• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How long before Nash gets pissed off and comes out with a statement? Howson is trying to deal with teams not on Nash's list. That has yet to work and shows no signs of changing. That's only going to make Nash and his agent angrier.

I don't know what's worse, Nash saying "I only want to go to these 5 teams" and then Howson asking for ridiculous prices that the teams can't match. Nash then SHORTENING his list, Howson asking for even more. wtf is happening.

Fei

I don't want the Sabres thinking about Nash if Bobby Ryan is actually available. I like Nash, but there's about a 0% chance he would waive his NTC to come to Buffalo. That's ok with me.

If Nash wants to move, he needs to increase his list.

Why? He's exercising his rights in his contract that was given to him by Howsen. Nash has asked for a trade, and he gets to pick where he's gonna go. Keeping Nash on CBJ would be a PR nightmare for a team that already has a waning interest from it's fans. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the next step was Nash shortening the list to 1 or 2 teams to force his hand even more.

Howson threw Nash under the bus at the deadline saying that he asked out. Tough to get your fans amped for a new season when your best player has no desire to play there anymore.

Solo

Why? He's exercising his rights in his contract that was given to him by Howsen. Nash has asked for a trade, and he gets to pick where he's gonna go. Keeping Nash on CBJ would be a PR nightmare for a team that already has a waning interest from it's fans. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the next step was Nash shortening the list to 1 or 2 teams to force his hand even more.

Because as awful as Howson is at his job, Nash's stubbornness is making the process much worse than it has to be. Ottawa would have made a deal for him. Canadian city, team on the rise, etc. Nope, sorry guys, they're not "on my list". Fuck off, Nash.

Because as awful as Howson is at his job, Nash's stubbornness is making the process much worse than it has to be. Ottawa would have made a deal for him. Canadian city, team on the rise, etc. Nope, sorry guys, they're not "on my list". Fuck off, Nash.

Again, Howson shouldn't have given him that NTC then. At the end of the day, this will end like Heatley. He has zero need to do Howson any favors.

Curufinwe

Pretty pleased overall with the Price deal. About $1M more per than I would have liked, but whatever. He's making $1.5M less than Bryz and is twice as good.

He's making and counting almost $1m per season more against the cap than Bryz, and even more than Quick. Montreal is overpaying for a goalie with no history of playoff success.

I guess the Flyers started a trend last year.

Heard on the way home we traded Roy for Ott and another. Not sure how I feel about this. Wondering where my goals will come from next year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Heard on the way home we traded Roy for Ott and another. Not sure how I feel about this. Wondering where my goals will come from next year.

Grigorenko

Remember he was projected to be 1-2 overall - only reason he dropped was character issues

Skill was unquestionable.

CrankyJay

Banned
Love this guy already

scaled.php

SO glad he didn't expand his list. Our GM should be slapped around with a giant salami for even considering it.

I can't think of a team that can meet Howson's stupid demands, take on Nash's absurd cap hit and be an improved team at the end of the trade.

Ott was a good pick up. He's the kind of player that helps you win playoff games. Great on faceoffs, annoying as all fuck, can chip in on offense. Would have loved for the Rangers to have gotten him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No, they just don't have Gretzky and Coffey to lure young boys to the Oilers... wait that doesn't sound right.
Maybe Gretz and Coffey's daughter's?

And please with the tampering. Schultz didn't want to play for Ana. I don't see how it's TO's fault he strung your team along. Why tamper when we didn't even get him? Of your GM doesn't raise the charges up, I'm not sure why you're still bringing it up.

Let's be bffs again so you can help us out.

You took Flake and Toskalolz. You took back Beauchimin and gave us Gardiner. We still need to lose Comasarek.

Dstdl pls!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ugh, are we really gonna have to deal with Steve Ott six (or more) times a year?

Roy was on a downward spiral, he would have been lucky to hit 15 goals this year on Buffalo.

Even if the scenario was where the Sabres played with the same lineup as last season, Hodgson or Ennis or both of them would be ahead of him on the depth chart. He'd be fighting Gerbe for the third line spot. Add in any possible "new top center" as well as Grigorenko if he impresses in training camp, and Roy would be lucky to get on the 4th line.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just get Lucic to knock him out and do the entire division a favour
Ott would never willingly drop the gloves with him, so I have a feeling Lucic will be a meathead and suckerpunch him sooner than later.

And please with the tampering. Schultz didn't want to play for Ana. I don't see how it's TO's fault he strung your team along. Why tamper when we didn't even get him? Of your GM doesn't raise the charges up, I'm not sure why you're still bringing it up.

You brought it up, jackass. As soon as Edmonton was the destination, it was never mentioned again.

In lieu of the past week's drama, I think we need to keep track of the new NHL phrases.

Tampering: When a player refuses to resign with a team and goes into free agency.

Self-entitled: When a player exercises his NHLPA-bargained employee rights and becomes a free agent.

Egomaniac: When a player takes longer than a hour to make a decision that deeply impacts his life, his career, his finances and his family.

Losing It: When a GM decides not to overpay a free agent or make a trade for an overpaid player.

Promising: When a first year GM makes any kind of trade, draft pick or free agent signing.

In lieu of the past week's drama, I think we need to keep track of the new NHL phrases.

Tampering: When a player refuses to resign with a team and goes into free agency.

Self-entitled: When a player exercises his NHLPA-bargained employee rights and becomes a free agent.

Egomaniac: When a player takes longer than a hour to make a decision that deeply impacts his life, his career, his finances and his family.

Losing It: When a GM decides not to overpay a free agent or make a trade for an overpaid player.

Promising: When a first year GM makes any kind of trade, draft pick or free agent signing.

people that take time to discuss life changing decisions with their families are egomaniacs.

Top Bottom