• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

Overall, I'm not particularly happy nor am I particularly upset about the Habs' signings. Boullion signing was good. Armstrong signing is "meh" but short term and cheap. Prust's is too much but again, still not big money.

Habs still need a top 6 winger. Pretty much means Jagr or Semin out of the UFA pool.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
G/Briere, Crosby/Malkin (sometimes), Kopitar/Richards... Staals are good, but not THAT good. I know there are even more I'm missing (can't name Van's #2), but I'm about to take a big practice exam and this STILL jumped out as an exaggeration.

Sedin/Sedin?

jred2k

The combined amount of Suter's and Parise's contracts could potentially be worth more than all contracts signed yesterday. Approximately $190M in contracts signed yesterday.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I believe the discussion was about centers so whomever is the #2C in Vancouver fits the bill.

Ah sorry, thought it was duos. But yeah, Sedin/Kesler (Hart/Art Ross & Selke) fits the bill.

Also, yeah for Ebbet, uuuuuh for... that other guy.

I never thought I'd ever see someone excited about an Andrew Ebbett signing.

He had some oddly good advanced stats (zone starts/opponent quality/corsi) last season, PLUS more depth once Raymond is gone. -please make it happen Gillis-

I never thought I'd ever see someone excited about an Andrew Ebbett signing.
He was a pretty decent depth option for us, could play up to the 2nd line in limited instances. Doesn't hurt to have more center depth.

The Hudlers, they laugh at you!
hudler.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Parise's cap hit there would only be .5M over Nash's. I'd take Parise at that price 100 times out of 100 over a lazy player like Nash that's only hit 70 points once.

Somewhere, Plinko is crying alone in a locked bathroom stall.

Meh. Good pickup by Calgary.

More money for Semin in Detroit.

Curufinwe

Parise's cap hit there would only be .5M over Nash's. I'd take Parise at that price 100 times out of 100 over a lazy player like Nash that's only hit 70 points once.

But Nash only has another 6 years left on his deal. These contracts that go into the 2020s are ridiculous.

NHL.com better use the headline "IN THE HUD".

With 29-year-old Wideman and 28-year-old Hudler, the Flames are getting progressively younger!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Parise and Suter are holding this whole show up.

Yep. Getting boring.

Once those dominoes fall, I expect Semin's signing and Nash's trade to happen soon after. Just a matter of when.

I know Marvie's hanging all over Eklund's site right now with his insistence that the Hawks are in on Da'Quan.

Tabris

I kinda wanna see TOR and DET improve this year or at least get some more exciting names, even though I hate both teams, just for the entertainment value from 24/7.

Plinko

I never cease to be amazed at Marvie's collection of quality gifs.

Plinko

So Hudler is confirmed to have asked for $4 million from Detroit. Not surprised they said no.

Stay in NJ, Parise.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
“I’m just excited for a chance to win some games,” Crabb said. “I’m just excited to get in there and get on a team with a real good chance to win and high expectations for them. I haven’t really played on teams in the past that have had this high of expectations for winning and it’s going to be fun to be playing for a team like that.”

I love Crabb already. I guess he didn't have that opportunity in Toronto.

Top Bottom