• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

cube444

He's valid in terms of him working for espnchicago and covered the hawks on sports radio before that. I don't think he's flat out lying but seems a bit far fetched that the hawks are all of a sudden front runners.

If true then you'd have to assume Patrick Kane goes.

Marvie_3

Banned
The Kings re-signed Penner for three point two five million dollars

http://images.lolfly.com/images/637/source/jumping_out_the_window-580-1.gif[img][/QUOTE]
At least you can afford to bring your players back after winning the Cup. :/

[quote="cube444, post: 39443097"]How credible is this guy?[/QUOTE]
Very hit or miss. If we get Parise instead of Suter I'm going to be pissed. Offense wasn't the problem, Stan Bowman. OUR FUCKING DEFENSE WAS

Edit: That's not to say I wouldn't love Parise, but Suter is a much bigger need.

[quote="Revenant, post: 39443184"]He's valid in terms of him working for espnchicago and covered the hawks on sports radio before that. I don't think he's flat out lying but seems a bit far fetched that the hawks are all of a sudden front runners.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I don't really believe it either.

Marvie_3

Banned
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Sources say Gary Bettman has reached a decision on Raffi Torres suspension appeal. Expected to reduce suspension by 4 games. 12 down to 8.
Fuck you, Bettman, you little shitbag weaselly fucking rat cocksucker.

ZeroGravity

Ya, saw that earlier. So he'll only have 8 games to sit out next season instead of 12. Not sure what the point is on giving long punishment like that only to shorten it....
Bettman looking out for himself:

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#Coyotes Torres susp reduced to 21 gms Still must sit all pre-season games. Convenient timing for Bettman in CBA year to show system is fair

pringles

Lol, so much BS on twitter. One account said "inside info on Parise close to deal with Minny".

The "inside info"? Parise's wikipedia page. Which is being changed once a minute right now.

EDIT:

breaking news:

Zach Parise's Wiki page said:
Zachary Justin Parise (born July 28, 1984) is an American professional ice hockey left winger of French-Canadian origin, who is currently eating lunch with Ray Shero and Mario.

gcubed

So the good news for Flyers fans: Suter isn't gonna come here, but we're gonna gain 6.3m in cap space next year when Kimmo's contract expires for Weber.

Yay 2013-14!

Giroux's new contract will eat up some/all of that though

they get to save the 1.1M that Jody Shelly is stealing from the franchise as well.

cube444

Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker
@andystrickland

Chicago has been aggessive in pursuing both Parise and Suter...some players have chippd in with helping recruit Parise #blackhawks

Shit is getting real!

gaming_noob

I know Kessel is not as good as Parise but this guy is going to be sought after in 2 years if he intends to go to free-agency route. Burke should probably get something out of him soon.

Marvie_3

Banned
Wikipedia said:
Zachary Parise- currently in the midst of an intense pillow fight with Sidney Crosby--Decision will come tomorrow. 5-19}}</ref> He was the top scorer at the 2001 tournament.[1] After his senior year at Shattuck-St. Mary's, Parise was named the school's Best All-Around Athlete.[2]

Someone just really screwed this up.

Hf Board Devils, what up! Lets go Devils!

Rangers suck

Oh dear

Zach Parise has his name often misspelled. It is Zack and our dear hockey leader Ecklund has tweeted over and over again. During the 2011-2012 Free Agency period Zach was responsible fir 48 hours of unrest on the massive supersite HFBoards. Fans loyal to parise expressed frustration that he had yet to sign, and trolls from various other teams continued to make a mokery of him. Devils fans tried desperatly to inform Zach of this nonesense however were unable to get ahold of him.
:lol @ all the edits happening on Parise's page

So the Hawks will turn into Philly with a ton of offense and no goalie?
Both teams have goalies, they just happen to be terrible goalies.

Is he like Eklund?
Same credibility, less fame.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
These guys need to make up their minds so Detroit can sign Semin and Hudler.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think Detroit should try and get Ryan.

Top Bottom