• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Fixed to what Leafs fans told Sabres-GAF constantly last July. Hopefully it turns out different this time around..

It will just be weird to see Jagr in a Stars uniform.

Roy isn't quite as bad off as Connolly was, and this is actually sorta low risk since it's just taking him on at the end of a contract instead of giving him a raise after being horrible.

Revenant

Was that after talking with his fiancee?

Dude still has to talk to his family, old hockey coach, his local pastor, his camp counselor from 5th grade and the doctor who delivered him at birth. You don't understand the pressure of being a millionaire!

Alucard

Banned
No. He's a great player but when he signs one of these behemoth contract he'll instantly be one of the more overpaid players in the league.

With Crosby centering, Parise could quickly become a 40-goal man, same as Neal did playing with Malkin.

Alucard

Banned
Dude still has to talk to his family, old hockey coach, his local pastor, his camp counselor from 5th grade and the doctor who delivered him at birth. You don't understand the pressure of being a millionaire!

*swish*

This might be your best post ever.

And Jaromir "I care about winning" Jagr has revealed himself to be a money-chaser.

I have a feeling the longer this drags on the more likely we aren't getting Suter. So come Thursday I probably am going to snap and rage like there is no tomorrow. :/

Revenant

I have a feeling the longer this drags on the more likely we aren't getting Suter. So come Thursday I probably am going to snap and rage like there is no tomorrow. :/

If the hawks somehow nabbed surer I expect to hear a news clip about some kid in Michigan who spontaneously combusted in front of his computer

Cactus

Banned
With Sid as a center any of us should be able to score 40 goals, why pay $100m for that?

Yeah, that's what I mean. Parise is a great player, and he would probably have a lot of success if he were to sign with the Pens or another offensively gifted team, but he'll still be (vastly) overpaid by whichever team he signs with.

Fuck yourself over cap wise and have to give up an assload of draft picks. Great thinking.

I think Weber is the one player in the NHL that I would do that for. I would give up all the picks and take a huge cap hit. I think you put him on the Flyers and they win the cup barring injuries.

Erdrick

I think Weber is the one player in the NHL that I would do that for. I would give up all the picks and take a huge cap hit. I think you put him on the Flyers and they win the cup barring injuries.

That's insanity. No single player is worth that.

EDIT: I keep forgetting, but Congratulations, Alucard. Sleep when you can, since it will be a precious resource in the coming days, as I am sure you no-doubt are experiencing now. =)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nothing wrong with them playing together imo. I'd think this whole thing is really stupid if Suter doesn't sign with Detroit actually. It's such an obvious fit, that if he chooses them after taking all this time it will seem so stupid.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. I wonder if these guys know it makes people hate them?

Also, I KNEW Detroit would be going balls-to-the-wall for Suter. They're desperate for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom/Stuart. If they miss out on Suter, they're screwed.

cube444

He said he still talks to Lou 2-3 time a day, talks to Suter daily, and hates the Lebron and Bosh comparisons. :lol

He just did a live radio interview a few minutes ago.

Sounded like Suter is following him wherever he goes.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sources say the club offered winger Nick Foligno, prospect Mika Zibanejad and goaltender Robin Lehner.

Sources also told the Sun the Jackets wanted top prospect Mark Stone as part of the package. The Senators weren’t prepared to do that.

LOL Howsen go eat a monkey dick.

LOL Howsen go eat a monkey dick.

What now there's rumors Nash may expand his no trade list if Howson doesn't deal him by mid-July ? :lol

I should get a Nash jersey in celebration of him not waving his NMC(wherever he goes).

I think that's the first time in a long time Melnyk said something smart.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the media asking Methot if he'd convince Nash to waive :lol

stupid reporters.

Alucard

Banned
So, which team has enough cash to pay both these guys 80-100 million each? If they do come as a package deal for ridiculous salaries, I hope their team sinks. Each guy is really worth 6-7 million, tops.

Top Bottom