• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

I just heard the reason for the delay in Parise and Suter signing is both players just recently found out that Toronto still has a team, and they have both always wanted to play there. (E5)

Merguson

Banned
So Brian Lawton and Doug MacLean mentioned that it's a possibility both Parise and Suter will end up in Minnesota.. and Dreger seemed to hint at it as well..

SUSPENSE! DRAMA!

pringles

So Brian Lawton and Doug MacLean mentioned that it's a possibility both Parise and Suter will end up in Minnesota.. and Dreger seemed to hint at it as well..

SUSPENSE! DRAMA!
Seems the most likely outcome right now.

Sigh.

Holland, better start moving on your Plan B.

Funny cause IncarceratedBob said that Parise had already chosen Pittsburgh yesterday, and Minny wasn't even in his 3 teams for Suter.

That dude's exposed now... but then we all knew he was as much BS as Eklund.

pringles

Wow, they are actually both going to sign in Minny, what a waste.
And they're gonna string along Detroit as long as possible, delaying any alternate plans Holland has.. watch Pittsburgh sign Semin while we're waiting.

Hoping for a miracle, should still be a small chance Suter comes to the D.

Wow, they are actually both going to sign in Minny, what a waste.

I think it is awesome that they are going to sign there. Those fans totally got screwed over when they lost their team, and now they are getting rewarded big time. Wild are going to be scary with those guys if the rest of the team can stay healthy.

Hopefully Homer gets the Ryan deal done now.

Merguson

Banned
DarrenDreger just retweeted Russo saying the Wild have signed Ryan Suter.. official?

And Craig Custance has mentioned that the Red Wings are out of the Parise sweepstakes..

Looking like the Wild have pulled it off..

Screw Minny, screw Detroit, screw everyone.

0tSBl.gif

Solo

You realize that Minnesota was 1st in the league in December last year before a rash of injuries side tracked their season?

Yes, I do realize that. The Leafs were also a top playoff seed at that point.

Then reality sunk in for both.

Cake Boss

Banned
OH SHIT

LOL AT PITTSBURGH BWAHAHGAHGAHHAHAHAHAHA

Theur D is shittier than ever now.

Hopefully Parise signs there as well or Detroit, have no problem with either team.

Minny should be a contender with that team if Backstrom holds up. Really impressive on their part. Good for them. Always like the Wild. I even have a jersey I got from back when I worked in my hockey shop.

Slurmer

Banned
I think it is awesome that they are going to sign there. Those fans totally got screwed over when they lost their team, and now they are getting rewarded big time. Wild are going to be scary with those guys if the rest of the team can stay healthy.

Hopefully Homer gets the Ryan deal done now.

I think Anaheim wants way too much. I'd rather them try and get doan, and then go for weber next year

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

Yeah, the goaltending the Wild were getting was just totally unsustainable. They have such a hard time manufacturing offense that it took perfection on defense and that's not holding up over 82 games.

Tabris

a) As a Habs fan, you should be more focused on the fact that your reality is a lot more grim than those two teams right now.

b) Guaranteed we now have a team that will be able to at least compete with my Canucks for 1st in our division, while before the division was locked up for us.

Top Bottom