• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Seems they call Tabris for advice now. :/

Or Paul Holmgren.... UNLESS THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!?!?!?!

m-night-shyamalan(2).jpg

I am fucking pissed as hell, I can't find a single positive about this fucking deal.

Most Sens fans don't consider Foligno good enough to be top-6, and we have the biggest bunch of pussies on defence (except Cowen). I can see why they made it. We've got a bunch of forward prospects who have a shot next year and should be better than Foligno.

Tabris

Penguins got bounced due to goaltending, with the type of goals MAF and Bryz were letting in, even a strong West defense wouldn't have done jack.

Marvie_3

Banned
Speaking of Canada Day, why do Canadians have British monarchs on their money anyway? Shouldn't they have Canadian royalty like Rick Moranis on it?

He was seeking at least 2.2, so it wouldn't surprise me that somebody would over pay for him. However, anything over 1.5 for that guy is a waste. Fuck him, greedy prick.

But how can anyone pay OVER what he was seeking? I know the teams clawing at each other to pay such a sweet deal must have been immense but still.

Edit: MONTREALOL! No words

Cake Boss

Banned
Most Sens fans don't consider Foligno good enough to be top-6, and we have the biggest bunch of pussies on defence (except Cowen). I can see why they made it. We've got a bunch of forward prospects who have a shot next year and should be better than Foligno.

I know I get that, I am not the biggest Foligno fan but seriously is that the best deal we could have got for a 24 year old 47 point player with grit and nastiness to him playing 3rd line 2nd line minutes with barely an PP time that? Once again our pro scouts need to be fired and Murray's obsession with local players needs to stop.

With Foligno, Carkner and Konopka gone, we lost alot of grit and became as soft as the Leafs.

Tabris

Here are my ideal signings for the Canucks (all dependent on price/years, otherwise not interested):

Doan: 2-3years / $10-15m
Garrison: 5years / $22.5m
Jokinen: 2 years / $4m
Salo: 1 year / $2m

All the other players (Parise, Suter, Carle, etc) will be way overpriced.

Here are my ideal signings for the Canucks (all dependent on price/years, otherwise not interested):

Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.

F69ky.gif

CREMSteve

You think Jokinen will only make 2M per year? You're dreaming. Based on what teams are throwing around today, he's going to be closer to 4M per.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think they keep her on our currency only for historical purposes. Here, in Quebec, most people want nothing to do with the British monarchy.
Well at least Quebec finally did something right. ;)

You're missing out brah.

Boddingtons-pub-ale.257104346_std.jpg
Hey, you finally posted a decent beer.

Both of these guys will get a lot more than that.

Alucard

Banned
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Like #Flyers the #Wild have thrown the kitchen sink at Parise/Suter. Going rate on all #NHL offers are now minimum 12 years between 80-90M

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Hearing some scuttle that #pens could front-load to get Parise or Suter, not likely both. Would not mesh with what I had heard previously.

Pens now willing to front load for Parise?

Tabris

Yeah, that's why I said I wouldn't want them past those prices. I don't want to sign anyone to a price higher than Bieksa/Hamhuis. We're a "You take a discount to play with us" kind of team and I rather not sign anyone than ruin with that.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Like #Flyers the #Wild have thrown the kitchen sink at Parise/Suter. Going rate on all #NHL offers are now minimum 12 years between 80-90M

Hearing some scuttle that #pens could front-load to get Parise or Suter, not likely both. Would not mesh with what I had heard previously.

Pens now willing to front load for Parise?
So Shero used to bitch about front loaded contracts and now he's all for them?

Alucard

Banned
Told #pens have gone BIG on #PariseWatch but not sold that decision will be made today; club feels good about talks.

Shit. I'm assuming the strategy is to go all-in with Parise, and go after Suter if this doesn't pan out.

Top Bottom