• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏@HockeyyInsiderr
Source: Parise and #Pens have agreed to deal. Will be announced shortly, still discussing pay allocation (very front loaded). #DoneDeal #WOW

This is from a source very close to #Pens, I can't confirm it 100% but it seems PIT and Parise have reached agreement. Waiting official word

No idea if source is credible, anyone know?

Pens getting Parise wouldn't bug me at all. Hell I'd almost be happy that he didn't end up on the Flyers.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Source: Parise and #Pens have agreed to deal. Will be announced shortly, still discussing pay allocation (very front loaded). #DoneDeal #WOW

This is from a source very close to #Pens, I can't confirm it 100% but it seems PIT and Parise have reached agreement. Waiting official word

No idea if source is credible, anyone know?

Not credible

He makes Eklund look like bob mckenzie

Erdrick

Tanner Glass is a great player for a 4th line. He was on our 3rd this past year in Winnipeg and while he produced next to nothing on the scoresheet, he is someone who every team is going to want come playoff time. He's tough and not afraid to go into the corners and will fight and stand up for his team if need be.

I assume he wanted a similar offer that Jim Slater was given (Over a million a year) but our brass did not see it justified based on his past season. He also broke his foot near the end of the season, but I assume he has more than recovered now.

Bottom line for Pens fans, based on my one year of having Glass here in Winnipeg, He'll provide a solid balance of grit and toughness minus any stupidity that goons like Asham (and Cooke before last year) toss about on a regular basis. Good signing by you guys in Pittsburgh.

Bonus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn2zsx3d0fA

Cake Boss

Banned
This fuckface should just stick to drafting and not anything else, we have the worst fucking pro scouts ever, we suck at trading and signing.

Garrison's assists total was fairly consistent through his three years in Florida, if you take 09-10 and project it up to a full season, it's really his goals that skyrocketed last year.

2009–10 Florida Panthers NHL 39 2 6 8 23 — — — — —
2010–11 Florida Panthers NHL 73 5 13 18 26 — — — — —
2011–12 Florida Panthers NHL 77 16 17 33 32

Was he never on the PP the years before or something?

Not as much he wasn't on 1st pairing. This year attribute it Campbell and 1st pairing minutes.

Cactus

Banned
Now incarceratedbob (another Eklund copycat) is posting the same news.

Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Penguins have SIGNED Zach Parise! Pens have reeled in the biggest FA fish (Zach + Crosby + Malkin) oh my #NHL

He must be following hockeyyyyyyyyyinsider's twitter account

Alucard

Banned
Now incarceratedbob (another Eklund copycat) is posting the same news.

Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Source: Penguins have SIGNED Zach Parise! Pens have reeled in the biggest FA fish (Zach + Crosby + Malkin) oh my #NHL

He must be following hockeyyyyyyyyyinsider's twitter account

LOL. I'm not buying this until TSN reports it.

Don't these guys lose credibility instantly if this turns out to be false?

Cagey

Banned
LOL. I'm not buying this until TSN reports it.

Don't these guys lose credibility instantly if this turns out to be false?

Yes but it means nothing. We live in a need-info-now type world, and baseless speculation and rumor gives people something to talk about, therefore it's still consumed with the same appetite before getting 1 in a 1000 right. Just look at Eklund.

Bob's fucking awful with NFL anything.

Tabris

Those websites are successful from "rumour entertainment", not being credible. I check out hockeybuzz.com once in a while because it's fun to hear wild rumours that have a 5% chance of actually coming true. I don't go there for credible sources.

Alucard

Banned
Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib

Told #pens quite comfortable with how #PariseWatch playing out, feel very good about their chances #NHLfreeagency

Sounds more believable.

I think the more important question about Colby Armstrong is whether or not he'll make another guest appearance on Top Chef Canada season 3.

pringles

If PITT land Parise that is gonna be a lot of money tied up in 3 forwards. I don't understand how they'll be able to also have decent depth and defense, but then again I'm not sure how much cap space they have.

cube444

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib

Told #pens quite comfortable with how #PariseWatch playing out, feel very good about their chances #NHLfreeagency

Sounds more believable.

How so? They might get him but are they supposed to tweet that they don't like their chances? :lol

Tabris

If PITT land Parise that is gonna be a lot of money tied up in 3 forwards. I don't understand how they'll be able to also have decent depth and defense, but then again I'm not sure how much cap space they have.

If Penguins get Zach Parise, then I really hope MAF's horrible performance in the playoffs has sent him into a career nosedive so Penguins aren't as deadly of a team. Because the only other way I see that team under performing is injuries and I don't want to wish injuries on anyone ever (except everyone on the Boston Bruins and Duncan Keith)

If Penguins get Zach Parise, then I really hope MAF's horrible performance in the playoffs has sent him into a career nosedive so Penguins aren't as deadly of a team. Because the only other way I see that team under performing is injuries and I don't want to wish injuries on anyone ever (except everyone on the Boston Bruins and Duncan Keith)

Or shitty defense... I'm not sure why people are so worried when offense isn't our problem.

pringles

Or shitty defense... I'm not sure why people are so worried when offense isn't our problem.
Yeah I don't understand how anyone in the Pittsburgh org could think they need more offense after that playoff series against Philly. Would make more sense to ignore Parise and go 100% after Suter.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Look at the top teams out of the East, how many of them have amazing balanced D core (outside of a single superstar)? Compare that to the West.

Does blocking shots count? If yes, the Rangers have like... everyone.

EDIT: beaten.

Top Bottom