• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why I bother reading Sportsnet, full of the most useless shit on earth.

Yeah Burke didn't sign any big names, OOOOHHH HE'S LOSING HIS EDGE.

When has he signed anyone that isn't Pronger and Neidermayer? He trades and he trades well, that's where his mojo lies. Schultz signed with Edmonton because of the coaching philosophy and with being around people his generation, not because it's "a better rebuild than the Leafs".
So bitterness over Schultz to TO are gone?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Detroit offered Suter a front-loaded 12-year, $90 million contract.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hopefully Chicago offers him a front-loaded 12-year, $100 million deal.

I can't imagine him taking that Detroit deal when others have assuredly offered more.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
YES!! I like your thinking. We'll throw in Raymond for free. You can also have Ballard, you can have all 3 as long as Weber agrees before hand.

what a steal for the preds!

if suter walks and weber won't commit longterm this offseason, poile better trade him

Plinko

Big day ahead.

Here's how Detroit's day is planned out.

Plan A) Parise
Plan B) Semin
Plan C) Hudler

gaming_noob

Anyone else jealous that the Hurricanes locked up the Staals? They're the best one-two punch centers, or definitely in the top 3. They're going to be so exciting to watch. I've always dreamed of them playing for Toronto.

dem

The numbers being thrown around for Suter and Parise are absurd.

Would never drop that on those 2.

Anyone else jealous that the Hurricanes locked up the Staals? They're the best one-two punch centers, or definitely in the top 3. They're going to be so exciting to watch. I've always dreamed of them playing for Toronto.

Not really. It's Carolina. The Staals are two good players, and Skinner and Faulk are good young players but the rest of that team isn't that great. They're a budget team. I don't know where the Hurricanes all the sudden got these big balls where they thought they'd be able to get players like Parise and Nash. I could have told them that wasn't going to happen and they wouldn't have had to waste their time.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
suter's agent says preds made a 'very substantial' offer. im pretty sure its more about saving face and proving to people the preds can spend money at this point. im scared to see the numbers and im scared suter isn't worth them. a small market team can't tie up close to 30 million in 2 d and a goalie, its madness

G/Briere, Crosby/Malkin (sometimes), Kopitar/Richards... Staals are good, but not THAT good. I know there are even more I'm missing (can't name Van's #2), but I'm about to take a big practice exam and this STILL jumped out as an exaggeration.

Plinko

Today is the day I either jump with joy or punch someone in the face.

Don't feel too bad when we lose out on Suter/Parise. I'm really hesitant about being saddled with more albatross contracts.

I still think ultimately Nash ends up in Detroit.

pringles

Detroit offered Suter a front-loaded 12-year, $90 million contract.
Source? That is a lot of money. Not sure if want for that price. Suter better play like Lidstrom if we're gonna be paying him Lidstrom money for 12 years.

Big day ahead.

Here's how Detroit's day is planned out.

Plan A) Parise
Plan B) Semin
Plan C) Hudler
Looks like:

A) Denial
B) Anger
C) Depression

Plinko

Source? That is a lot of money. Not sure if want for that price. Suter better play like Lidstrom if we're gonna be paying him Lidstrom money for 12 years.

Looks like:

A) Denial
B) Anger
C) Depression

Source was mlive's Wings beat writer.

I'm hearing they are. (E5)

I nominate Tabris.

I'm already on a flight over to Vancouver right now to punch him if we don't get Suter.

Also I guess Nashville's sports radio station 104.5 pretty much has said that Suter is going to be a Wing, with the tweet from Kip yesterday I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst as these things tend to happen.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why would Dastardly have bitterness over Schultz to TO when Schultz took his talents to Edmonton?
Lots of complaining about Schultz to TO tampering rumors sheesh. I was pointing out how it was all unfounded and the media was making a 'the decision NHL' circus over it.

Plinko

I'm already on a flight over to Vancouver right now to punch him if we don't get Suter.

Also I guess Nashville's sports radio station 104.5 pretty much has said that Suter is going to be a Wing, with the tweet from Kip yesterday I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst as these things tend to happen.

HYPE

*Thinks about contract*

HYPE GONE

*Thinks about Wings' defense without Lidstrom*

HYPE RETURNS

Plinko

Ol' Reliable (Eklund) reporting that Nashville put a huge offer out to Suter and Minny has inside track on Parise.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ol' Reliable (Eklund) reporting that Nashville put a huge offer out to Suter and Minny has inside track on Parise.
Nashville radio mentioned that the Preds threw a $100M offer at Suter. Eklund is just copy/pasting things he reads other places again.

Plinko

Nashville radio mentioned that the Preds threw a $100M offer at Suter. Eklund is just copy/pasting things he reads other places again.

I refuse to believe that someone as trusted and respectable as Eklund would do such a thing. His tenacity for scoops is world-renowned and he has a mole in every locker room--even yours.

dem

Meh

How could he refuse 9 million nearly tax free?

Easy to say you would when its not your money.

I know this is gaming but I'm assuming enough people here play it. Toysrus has NHL 13 on sale for $45 if you preorder now with free shipping.

PS3

Edit: Not sure if Amazon will price match eventually or not.

Cagey

Banned
Devils sign a 39 and 40 year old goaltender to 2 year deals, jeez.

Our highest prospect goalies in the farm system are 20 (Wedgewood) and 22 (Kinkaid) years old, with Wedgewood having more experience at higher levels than the slightly older Kinkaid, so the two year deals make a lot of sense in that regard.

Top Bottom