• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

MPW

Minnesota Wild
From the Wild war room: the #mnwild have submitted contract offers to free agents Zach Parise and Ryan Suter.

well that settles it :p

Cactus

Banned
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance
Told that Clemmensen deal does not rule out a possible Roberto Luongo trade to Florida.

If this is true, Markstrom must be really pissed.

calder

Ray..... isnt crazy to suggest Jokinen for the Jets. He's certainly right about desperately needing some size at C.

Told that Clemmensen deal does not rule out a possible Roberto Luongo trade to Florida.

Not really Theo is UFA next year and Clemmer could easily be dealt. It's management wants Marky to test his knees with a full AHL year though.

Flyers resigned Leighton apparently. Do they make these moves up just to piss off the fanbase? It doesn't make sense for ANY reason.... I really WANT to love this team. I swear. They make it so hard!

Marvie_3

Banned
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland told David Moss signs two-year deal to return to Calgary #Flames
Swing and a miss, Strickland.

I hope you sign Huet.
I hope Huet becomes Detroit's goalie coach..

Markstrom can come to Chicago if he's pissed.

Fei

Ahahaha.. Brad Boyes threw Ruff under the bus. A snippet:

"Coming from coaches and having success with coaches that were yellers and screamers and hard on you, that's fine, as long as you get a pat on the back when you do something well. I want to play for a coach that I respect a lot and that'll go a long way in the way that I play.

That starts by communicating with off-ice stuff, saying hi, asking how the family is. Those things go a long way. I'm just looking for a coach that will do that to begin with. Once you get the personal side, then it's the hockey stuff, with the coach communicating what he likes or doesn't like about your play."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opi...-agent-brad-boyes-on-search-for-new-home.html

As much as I would buy Ruff is an asshole, gtfo Boyes. You were a bigger bust than Leino. $4M per for like 10 goals in a season and a half. I don't think that's because Ruff didn't give you a pat on the back.

pringles

Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio @maydayhockey reporting Jonas Gustavsson signs with Detroit
Cool. Playing behind Howard he'll have no pressure and a bunch of fellow swedes making him feel at home. This is one of those little-to-lose, lots-to-win signings.

Definitely an upgrade to having Ty "guaranteed loss" Conklin or Joey "career AHLer" MacDonald as our #2.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm guessing Stan Bowman is still sitting in his footie pajamas watching saturday morning cartoons and eating cereal...

That was earlier. Scotty just read him a story and tucked him into bed for his pre-lunch nap.

Cool. Playing behind Howard he'll have no pressure and a bunch of fellow swedes making him feel at home. This is one of those little-to-lose, lots-to-win signings.

Definitely an upgrade to having Ty "guaranteed loss" Conklin or Joey "career AHLer" MacDonald as our #2.

If those were their actual nicknames it would be amazing.

Here is why the Flyers make my brain hurt - it seemed abundantly clear to just about everyone that we should have been trying to sign a proven veteran backup goalie who can serve as a calming influence for Bryz if/when things go haywire next season. We have the money, we have the need and there are several FA options available.

Instead, we sign Leighton who similarly to Bob, struggles when he's not getting regular minutes and other than his fluke playoff run, has never played an NHL caliber level game. Great move Homer, keep that goalie circus going strong!

Revenant

Better than Paul Holmgren being in the office...

scarface.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
lots of interest in Prust with Detroit pushing hard.

go ahead wings, overpay him :D

YES.

This team absolutely needs a guy like Prust.

If all they ended up with was Gustavsson, Prust, and Suter, I'd consider that a huge success.

Fei

Flyers and Wild have submitted offers to both Parise and Suter. If the Flyers get Parise for $8M+, I won't stop lolling today.

MPW

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Told that Crosby reached out to Parise as part of Pittsburgh pitch

can't see him not signing for pens now

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Plinko is clueless at the moment as he still wants us to keep Hudler as well.

Please. It's 25 goals and then whatever he added in the playoffs as the 2nd best player during that timeframe.

That's going to hurt next year when Franzen scores 5 in a November game and then 2 the rest of the year.

Besides, reading comprehension would help. Nowhere did I say "overpay" for Prust. Nowhere. Try reading the actual posts, guys.

Top Bottom