• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Acid08

Banned
Just saw the Gaustad signing, holy shit that's some overpayment. Signing any FA this offseason is going to be expensive, especially if teams keep handing out that kind of money.

Just saw the Gaustad signing, holy shit that's some overpayment. Signing any FA this offseason is going to be expensive, especially if teams keep handing out that kind of money.

Every team should be restricted to 23 dollars to sign 12 forwards 6 defensemen, 2 goalies, and 3 backup positions. That way everything is fair and no one overpays as everyone gets 1 dollar!

I swear the Flyers have no idea what defense is and are just going to see how many goals they can score that surpasses the 5 the other team will get on them.

That's the risk. Possible one-trick pony and what happens when teams adapt to him?
Even minus the offensive breakout, he's a good d-man who can eat up tough minutes, and the Canucks haven't had a big minute eater defenseman to replace Ehrhoff. He might end up being overpaid if his offensive skills don't translate, but his shutdown ability should be fine.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow I hope Detroit doesn't go nuts trying to get Parise. Let the Penguins put themselves into cap hell with no improvement on defense. I'd much rather give Suter an enormous contract.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Burke is marching in the Pride parade tomorrow, I assume Steve Simmons will be writing another article blasting him for not being in the office making all the trades and signings.

I swear the Flyers have no idea what defense is and are just going to see how many goals they can score that surpasses the 5 the other team will get on them.

Homer isn't gonna deal B. Schenn after the JVR deal. If he gives away Couts and blows up the cap situation he can go to hell. A bunch of my buddies chipped in to get me Couturier jersey as a graduation gift. I should have known that was the end of him.... It's not enough that I woke up hungover in my Richards jersey the morning after the SCF is it Homer?!?!?!

Wow I hope Detroit doesn't go nuts trying to get Parise. Let the Penguins put themselves into cap hell with no improvement on defense. I'd much rather give Suter an enormous contract.

I think they are going to go hard on Suter and somewhat on Parise but he will be their second priority, followed then by Semin.

Curufinwe

Homer isn't gonna deal B. Schenn after the JVR deal. If he gives away Couts and blows up the cap situation he can go to hell. A bunch of my buddies chipped in to get me Couturier jersey as a graduation gift. I should have known that was the end of him.... It's not enough that I woke up hungover in my Richards jersey the morning after the SCF is it Homer?!?!?!

I'll support a kickstarter to run Holmgren out of town if he trades Couturier. He's only 19 for fuck's sake.

Pannaccio is known for being wrong so I hope his reputation holds.

Alucard

Banned

Pens' defense needs to go back to how it was before Crosby came back. The team philosophy needs an adjustment. If they can get a bounceback season from Martin, a more composed Letang, and somebody better than Lovejoy (Despres or a UFA), Pens' D should be okay. Hoping that MAF gets his shit together too. Really hope Vokoun helps.

As for cap hell, if Parise signs, this version of the Pens should be guaranteed for another 2-3 years until their defense prospects come in. If they can snag a Cup in any of those seasons, the Parise gamble will have been worth it. Gotta figure that Crosby would turn him into a 40-goal scorer overnight.

Anybody doing anything special for Canada Day tomorrow?

Gonna get drunk downtown, watch the Euro final and then watch some fireworks on Parliament hill. D:

Alucard

Banned
Anybody doing anything special for Canada Day tomorrow?

Gonna get drunk downtown, watch the Euro final and then watch some fireworks on Parliament hill. D:

Expecting my wife to give birth any day now within the next week or so. A Canada Day baby would be beautiful. I'll just be on #parisewatch and #babywatch.

CREMSteve

Wow, the good news just keeps flowing for the Oilers. They should be highly entertaining to watch this season, at the very least.

Wow, the good news just keeps flowing for the Oilers. They should be highly entertaining to watch this season, at the very least.

I know youre a Flames fan before you wrote this, respect your opinion now because you can swallow your pride unlike those Habs fans and tell it like it is.

If you can't play in the playoffs you might as well be on a lottery pick team.

The Oilers have had SIGNIFICANT injury problems the past few seasons, I dont know whats so hard to understand. They did not purposely tank, I watch every game how can you win with a such depleted offence and defence where 18 yr olds are your top guys? Habs had bruised pinkys and they were picking 28th...imagine if those jobbers were actually hurt Yak would be in MTL.

Merguson

Banned
Was it mentioned that the Leafs actually made a conditional trade with the Ducks for Justin Schultz for a 2nd round pick?

That was probably what Hendricks was hinting at on twitter.

I thought you guys picked Yakupov.

EDM dealt with legit injuries ( past few seasons fo sho) , MTL had a few bruised egos ("best draft picks eva" which never panned out liked we joked about he past 5 seasons at least and then there are the 'Nucks....Schroder> JVR, all I'll say about that and I hate the 'Nucks.

Sorry, doing my own Schultz party, waiting on zedge and yoda, yoda wont show, maybe shoulda thrown some invites out PEACE

Wow, a million dollar a year raise for Gaustad? Hope it works out but man that is a lot to pay for a 4th liner. Still over a million less than Ville Leino, at least.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
EDM dealt with legit injuries ( past few seasons fo sho) , MTL had a few bruised egos ("best draft picks eva" which never panned out liked we joked about he past 5 seasons at least and then there are the 'Nucks....Schroder> JVR, all I'll say about that and I hate the 'Nucks.

Sorry, doing my own Schultz party, waiting on zedge and yoda, yoda wont show, maybe shoulda thrown some invites out PEACE

Habs were out with Markov, who at the time was IMO a top 3-5 dman.

Of course Edmonton wouldn't know anything about Dmen because all the good ones leave and go on to win Cups. They sign some no NHL experienced prima donna prospect and pencil them in one their first pairing because they lack any depth.

Habs were out with Markov, who at the time was IMO a top 3-5 dman.

Of course Edmonton wouldn't know anything about Dmen because all the good ones leave and go on to win Cups. They sign some no NHL experienced prima donna prospect and pencil them in one their first pairing because they lack any depth.

Oh yeah Markov, wow, where *parade whistles* you serious? that's the reason you guys sucked? I watch all your games, I have RDS dont try and play smart with me. Markov recovering from those minor scratches wouldnt have got you anywheree, truest me, I have hardcore Hab's fans that have Brent Ghilcrhirst jerseys living here in Alberta. You can sit there with Solo and re-wacth DESJARDINS highlights and talk shit about other teams? GTFO.

Man, I haven't been this excited for free agency in a long time thanks to Detroit having cap space, now use it Holland!!!! A few more minutes until the start of Christmas in July.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Oh yeah Markov, wow, where *parade whistles* you serious? that's the reason you guys sucked? I watch all your games, I have RDS dont try and play smart with me. Markov recovering from those minor scratches wouldnt have got you anywheree, truest me, I have hardcore Hab's fans that have Brent Ghilcrhirst jerseys living here in Alberta. You can sit there with Solo and re-wacth DESJARDINS highlights and talk shit about other teams? GTFO.

I've been a Sens fan for over 15 years...Markov was elite, Oilers don't even have a first pairing defenseman...!

I also had RDS... for the past 20 years...

Also I'm just fucking with you because you guys got Schultz over my team...I wish the Oilers success, KlefBoom! should be a good addition to that young team.

Razorskin

----- ------

The past season and look how terrible they were. Im sick of these franchises that purpously suck take these high draft picks (Galchynuk). You even have Price n' shyte.

The Internet is butthurt about his team tanking and straight up ignores injury statistics and the severity of them to able to point the finger at another team.

:lol :lol

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The Internet is butthurt about his team tanking and straight up ignores injury statistics and the severity of them to able to point the finger at another team.

He tried making up stats about Montreal having less injuries and I proved him wrong.

No true Oilerfan around my vicinity would admit to "tanking". Razorskin, thought you had thickskin, in the end realized you were thinskinned, still invinted to my party because at the end of the day - I remember you from back in the day being that guy that would spew MTL news that no one would care about

Fei

Pens fan and Oilers fan complain about teams tanking on the same day. OhWow.gif

At least The Internet is having fun trolling hard with it. :lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Man, I haven't been this excited for free agency in a long time thanks to Detroit having cap space, now use it Holland!!!! A few more minutes until the start of Christmas in July.

Promise me we can console each other on here tomorrow when Holland strikes out and then declares he's "happy and confident" with our current squad.

My prediction:

Semin
Mediocre defenseman
Re-sign Hudler

Parise goes to Minnesota
Suter to Pittsburgh

Top Bottom