• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Like #Flyers the #Wild have thrown the kitchen sink at Parise/Suter. Going rate on all #NHL offers are now minimum 12 years between 80-90M

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Hearing some scuttle that #pens could front-load to get Parise or Suter, not likely both. Would not mesh with what I had heard previously.

Pens now willing to front load for Parise?

Stupid Wild, go back to sucking please.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Told #pens have gone BIG on #PariseWatch but not sold that decision will be made today; club feels good about talks.

Shit. I'm assuming the strategy is to go all-in with Parise, and go after Suter if this doesn't pan out.

Philly and Pittsburgh have definitely drawn the right conclusions from their series.

Tabris

The annoying thing about free agency day is, unlike trade deadline day, there's no deadline and it can turn from boring to exciting and from exciting to boring very quick, and you don't know when something may happen.

cube444

Told #pens have gone BIG on #PariseWatch but not sold that decision will be made today; club feels good about talks.

Shit. I'm assuming the strategy is to go all-in with Parise, and go after Suter if this doesn't pan out.

This Rossi guy is a loser. Decision not coming today? So he's reading Meehan's tweets now.

Is this the same idiot who said Jagr was a Penguin last year because he had a "handshake" deal with Pens?

Alucard

Banned
Philly and Pittsburgh have definitely drawn the right conclusions from their series.

Drafted 2 dmen in the first round this year, shopping Martin and Lovejoy around, picked up Vokoun to relieve Fleury's workload, and already talking about improving their PK and changing up their defensive strategy for next season. The offseason has just started. I don't think Shero will only go through UFA for dmen. If necessary, he'll go through trades to get what the Pens need. I'm not too concerned yet. Still think the Pens had all the tools they needed to win the Cup last season...they just drew the wrong team in the first round. :-/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Drafted 2 dmen in the first round this year, shopping Martin and Lovejoy around, picked up Vokoun to relieve Fleury's workload, and already talking about improving their PK and changing up their defensive strategy for next season. The offseason has just started. I don't think Shero will only go through UFA for dmen. If necessary, he'll go through trades to get what the Pens need. I'm not too concerned yet. Still think the Pens had all the tools they needed to win the Cup last season...they just drew the wrong team in the first round. :-/

Fair enough, didn't consider that. Now Philly on the other hand...?

Alucard

Banned
This Rossi guy is a loser. Decision not coming today? So he's reading Meehan's tweets now.

Is this the same idiot who said Jagr was a Penguin last year because he had a "handshake" deal with Pens?

I don't remember, to be honest. He's been okay with his news this past year. Occasionally writes a stupid homer article, but he's fairly reliable.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Carolina and Detroit are in a strong competition with New York Rangers for Rick Nash. Nothing imminent. Canes said to be pushing hard.

Carolina not on Nash's list and Detroit is in division - how strong of a competition could they really be?

Montresor

Like someone else said we have our Prust at like 700k.

Still nice to see Habs get tougher. And with a Carlyle-led Leafs I hope Habs-Leafs game are very chippy.

Armstrong is a junk player no matter the cap hit.

Alucard

Banned
Like someone else said we have our Prust at like 700k.

Still nice to see Habs get tougher. And with a Carlyle-led Leafs I hope Habs-Leafs game are very chippy.

Armstrong is a junk player no matter the cap hit.

If healthy, Colby can be a good third liner.

Alucard

Banned
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Alexei Ponikarovsky to WPG, 1 year, $1.8M

How does this guy keep convincing teams to let him play?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Alexei Ponikarovsky to WPG, 1 year, $1.8M

How does this guy keep convincing teams to let him play?

Because if he's utilized correctly, he is very very effective

And panthers acquire parros

Eric boulton to islanders

Top Bottom