• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Pronger not only PLAYED for you, but he got you to the Finals and then when we got him your Oilers got compensated for it.

Roli, Pisser...team game brah. Prongs cant do it by himself as proven by the Flyers losing to the Hawks a few years back. We never got compensated, Howson was Asst. GM to Lowe when deal when done...fans. cant understand why he wants the moon for Nash. He was there when he witnessed fisrts hand buttrape for Pr0ngz

Alucard

Banned
Well done, Bob.

Guys, it's July 1st! Woooooo!

Also excited about free agency this season. Curious to see what Shero does when Parise and Suter inevitably sign with teams not named "Pittsburgh."

Alucard

Banned
Well they did agree to pay $8.7M a year for a vegetable.

Best points per game in the league, son!

I talked about this with a friend of mine. If Sid can play 6-7 years of that contract and bring another Cup or two to Pittsburgh in that time, it'll have been worth it. Obviously, his health is the most important thing, but I'm hopeful he's 100 percent now and will go back to dominating this upcoming season.

Quick

Banned
Happy Free Agency Day, guys!

Can't check anything until later this evening, and I'm hoping Burkie leaves some good presents under my July 1st tree.

Reason #562 that Parise needs to come to Pittsburgh:

The creation of the PCP line. (Pascal-Crosby-Parise)

Sorry, you can only use last names, so it would be the DCP line. Also in Detroit news:

Owner Mike Ilitch and team advisor Chris Chelios are scheduled to fly to Madison, Wis., to meet with Suter at his farm

And I guess Holland is going to meet with Parise. Detroit is going balls to the wall, let's do this!

With that said Suter had said he wasn't meeting anyone face to face tomorrow... hmmm... maybe we are that special.

lupin23rd

Sorry, you can only use last names, so it would be the DCP line. Also in Detroit news:

And I guess Holland is going to meet with Parise. Detroit is going balls to the wall, let's do this!

With that said Suter had said he wasn't meeting anyone face to face tomorrow... hmmm... maybe we are that special.

First owner to successfully milk enough to fill a 2L bottle from a goat gets Suter's signature?

RC

Banned
YES!! That's what I'm saying. Better than Slapshot.

Goon's fantastic. Best hockey movie not to feature the Mighty Ducks.

Also Halifax is mentioned about a dozen times, which has gotta to be a first for any movie ever.

If you live here in Minnesota, you are absolutely wrong.

What happened to Minny? Arguably hockey capital of North America. They had that massive sellout streak and somehow they facked it during one of their best stretches of hockey ever. I blame the economy, also blame Yeo, heater, Gootch, Harding's pink helmet etc.

Vman

What happened to Minny? Arguably hockey capital of North America. They had that massive sellout streak and somehow they facked it during one of their best stretches of hockey ever. I blame the economy, also blame Yeo, heater, Gootch, Harding's pink helmet etc.

Mainly the economy. We only started to not sell out two years ago when we started to rebuild. Hardly during our best stretch. The team has always been super popular here second only to the twins arguably. There is actually much optimism around Yeo, Seto, and Heater, not sure where you put the blame on them. If anythings to blame its injuries and lack of depth.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I actually watched Goon on Netflix today. It got better in the last half hour or so, but I thought it was pretty awful otherwise. Jay Baruchel's character (and his screenplay, and just his dumb face in general) was a big part of why I felt that, I think.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ken Holland: "Do we need to make a major splash? I don't think so."

"We don't have as many holes as people think."

Prepare for disappointment and another 1st-round exit, Wings fans!

Solo

Anybody doing anything special for Canada Day tomorrow?

Gonna get drunk downtown, watch the Euro final and then watch some fireworks on Parliament hill. D:

In about 2 hours I will begin a LONG day of drinking on the high seas.

Will obviously be missing out on the lulz sure to be had in this thread today. GAF better take good notes!

Solo

Oh yeah Markov, wow, where *parade whistles* you serious? that's the reason you guys sucked? I watch all your games, I have RDS dont try and play smart with me. Markov recovering from those minor scratches wouldnt have got you anywheree, truest me, I have hardcore Hab's fans that have Brent Ghilcrhirst jerseys living here in Alberta. You can sit there with Solo and re-wacth DESJARDINS highlights and talk shit about other teams? GTFO.

The fuck are you crying about, man?

Facts:
- "minor scratches" lolz, I guess blowing out your ACL twice is no biggie.
- the Oilers still suck until they prove the don't suck; all that potential is just that: potential. Doesn't mean shit if it never coalesces.
- Habs have lost MANY more players for MANY more games to MUCH more serious injuries than the Oilers in the past few years.
- 24 Cups > 5 Cups.
- 1993 is more recent than 1990.
- Habs will be in the playoffs again before the Oilers.
- Our current roster is nothing to write home about, especially on D, and yet the Oilers would kill for Habs' D and goaltending. Think about that next time you're jizzing on your RNH bobblehead.

O Canada!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Goon's fantastic. Best hockey movie not to feature the Mighty Ducks.

Also Halifax is mentioned about a dozen times, which has gotta to be a first for any movie ever.

Well as crazy patriotic as the movie "miracle" is, I still think it's the best one out there

Purely hockey speaking that is

Solo

I don't expect Habs to be in on any of the big names, but they will probably be looking for a "middle" six winger and a 2nd pairing D-man. Of course it may requires trades rather than FA to acquire those pieces.

Mostly I just hope we don't throw tons of cash away on any overpayments.

I don't expect Habs to be in on any of the big names, but they will probably be looking for a "middle" six winger and a 2nd pairing D-man. Of course it may requires trades rather than FA to acquire those pieces.

Mostly I just hope we don't throw tons of cash away on any overpayments.

Hudler maybe?

Top Bottom