• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Tabris

Weber is signing with the Canucks next year, and potentially this year in a trade if NSH knows they can't re-sign Weber.

Even though this may suck for the Canucks due to the division getting tougher and we'll be without our 3rd best player for the first 2 months, I LOVE the fact that the Pens and Wings got screwed.

How did pens get screwed? They dodged a bullet... Glad to see you're still clueless.

Wonderful. We only have the Flames to pad our fall to the bottom of the division now. As long as we can keep up with them in loser points, that is.

Edit: On second thought this may force Sherman into buying a few more pieces. Semin?

A few weeks ago the odds for the Wild winning the Cup were 75/1. I thought about betting on them since they were really a number one defenceman away from being a very good team.

Now I'm kicking myself.

Cagey

Banned
13 years and 98 million? For Zach Parise?

ikLhfyH3Y6MuF.gif

Oh my god. That's brutal. I love the guy. Had an unhealthy mancrush on him. But the whole season chats between myself and several friends centered around 10 years being absurd for him.

Tabris

Wonderful. We only have the Flames to pad our fall to the bottom of the division now. As long as we can keep up with them in loser points, that is.

Nah, you'll be able to beat EDM still. Khabibulian (spelling?) isn't that good of a goaltender and Dubynk definitely isn't there. And Justin Schultz, even if he proves to be the touted prospect, he's still an offensive d-man. They are going to let in a lot of goals.

Solo

Yeah, these deals are fucking crazy. You'd think we were dealing with two generational talents rather than 2 really good players.

Yeah, these deals are fucking crazy. You'd think we were dealing with two generational talents rather than 2 really good players.

Paris has a 90 pt season under his belt last time he was fully healthy, which he presumably will be this year. How many active players have that? 10?

Cactus

Banned
Down Goes Brown
‏@DownGoesBrown
The Red Wings will now have to fall back to Plan B: having one of their seventh-round picks develop into a hall of famer.

lol, it's now "dodging a bullet", instead of the "The Parise-Crosby-Dupuis line will be amazing! Come on, sign with us!".

Please find where I said this even once. What's that you can't? Clueless yet again Tabris, you must enjoy the delusions.

Edit: On second thought this may force Sherman into buying a few more pieces. Semin?

Do you really want another lazy player on your team? Team was already playing lazy/below their skill last year, I can semin fitting into that nicely. :/ As long as the term isn't too long it might not be bad though since I think avs still have a shitload of cap.

Tabris

Paris has a 90 pt season under his belt last time he was fully healthy, which he presumably will be this year. How many active players have that? 10?

And was a Selke nominee. He's the whole package and a first line player on any team except possibly VAN (Parise wouldn't make sense with the Sedins over Burrows most likely)

Suter is more of the unknown as he has been playing with in my opinion, the best d-man of the last couple of years.

Please find where I said this even once. What's that you can't? Clueless yet again Tabris, you must enjoy the delusions.

I was talking about Pens fans in general. I honestly haven't paid enough attention to you to realize what team you were a fan of. I thought it may have been Tampa Bay or Boston, before.

Kifimbo

Was about to say this. This is the kind of money you throw at top-5 players in the league. The Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin (the old one).

Top Bottom