockey pundit is going on and on about it. It's like a ferocious session of dry humping for them.

Tabris

Red_Man

Give the Ducks the impression he was going to sign with them and then completely turn his back on them and abuse a loop hole? I'd be pissed if a Habs prospect did the same.

Cactus

Banned

Exactly. Even though I'm not a fan of the whole "we'll take interviews from team reps before signing" thing since it inevitably turns into a media circus, Richards and Parise can get away with shit like that because they're elite players. Schultz is a 21 year old who has never played a professional hockey game in his life.

As nice as it would be for any team to get a great prospect for free, promising him a roster spot and a $3.7m cap hit is a bit much.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think schultz just wants the spot light

All the teams announced out have stars on D...

Leafs, Canucks and Rangers being the first 3 out have some of the more loaded D corps in the league

Senators will possibly be out soon... Might not want to play in karlssons shadow

Edmonton doesn't really have good defenders... Would probably be a good place to start ones career considering how top heavy they are

i

DopeyFish

And justin schultz is now trending worldwide

Good job kid- you are currently one of the most talked about things in the world at this moment... And you haven't played a single game pro yet lol

Cactus

Banned
He'll probably pick Ottawa since the Oilers have another Schultz on the roster. Sounds like the kid wants to steal the spot light and that's a bit difficult when most of the viewers have no idea which Schultz is on the ice making plays.

DopeyFish

Parise will pull a similar charade tomorrow. It's all an advertisement for the agency. It's kind of lame.

Seriously

Newport is lucky they are out in Mississauga

The antics and crowds that would show up if they were downtown would be retarded

When Richards was talking to GMs there was a bunch of leafs fans outside kinda chanting his name

Ever since like 4 years ago it seems every damn team has to make some sort of presentation and some sort of push for FAs

Before it was basically all handled by phone

They should just merge the draft and free agency- that would be some event! Have like 30 sealed off rooms... FAs go in and discuss... Draft occurring at the same time

Fuck it would be all on the edge of your seat stuff

Cactus

Banned
Ottawa and Edmonton are small market teams there is no spotlight. If he wanted that he would sign with TO or NYR.

But those two teams have a whole bunch of young defencemen/prospects.

If he signs with Edmonton or Ottawa he would instantly be #1 or #2 on the depth chart if he acclimates well to the NHL.

tambellini.gif

Red_Man

Win the lottery, and then get Shultz, and will still miss the playoffs. Eat shit Edmonton.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Oilers are gonna be the most stacked 30th place team ever.

Cactus

Banned
...and it's official.

Edmonton Oilers ‏@NHL_Oilers
The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with Justin Schultz. More details to come.

Top Bottom