• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Curufinwe

All i need is for the Flyers to not get Suter and then pay Carle 5m a year. I'd just walk out.

And if it's 6m a year it'll be time to jump out.

jumping_out_the_window-580-1.gif

that was before he was sober! now he brings a lot of elements that the wings are sorely lacking. if you consider the fact that he...

...nope, can't do it. i stand by all of those posts. can't believe they signed this piece of human garbage. holland has lost it.

Devils resign Hedberg... Isn't hedberg still a garbage goalie? Why wouldn't you have bordeur mentor/help a prospect over hedberg? It's a 2 yr with a NTC which seems odd.

MPW

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

@drosennhl @IMadhavji. Jagr wants to play in Mtl, but other teams say he wants $4 mil for 1 year. May take some time.

if u can give prust 10m/4 year contract, u can give jagr 1 year 4m

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Poulin of the leafs says the players names being thrown around for trades is pretty surprising

Ie... People you thought were untouchable

so there may be some big surprising trades coming across the league

Swance

Neo Member
Devils resign Hedberg... Isn't hedberg still a garbage goalie? Why wouldn't you have bordeur mentor/help a prospect over hedberg? It's a 2 yr with a NTC which seems odd.

Hedberg is a really solid back-up and one of the best "team guys" in the league. He probably had the best season of his career this past year.

Edit:
He's a solid back-up.

GP - 27
GAA - 2.22
SV% - .917

Last season's stats.

Yep.

Parch

I'm thinking Pittsburgh is trying to get Parise for less than the best offer. Being the only big ticket forward during a cap increase year means he could do the "show me the money" dance if that's the way he wants to go. He'll get very good cash either way.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We need some big news. Boring day so far. Even Holland said they're stuck waiting on Suter and Parise.

If Suter and Parise turn into Lebron/ Bosh and go to the same place it will be awful.

So the good news for Flyers fans: Suter isn't gonna come here, but we're gonna gain 6.3m in cap space next year when Kimmo's contract expires for Weber.

Yay 2013-14!

Hedberg is a really solid back-up and one of the best "team guys" in the league. He probably had the best season of his career this past year.

Edit:

Yep.

Ah, didn't realize Hedberg improved. All the years I saw him before last year he was pretty awful, even for a backup.

So the good news for Flyers fans: Suter isn't gonna come here, but we're gonna gain 6.3m in cap space next year when Kimmo's contract expires for Weber.

Yay 2013-14!

Fuck it will suck so much if they cant get Suter this year. I dont want them to waste another year waiting for a player they might be able to get next year. To bad they cant trade something to the Preds for Weber. I would trade anyone but G for his rights if he was sure to resign.

Top Bottom