• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Other than Suter they really don't. None of the other names are even desirable really....

Getting to the point where it's too late for teams to announce anything today.

I dont want a team that got embarrassed in the playoffs to basically stand pat. If they cant improve defense/goaltending then at least they could improve scoring.

Cactus

Banned
Some minor bits of news:

Andy Strickland
‏@andystrickland
JayMcClement very close on a multi year deal...stay tuned

Gord Miller ‏
@GMillerTSN
Sounds like Sammy Salo is heading to Tampa.

adater
‏@adater
Avs are NOT done today. Stay tuned

I dont want a team that got embarrassed in the playoffs to basically stand pat. If they cant improve defense/goaltending then at least they could improve scoring.

No. Just no. It will hurt the team more than it would help in terms of cap flexibility. The team from last year could win a cup with a good year run of luck and a few role players acquired for cheap at the deadline. Assuming that they need to make some sort of big change is exactly why Homer does this stupid shit. Completely wrong attitude.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not sure where the suter to detroit stuff is coming from--detroit says they haven't heard anything.

Tabris

a) Weird timing Dopey. TOR signed someone.
b) Salo united with Ohlund? Depressing but time to move on from Salo, he was losing his shot last year.

No. Just no. It will hurt the team more than it would help in terms of cap flexibility. The team from last year could win a cup with a good year run of luck and a few role players acquired for cheap at the deadline. Assuming that they need to make some sort of big change is exactly why Homer does this stupid shit. Completely wrong attitude.

We are never going to agree on this stuff. I think they have a great young core but their offense isnt good enough to overcome the D/Bryz. I dont want them to go into the season and just hope that things are better, they obviously have room under the cap if they are able to make these offers, so I want them to do something to improve the team.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Apparently he took 1.5 per year instead of 2.5 per from Avs

Yikes

Guess we finally have someone to shut up don cherry lol

Tabris

Say it ain't so. Our defense might as well be Swiss cheese.

Typical Canucks fan cynicism / exaggeration. We have an amazing top 3, and some upcoming prospects that will slot in bottom 2-3 and may be able to rise up into top 4 and we just need to get one D-man to play with Edler. We'll find someone.

EDIT - WOW! $3.75m/year for Sami Salo. Are they crazy?!

And less scoring with less physical play and intimidation.

You're counting on Foligno for scoring ? LOL He was on our 4th line at times.

The only thing he intimidates is our PK units because they know they'll be hitting the ice soon.

Latendresse will make up for that, not to mention whichever of our forward prospects makes the team.

Scoring wasn't a problem last year, it was defence.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Burke says he expects kadri to stick this year

Our centers:

Bozak
Kadri
Grabovski
Steckel
McClement
Lombardi
Connolly
Colborne

*scratches head*

I think we have a few more than we should...

Cactus

Banned
I don't know much about him but $1.5 million doesn't break the bank. That's a start.

Jay McClement (6'1, 201, Kingston, Ontario)
17 points
51.3 on faceoffs last season
13+ minutes per game
72 hits, 54 blocked shots
16 giveaways, 34 takeaways
Led the Avalanche in shorthanded minutes per game last season

Also:

Greg Thomson
‏@Greg_Thomson
Don't usually report rumors, but hearing Tim Connolly is on the move. Not a surprise in the least. Stay tuned.

Top Bottom