• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

calder

I'd almost have preferred he go to the Canucks*, seriously fuck the oilers. Outrageous,they better finish 29th.

*yeah that's an impossible choice

Quick

Banned
Drafts three 1st overalls and signs one of the top free agents in the league.

Still ends up in 30th place.

SUCCESSFUL SEASON.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Drafts three 1st overalls and signs one of the top free agents in the league.

Still ends up in 30th place.

SUCCESSFUL SEASON.
tambollliniface.gif

Looks like this is his last season to do anything, with them bring back in Craig MacTavish.

Razorskin

----- ------
hrTlq.gif

Montresor

Armstrong was someone who I liked, and I always wanted him to succeed with the Leafs, but he was horrible. 1 million this year and next year. The 1 million next year fucking kills me. This screams of Burke doing Armstrong a favour. Instead of burying him in the AHL for a year, Armstrong gets to sign with another team. A nice gesture, but... ugh.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Fuck him, still got this guy.

1297244389637_ORIGINAL.jpg

<3

We didn't really need him with Karlsson, Cowen and Ceci in the system. Boro could be slotted in the bottom six next season too which leaves us with one open spot for 2nd or top pairing.

We can sign or trade for a defenseman or two with proven NHL experience this year or next with $26M in cap space (only some RFAs to sign). Gonchar and Alfie will be off the books too which is an extra 10M+ next year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well the non-signing of Schultz (damn, I hope Edmonton finishes last again, for the lulz), and our let-go of a lot of D-men, it looks like we'll have to make a pinch for Garrison... then we'll have TWO Florida-D-men that Vigneault can hate.

Well the non-signing of Schultz (damn, I hope Edmonton finishes last again, for the lulz), and our let-go of a lot of D-men, it looks like we'll have to make a pinch for Garrison... then we'll have TWO Florida-D-men that Vigneault can hate.
Hopefully we get this guy back.

2dj8hz9.jpg

dem

Gotta love the haters

"Fuck the Oilers for tanking"

Oilers sign someone

"fuck them they will finish last anyway"

Deal with it, bitches.

Smiley90

Gotta love the haters

Oilers sign someone

Deal with it, bitches.

I don't have as much hate for the Oilers as I should have as a Canucks fan, I'm just rather jealous of all those picks/Schultz right now. If they don't AT LEAST make the playoffs this year/next year, I'll feel bad for all the wasted talents on the team.

Gotta love the haters

Oilers sign someone

Deal with it, bitches.

I don't have hate, it's just that you stockpiled some nice talent. If you guys fail again you better be pissed and gut the fuck out of management because you shouldn't be performing this poorly anymore.

Ok prediction time top 3 UFA's:

Parise-7 year 8 million deal with the Wild

Suter- 5 year 7.5 million deal with Detriot

Semin- 4 year 7 million deal with Florida

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Suter said he wants to retire on his next contract and Nashville would match 7.5... It has to be more unless its a 12+ year contract to lower the avg. With the Wild, Pens and Wings all gunning for him, it will get insane.

Alucard

Banned
Can we just look at some of Edmonton's current forwards?

Shawn Horcoff
Ales Hemsky
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Taylor Hall

Eric Belanger
Ryan Jones
Jordan Eberle
Linus Omark
Sam Gagner
Ryan Smyth
Nail Yakupov

Fuck off.

Smiley90

Can we just look at some of Edmonton's current forwards?

Shawn Horcoff
Ales Hemsky
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Taylor Hall

Eric Belanger
Ryan Jones
Jordan Eberle
Linus Omark
Sam Gagner
Ryan Smyth
Nail Yakupov

Fuck off.

Gagner and Omark are still pretty young too...

Top Bottom