• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

People on hfboards think erik johnson is a number 1 defenseman.

They also think Phaneuf's only the 26th best defenseman in the league. They love sheltered defensemen a lot lol.

Solo

This whole thing is retarded. The deals will fall like dominos................................once Parise makes up his fucking mind. Until then, holding patterns everywhere. Teams wont go for Nash until they know Parise is gone. Teams won't be for Ryan until they know Nash is gone. Teams won't go for Semin until they know Ryan is gone, etc.

zch pls

Erdrick

Surprised Kyle Wellwood hasnt signed yet, 47 points and 18 goals mostly on the 3rd line.

I really hope they can convince him to stay. He was excellent for the most part. Smart and crafty and usually improved any line he was on. Versatile and rarely took any bad penalties. I'll be sad to see him go if he does.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Latendresse will probably replace a good chunk of Foligno's production, the rest by a rookie most likely Silf.

Really don't know why fans keep drooling over our prospects on HFB but then want to sign every damn FA forward and prevent anyone from ever making the team.

Dude it's HFboards, anyone over the age of 21 and not in the league is labeled a bust and too old in their eyes.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#RedWings initial offer to Ryan Suter was $80 M, 13 years, now up to $90 M. Team wants to keep cap # reasonable - preferably under $7 M

CREMSteve

No you don't but Suter is the only #1 D-man on the market, closest thing out there to fill that void and play those tough minutes that Lidstrom played.

So you're willing to anchor your team with a contract like that just to find a suitable "filler" for Lidstrom's minutes?

Marvie_3

Banned
People on hfboards think erik johnson is a number 1 defenseman.

They also think Phaneuf's only the 26th best defenseman in the league. They love sheltered defensemen a lot lol.
Once again Phaneuf is being overrated I see....

#RedWings initial offer to Ryan Suter was $80 M, 13 years, now up to $90 M. Team wants to keep cap # reasonable - preferably under $7 M
Good luck with that. :lol

Crosby circa 2009? Yes. Crosby circa 2012? Russian roulette.
This. 12 years on a guy with mashed potatoes in his head is dangerous.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In non-hockey news: Ovechkin is apparently in Wimbledon, cheering on random russian female tennis players. (his girlfriend?)

cube444

In non-hockey news: Ovechkin is apparently in Wimbledon, cheering on random russian female tennis players. (his girlfriend?)

243.jpg

So you're willing to anchor your team with a contract like that just to find a suitable "filler" for Lidstrom's minutes?

How else are they going to get a #1 D-man to play top minutes ? If they don't get a #1 D-man, no playoffs in Detroit for quite some time.

Since you're a Flames fan, what's Feaster going to do when Iginla retires ? By throwing an assload of money at the best FA forward on the market.

Are they going to be as good as Iginla ? No
Is that going to stop Feaster ? No

Marvie_3

Banned
How else are they going to get a #1 D-man to play top minutes ? If they don't get a #1 D-man, no playoffs in Detroit for quite some time.

Since you're a Flames fan, what's Feaster going to do when Iginla retires ? By throwing an assload of money at the best FA forward on the market.

Is Feaster even going to have a job then? No

CREMSteve

The Red Wings have known Lidstrom wasn't going to play forever. They should have drafted or traded for this scenario long before July 1, 2012 hit.

If the Flames did the same, I'd be equally as critical.

Not trying to bash on anyone here, I just think the decision to throw gobs of money over such long periods of time is a poor one. Just one man's opinion, it means nothing at the end of the day.

Suter is going to get PAID, there's no doubt.

Is Feaster even going to have a job then? No

You're right, Scott Howson will be the new GM by then.

The Red Wings have known Lidstrom wasn't going to play forever. They should have drafted or traded for this scenario long before July 1, 2012 hit.

Well they didn't so they're going to try and buy a replacement, they can afford it.

You could draft top-5 in the lottery for the next decade and not find a player like Lidstrom, players like that rarely come along. You gotta do what you can.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For Habs fans, this is an interesting explanation about Carey's style of play, and how he always looks so relaxed, written by a pro goalie scout and writer for NHL.com:

The CP31 Speed Bubble is a trait that only he displays. It's a mental awareness in which he moves at his own speed and his own pace, ...regardless of the speed or the pace of the play around him. Regardless of what happens around him, he always moves and flows at HIS pace. So there you go. Price lives in a speed bubble, and this is why he looks so even-keeled, moves so effortlessly. He's almost always unfazed. Fans often get disgruntled because he'll look passive or "lazy" at times, but that comes with the territory of the CP31 Speed Bubble. Deal. Price reads and processes plays with calm precision, moves similarly. So positionally structured & economical, he could play until he's 45.

cube444

Parise will sign tomorrow. Book it.

I would say so only if it's with the Wild because it then makes for a "feel good" hometown story. If not then you know he's signed elsewhere.

If he signs later today/tonight, it will be with the Wild.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
@HeleneStJames

DET GM Ken Holland met with Ryan Suter today. No decision imminent. Probably won't come before Thursday. #RedWings

Alucard

Banned
Hmm, with Parise taking his time like this, he really could end up on any of the teams on his list.

And man, having a child is the biggest responsibility and on-the-job training that life provides. It's only been a day, but I've already learned a lot. Tired but happy. I'll post this stuff in the other thread sef suggested in the future. :)

My wife's a Habs fan, but I'll let her make her own fan decision. We'll go to some Pens/Habs games when she's older, for sure.

Revenant

Hmm, with Parise taking his time like this, he really could end up on any of the teams on his list.

And man, having a child is the biggest responsibility and on-the-job training that life provides. It's only been a day, but I've already learned a lot. Tired but happy. I'll post this stuff in the other thread sef suggested in the future. :)

My wife's a Habs fan, but I'll let her make her own fan decision. We'll go to some Pens/Habs games when she's older, for sure.

Congrats man!

Top Bottom