• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Screw Minny, screw Detroit, screw everyone.

0tSBl.gif

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think Anaheim wants way too much. I'd rather them try and get doan, and then go for weber next year

This. Unfortunately Doan seems to want 4 years. I don't think it's likely he comes to Philly. We SHOULD be able to get Weber once the Kimmo money gets freed up.

Also, someone cut the fucking power to Homer's office. This is the time to be scared of Philly fans. Be afraid. Be very afraid. And hide your jerseys of developing players who will likely improve our team in the future....

Fei

Suter and Parise not going to be in the East. Hell yeah! I think this is actually really cool for Minnesota. Can't believe they grabbed them both.

Question is what the teams left hanging will be desperate enough to do now.

Parise out on both PIT (whoo! fuck you pens!) and DET. So that means MIN or NJD.

Go cry yourself to sleep on you 15/16 destiny picture.

I swear Holland you better have a dang good backup plan or I don't even want to see what will happen next season. I'm so pissed off I hope we have a full lockout.

Solo

a) As a Habs fan, you should be more focused on the fact that your reality is a lot more grim than those two teams right now.

b) Guaranteed we now have a team that will be able to at least compete with my Canucks for 1st in our division, while before the division was locked up for us.

a) What? Habs will have a MUCH better season this year if they can cut their man games lost down in half, even with mostly the same roster. And of course, without going 2-20 again to start out. Even after all that, Habs still barely finished behind the Leafs. Also, we have a lot of really good prospects now. Our future is bright, but it will take 3-5 years to get there.

b) Don't care.

pringles

I have to think it's almost a done deal Parise goes to Minny too. Don't think Suter would go there otherwise. Rumors were probably true he wanted Detroit but Parise was trying to sway him to join him in Minny. Fucker.

Edit: Well there. Good luck Minny. Massive contracts that could backfire, but I'm sure they'll be a contender the next few years. The West keep getting better. Holland: the pressure is ON. Get something done.

Tabris

Go cry yourself to sleep on you 15/16 destiny picture.

I swear Holland you better have a dang good backup plan or I don't even want to see what will happen next season. I'm so pissed off I hope we have a full lockout.

Don't be jelly because your team is about to take a nosedive for the next 5 years :p

Cagey

Banned
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
@Russostrib reports it's a 13-year deal for Zach Parise with #Wild. Reports were that Ryan Suter also agreed to a 13-year deal.

EJ Hradek ‏@EJHradek_NHL
RT @Russostrib: #mnwild has agreed to terms on Zach Parise to 13-year deal; Now it's official.

13 years. Rofl.

I have a feeling this was all Parise wanting them to play together with Suter leaning toward Detroit from the beginning but Parise saying that they both should go to Minny where they would make a little more money.

So Cagey what the hell is the Devils plan B? I havent really heard them mentioned for any of the other avalible guys like Semin, how are they going to replace Parise's production?

ShaneB

Grats to the Wild for getting those players, thank god that's over with and hopefully everything else falls into place now with the other teams getting the "scraps".

I haven't heard anything about terms yet? Both insane I guess.

Cagey

Banned
So Cagey what the hell is the Devils plan B? I havent really heard them mentioned for any of the other avalible guys like Semin, how are they going to replace Parise's production?

tumblr_lmt08mSR5k1qbz4oj.jpg

My fear has been going after Semin if Parise left. Thankfully, I think we'll avoid that.

I'd rather keep the dollars, make some minor moves, and move right on forward.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Do we even have a Wild fan in NHLGAF? I hope so, I want them to be belligerant and disrespectful right now.

And just remember Insider @manicsfromgaf called this before everyone else. Time to give him some credit.

Tabris

Even though this may suck for the Canucks due to the division getting tougher and we'll be without our 3rd best player for the first 2 months, I LOVE the fact that the Pens and Wings got screwed.

LOL at that pic.

:lol If weber will even sign with Philly. Everyone knows he always wanted to be a wild.

Where did I say anything about the Flyers, I was just saying the Preds should trade him now rather then wait until next year and lose him like they lost Suter. I have no idea where Weber will sign if he becomes a FA.

Solo

So the Wild have over a third of the cap tied up in 2 players. Not really, since its pure cap circumvention, but you get it.

Do we even have a Wild fan in NHLGAF? I hope so, I want them to be belligerant and disrespectful right now.

And just remember Insider @manicsfromgaf called this before everyone else. Time to give him some credit.

Only one, and they are more like that on HFboards, the one here barely says anything. I blame Parise for all of this.

Top Bottom