• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Reason why I asked... Made a proposal on HF and got jumped by van fans

Luongo and Ballard for komisarek, MacArthur and Colborne, conditional 1st

Or

Luongo and Ballard for komisarek, Lombardi and damigo, conditional 1st

I thought the potential of komisarek becoming a force (van doesn't have a physical D like Komi) and if he faulters, at least there's one less year on contract. Ballard is more redundant than ever with garrison so I thought it would line up - they both played the identical TOI both years... 1700 minutes... So Komi was getting equivelent PPG as Ballard while also being able to kill hockey players that aren't his own goaltender

Bah

"I'm more confused than ever now. I've moved on. If he had it in his mind that he wanted to play in Canada ... OK. I get that. I'm a Canadian too. But Eric Lindros, when he didn't want to play in Quebec, he went to his team that drafted him and said, 'No, I'm not going to play there.' He allowed that team to make the move to get something for him. He told us numerous times he wanted to play for us."

Source

Reason why I asked... Made a proposal on HF and got jumped by van fans

Luongo and Ballard for komisarek, MacArthur and Colborne, conditional 1st

Or

Luongo and Ballard for komisarek, Lombardi and damigo, conditional 1st

I thought the potential of komisarek becoming a force (van doesn't have a physical D like Komi) and if he faulters, at least there's one less year on contract. Ballard is more redundant than ever with garrison so I thought it would line up

Bah
Why'd you get jumped?

I'd replace MacArthur with Franson on that first deal, then it'd be good. What's the conditional 1st for?

Heretic

SCHUTLTLLZLZLZz.jpg

I just want to punch him in the face. Such a smug smile.

MPW

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Armstrong
Prust-Nokia-White

habs still lack offense, looks like price will have to be amazing if habs want to make the playoffs

dem

One thing to note about Garrison is that before he entered the NHL, he had the same kind of stats and interest as Schultz coming out of the US college.

2005-06 U. of Minnesota-Duluth WCHA 40 3 9 12 26  
2006-07 U. of Minnesota-Duluth WCHA 21 1 2 3 16  
2007-08 U. of Minnesota-Duluth WCHA 26 5 9 14 26  

2009-10 U. of Wisconsin WCHA 43 6 16 22 12  
2010-11 U. of Wisconsin WCHA 41 18 29 47 28  
2011-12 U. of Wisconsin WCHA 37 16 28 44 12  

Those are not similar stats.

I'm not sure why everyone is comparing Schultz to undrafted players.

DopeyFish

Why'd you get jumped?

I'd replace MacArthur with Franson on that first deal, then it'd be good. What's the conditional 1st for?

Because people think komisarek is the worst Dman ever at a ridiculous price... Even though he's a defensive Dman with same TOI/ATOI and PPG as an offensive Dman on a far more talented roster.

if leafs make playoffs it's a first, if they fail it's a second... But top 5 protected would work well too, i guess.

Komisarek and franson leaving would sorta gut leafs D pretty badly which is the only reason I'd be opposed to it. Would work if 2 of Rielly, holzer or blacker can make the jump but cannot be a guarantee...

Phaneuf - gunnarsson
Gardiner - Liles
Holzer - Rielly/Blacker

Tabris

Those are not similar stats.

I'm not sure why everyone is comparing Schultz to undrafted players.

I was basing my comment on what Pierre McGuire said during the Free Agent Frenzy show on TSN. Garrison isn't an offensive d-man, he's a defensive D that had a great offensive season last year.

Tabris

Because people think komisarek is the worst Dman ever at a ridiculous price... Even though he's a defensive Dman with same TOI/ATOI and PPG as an offensive Dman on a far more talented roster.

if leafs make playoffs it's a first, if they fail it's a second... But top 5 protected would work well too, i guess.

Too much salary to take back and Ballard while playing poorly under AV's system, has much more potential than Komisarek. Mike Gillis still thinks Ballard can take that next step, otherwise he would have been dealt.

Sweet, Bob Murray just called out Schultz and said that "Eric Lindros handled things better".

It's fucked because Lindros was the first person to come to mind when I heard about Schultz. All these loopholes and all of these self-entitled players.. fuck man. I'll definitely be tuning into ana v edm games whenever I can. Surely the players taste the same bitterness.

Heretic

It's fucked because Lindros was the first person to come to mind when I heard about Schultz. All these loopholes and all of these self-entitled players.. fuck man. I'll definitely be tuning into ana v edm games whenever I can. Surely the players taste the same bitterness.
You bet your ass they are. Us fans are too. Btw, I want Duchene. Give it.

Tabris

Here's what I want to see at the beginning of the season:

1 Sedin Sedin Burrows
2 Booth <Kesler>/Connolly Doan
3a Higgins Lapierre Hansen
3b Volpatti/Raymond <Connolly> Kassian

Bieksa Hamhuis
Garrison Edler
Gardiner Tanev
Connotaun

Schneider
Hedberg

This will require dumping Ballard somewhere, trading Luongo + Something for Gardiner and Connolly. Connolly is a good choice as it gives incentive for TOR to trade us Gardiner, and we can use him until Kesler is back. And we only have to take on that contract until next year.

I don't know why I bother reading Sportsnet, full of the most useless shit on earth.

Yeah Burke didn't sign any big names, OOOOHHH HE'S LOSING HIS EDGE.

When has he signed anyone that isn't Pronger and Neidermayer? He trades and he trades well, that's where his mojo lies. Schultz signed with Edmonton because of the coaching philosophy and with being around people his generation, not because it's "a better rebuild than the Leafs".

I don't know why I bother reading Sportsnet, full of the most useless shit on earth.

Yeah Burke didn't sign any big names, OOOOHHH HE'S LOSING HIS EDGE.

When has he signed anyone that isn't Pronger and Neidermayer? He trades and he trades well, that's where his mojo lies. Schultz signed with Edmonton because of the coaching philosophy and with being around people his generation, not because it's "a better rebuild than the Leafs".

It's just moronic shit like usual. And not signing richards is a strike against him after it took the rags offering him an absurdly front loaded contract to sign. I'm not sure why you would always want free agents like that.

DopeyFish

Burke always says free agency is usually bad bad bad and I agree with him

Dude has completely rebuilt the leafs... And trades and drafting is where Burke -really- shines

People in Toronto are still used to per lockout where basically it was entirely our draft

if you live and die by free agency, your team is in trouble

When Burke joined our best forward was Jason Blake... Only 2 players left now from that year. Grabovski and Kulemin.

Tabris

I want to be drunk like Cake Boss. Ugh, I have to work tomorrow, well I had a choice but all of the customers I'm dealing with are American so I'm taking off July 4th. Damn Americans, ruining my July 1... 2nd!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Completely off topic, but I picked up Kane & Lynch: Dog Days for 3 bucks and just finished it a few minutes ago.

wtf was that non-ending horsecrap

Completely off topic...

At this point, I don't think this needs to ever be said in this thread again :lol

Banter kings.

I just pre-ordered this Ezio wrist-blade for $68 because I read an article stating that they were going to stop selling them because they're dangerous.

original.jpg

Then I read it was plastic instead of metal. And that they're only dangerous because people are stupid.

Order retracted.

Tabris

Preds-GAF, if it becomes clear that Weber won't stay in Nashville, would Edler straight up be enough to trade for his rights?

YES!! I like your thinking. We'll throw in Raymond for free. You can also have Ballard, you can have all 3 as long as Weber agrees before hand.

Top Bottom