• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

I think he is going to be back with the BJ next year. What a mess that will be.

Howson is officially between a rock and a hard place. It's either lower price or keep him at this point. Howson continues to ask for players the Rangers refuse to give up. He's a moron. Howson thought the Rangers not getting Parise after July 1 would up their offer for Nash. The Rangers knew they weren't getting Parise last week. Nothing has changed.

Tabris

If I was Nash I wouldn't have signed a long contract with Columbus.

To be fair, they make a bunch of signings and went to salary cap trying to compete. They may have been good if the following didn't happen:

- Steve Mason wasn't a fluke one year wonder
- Huselieus wasn't injured so much over the last 2 years (season ending injury last year)
- Getting off to a bad start due to Wisnewski suspension

Alucard

Banned
Well, Euro final is over, NHL free agent frenzy seems to have died down until tomorrow, and my wife still hasn't given birth. Time to grab some BBQ!

Howson is officially between a rock and a hard place. It's either lower price or keep him at this point. Howson continues to ask for players the Rangers refuse to give up. He's a moron. Howson thought the Rangers not getting Parise after July 1 would up their offer for Nash. The Rangers knew they weren't getting Parise last week. Nothing has changed.

Nash has completely fucked Howson's position over by refusing to increase his list of teams. None of the teams on the list has a reason to go crazy since they know they are only competing with like 1 other team.

Alucard

Banned
Nash has completely fucked Howson's position over by refusing to increase his list of teams. None of the teams on the list has a reason to go crazy since they know they are only competing with like 1 other team.

Who is the bigger idiot here? Howson with his ridiculous demands, or Nash with his shortlist?

Who is the bigger idiot here? Howson with his ridiculous demands, or Nash with his shortlist?

Clearly Nash. If they dont trade him they still get him next year and he will have to play hard if he wants a future team to trade for him. He is putting himself in a position where he will be stuck there for another season. The Sens made the playoffs and have a great young core, for the life of me I cant see why he wouldnt want to play there.

CREMSteve

He really isn't worth more

Nash is being severely overvalued

There's very few players in the league today that can score the types of goals Nash does. He leads the Blue Jackets every year, imagine how good he'd be on a good team. I don't blame CBJ for taking their time to make sure they get the right package for him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Can't blame Howson for asking a boatload for the franchise star player who caught Jeff Carter disease.

Problem is.. Nash has been good but not great.

It's hard to ask for a franchise player worth when he has only performed like a first line winger

This may be because his linemates have always sucked, but no one knows for sure

Acid08

Banned
Clearly Nash. If they dont trade him they still get him next year and he will have to play hard if he wants a future team to trade for him. He is putting himself in a position where he will be stuck there for another season. The Sens made the playoffs and have a great young core, for the life of me I cant see why he wouldnt want to play there.
He wants to play with Jumbo and not Alfie.

Can't blame Howson for asking a boatload for the franchise star player who caught Jeff Carter disease.

I don't blame him for that, but I blame him for continuing to ask for the same thing over and over when it's just not gonna happen. He can ask the Rangers for Kreider till he's blue in the face, it's not happening.

Acid08

Banned
Thats fine but if he would have increased his list maybe the Sharks would have made a better offer for him. As things are going now he is going to be playing with no one in Columbus again.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Sharks offered Pavelski, Clowe, and a 1st for him and Howson still said no. Not really a better deal we could put together than that.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
There's very few players in the league today that can score the types of goals Nash does. He leads the Blue Jackets every year, imagine how good he'd be on a good team. I don't blame CBJ for taking their time to make sure they get the right package for him.

Like Dan Fucking Heatley and his 50g/100pts season putting up 70 goals with Thornton?

Nash is an overpaid has-been until he proves otherwise. Plenty of stars have produced surrounded by a blackhole of talent he has no excuses but his shit play.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Sharks offered Pavelski, Clowe, and a 1st for him and Howson still said no. Not really a better deal we could put together than that.

Aren't Clowe and Pavelski UFA's next year? That could be the only reason I'd see them being hesitant on that deal. Both those players would be out of there no questions asked next summer.

GuessWho

happy to get Prust in MTL, although we did overpay. Alas that is July 1st - overpayment galore.
Prust is good on the penalty kill, so it will relieve some of our players like Plecanec.

Very fucking happy with that signing. Slightly overpaid but holy shit our winger situation is dire. Put him with Duchene. He'll have a hard time not having a redemption year.

@RenLavoieRDS: Joe sakic called PA Parenteau personally. They were 1st call. Avalanche wanted him bad and he felt that way.

Super Joe makin' shit happen still.

Tabris

Man every Vancouver rumour I'm hearing I'm not liking. Apparently we're looking at Semin?

EDIT - You know, Nash is looking more attractive the more I hear about how much Parise is going to cost. Giving up a prospect over being hamstrung with 9M cap hit for 10+ years.

Decent day so far. I have no idea what we are doing with Clemmer. Kuba for 2 years is great Garrison replacement. Parrots is the best of the day, so glad Barch is gone and Parros sounds like a likable guy as well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Toronto, Chicago, Florida and NJ are the teams talking to brodeur

2 years/$10 million is rough asking price

Since he's old, the team that gets it is stuck with it

Probably a tough call for every team but for different reasons

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Better be true after I typed that.

Toronto, Chicago, Florida and NJ are the teams talking to brodeur

2 years/$10 million is rough asking price

Since he's old, the team that gets it is stuck with it

Probably a tough call for every team but for different reasons

I would much rather Marty for 2 years at 5 milli than 10 of Lou.

Edit: Marty + Clemmer reunion tour lol.

calder

Tanner Glass is a great player for a 4th line. He was on our 3rd this past year in Winnipeg and while he produced next to nothing on the scoresheet, he is someone who every team is going to want come playoff time. He's tough and not afraid to go into the corners and will fight and stand up for his team if need be.

I assume he wanted a similar offer that Jim Slater was given (Over a million a year) but our brass did not see it justified based on his past season. He also broke his foot near the end of the season, but I assume he has more than recovered now.

Bottom line for Pens fans, based on my one year of having Glass here in Winnipeg, He'll provide a solid balance of grit and toughness minus any stupidity that goons like Asham (and Cooke before last year) toss about on a regular basis. Good signing by you guys in Pittsburgh.

Bonus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn2zsx3d0fA
Yeah I really liked Glass but the Jets gave little sign they wanted him back very much. Not sure why, I thought he had a really good year, but I guess they need to open up a spot and some payroll for the upcoming Parise signing :p

Tabris

Very fucking happy with that signing. Slightly overpaid but holy shit our winger situation is dire. Put him with Duchene. He'll have a hard time not having a redemption year.

Go from being winger of first overall pick to third overall pick?

Top Bottom