• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

You never know brah. Spezza feeding you pucks, Karlsson setting you up, up and coming team, good coaching, offensive system etc.

It ain't my money so easy for me to say YES.

Players like Parise don't go to "up and coming teams", they go to teams that are already there(and have money to burn).

Fei

What is this guy's story? I see a 33 and 43 goal season then he drops to playing like 50 games and like 8 goals tops. Was it injuries or something else?

I don't remember seeing Boyes when he was a 30 and 40 goal scorer, but he was pretty awful with Buffalo. If FOOTE is around he might be able explain what happened in St. Louis. The guy is barely an NHLer today.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/07/red_wings_with_owner_mike_ilit.html
The Red Wings, with a contingent that included owner Mike Ilitch, general manager Ken Holland and coach Mike Babcock, originally planned on flying to Toronto this afternoon to meet with Parise and his agents at the offices of Newport Management in Mississauga, Ontario, at 3:30.

But Parise's agent, Don Meehan, called them and said he has canceled all meetings because more than 20 clubs have asked to see him and he can't possibly accommodate everybody.

Meehan told teams to submit their best offer by phone, and the Red Wings have submitted a big one. Parise will consider all the offers.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Ray Whitney CBC interview is hilarious, can I just say that. Making fun of the panel for stating that Dallas was risky by offering him 2 years, and he's pointing that out. Niiiice. Apparently Dallas was the ONLY team offering him 2 years and that's why he picked it, by far the biggest reason.

Cake Boss

Banned
Confirmed that Carolina is NOT on Rick Nash's list of approved teams. Ottawa also interested and not approved.

vincestillstruttingxn8.gif

toro5741

Eh, Boyes is a low-risk signing like PA was two years ago... we'll see what happens.

Carkner's a solid pickup for the Isles though. Visnovsky + Carkner + one of the guys from Bridgeport graduating (Donovan or DeHaan) should be a decent upgrade over Eaton, Staois and Jurcina...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pitt get Tanner Glass.

mhmmm wasn't all bad on the Canucks, fair enough I suppose. Still waiting for the Canucks to do ONE move... -yawn- All that's happened since/at the draft was Schneider signing, and that's raised more questions than answered...

Uhh...fill me in, Canucks GAF. Is this guy a waste of space or can he do something in a third or fourth line role?

He's alright on the 3rd/4th, that's pretty much it. Not much to say, he's not the most obvious player (in both a good and bad way, no big highlights but also no big lowlights). As long as you didn't overpay, a good signing.

Top Bottom