• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Cagey

Banned
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
Sources say FLyers' gave Suter and Parise each a 10-year offer ... guess the $$$

Besides a grossly irresponsible team (Wild), Suter and Parise are going to have roughly the same $$ offer from god knows how many hockey teams. It'll be interesting to see what are the extras that factor into their ultimate decisions.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It's almost like Nash doesn't want to leave The Jackets if he keeps killing deals.

Nah, he just only wants to go to a select few teams

He extended with CLB last year and then CLB decided to rebuild thinking they were about to challenge for playoffs/cup

Dude has every right to choose where he wants to go, that's why he has a no trade

Alucard

Banned
Has Glass done something as stupid like Asham did in the playoffs?

Ding ding ding. Saza gets it. Pens want to separate themselves from those actions.

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib

Asham really wanted to stay in Pittsburgh, but Pens didn't make offer. Good deal for him. Has now played for every Atlantic Division team.

Razorskin

----- ------
Both gifs - his head looks way too small for his body these days.

HmSxy.jpg

Slurmer

Banned
Here is why the Flyers make my brain hurt - it seemed abundantly clear to just about everyone that we should have been trying to sign a proven veteran backup goalie who can serve as a calming influence for Bryz if/when things go haywire next season. We have the money, we have the need and there are several FA options available.

Instead, we sign Leighton who similarly to Bob, struggles when he's not getting regular minutes and other than his fluke playoff run, has never played an NHL caliber level game. Great move Homer, keep that goalie circus going strong!

And they did it right when free agency started lol. Maybe they're going for a big name, but the fact that this was the first news of the day was hilarious.

Alucard

Banned
Point is they gave him the following season to prove that. This is just a case of the Pens going in another direction but I think Asham is a more effective player than Glass is.

Yeah, I don't know much about Glass but I liked what Asham brought to the table, minus his inexcusable playoff actions.

Alucard

Banned
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

"@tpanotchCSN: #Flyers indeed in big for Parise/Suter. Cap room apparently not an issue. Hearing offers could be as high as 12 yrs. 80M plus

lupin23rd

Now VAN wants Gudbranson for Lou? Ha go on and get the hell on lol.

What's the source on that one? Been quiet on the Lou front for a while.

By the way, what's the scouting report on this Bjugstad character that I keep hearing in Lou rumors? Never heard of him but Canucks.com board seems high on him and hoping we can get him out of Florida.

Cake Boss

Banned
Rumor is OTT is trading Nick Foligno to OTT for Marc Methot.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCCKKKKKKKK ARE YOUUUUU DOOOOOOOOOIIIINNNGGGGGGGGG

CREMSteve

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏@HockeyyInsiderr
Source: Parise and #Pens have agreed to deal. Will be announced shortly, still discussing pay allocation (very front loaded). #DoneDeal #WOW

This is from a source very close to #Pens, I can't confirm it 100% but it seems PIT and Parise have reached agreement. Waiting official word

No idea if source is credible, anyone know?

Garrison's assists total was fairly consistent through his three years in Florida, if you take 09-10 and project it up to a full season, it's really his goals that skyrocketed last year.

2009–10 Florida Panthers NHL 39 2 6 8 23 — — — — —
2010–11 Florida Panthers NHL 73 5 13 18 26 — — — — —
2011–12 Florida Panthers NHL 77 16 17 33 32

Was he never on the PP the years before or something?

Cactus

Banned
Source: Parise and #Pens have agreed to deal. Will be announced shortly, still discussing pay allocation (very front loaded). #DoneDeal #WOW

This is from a source very close to #Pens, I can't confirm it 100% but it seems PIT and Parise have reached agreement. Waiting official word

The Penguins might end up being the team that signs Parise, but that account is not credible.

Marvie_3

Banned

HockeyyInsiderr is about as credible as Eklund

Alucard

Banned

Sounds like bull to me. Guess we'll see.

What's the source on that one? Been quiet on the Lou front for a while.

By the way, what's the scouting report on this Bjugstad character that I keep hearing in Lou rumors? Never heard of him but Canucks.com board seems high on him and hoping we can get him out of Florida.

The TSN stream were discussing it.

Bjustard though is a 6'5 center with the makings of a great power forward. This year he has 42 pts in 40 games.

Top Bottom