• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Only good news is that I guess Doan's agent has called Detroit seeking an offer. So I guess we may get Doan, however if we do we need to get Semin as well, having those two would boost my confidence, the only problem then is trading our over filled number of forwards for a good defensemen. Come on Holland, do or die right here.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/07/red_wings_limited_options_incl.html

Now THAT is the best news I've heard all day.

That said, we lose a 40-year old Lidstrom and then pick up Samuelsson and Doan? Wow. OLD.

Razorskin

----- ------
Get's home and checks TSN for signings

jksimmonsprjjyk9orm.gif

Tabris

I have a feeling you are going to regret that in terms of money seeing as how his production went way down once teams knew what to do against him.

I don't care about his production as much, I want a defensively responsible dman that can eat up the minutes and help Edler out for his mistakes (Edler is high risk, high reward dman). Edler is our production.

But I have a feeling his production will go up when the Sedins confuse the defense and hook Garrison up with a perfect shot. And if that doesn't work, Edler is on the other side ready for his slap pass to Daniel Sedin, who roofs it. Another PP goal on the Detroit Red Wings.

I don't care about his production as much, I want a defensively responsible dman that can eat up the minutes and help Edler out for his mistakes (Edler is high risk, high reward dman). Edler is our production.

But I have a feeling his production will go up when the Sedins confuse the defense and hook Garrison up with a perfect shot. And if that doesn't work, Edler is on the other side ready for his slap pass to Daniel Sedin, who roofs it. Another PP goal on the Detroit Red Wings.

Keep living in your fantasy world where the Canucks have won the Stanley Cup every year you call destiny.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
According to Lebrun:

Who in the world would the Penguins give up? And why in the world would they do that when they need defense badly?

Yes, same thing for the Wings.

Plinko

All right, now I'm getting irritated:

The Wings made a two-year offer to Sami Salo on Sunday, but he ended up signing with Tampa Bay.

It appears that Ken Holland has no issue with this team being incredibly old and running out of gas well before the playoffs. What in the world is he thinking?

Plinko

Holland added: "Part of this might be that we might have to go with some kids that we think are ready."

Yep. The playoff streak is going to come to an end soon.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I just checked Capgeeks.

Does the Wilds not have any actual top 4 defensemen past their top pairing?
I said that yesterday. They needed Suter more than Parise, but even Suter won't make their D scary. They are going to be giving up a lot of goals next year, probably the most they've ever allowed in a single season.

Smash88

Banned
I find it funny that everyone is congratulating Minnesota on the two signings, when they just tied up their whole cap into two players (basically).

So they have 2 good players and the rest is mediocre? What was the point of this signing, they aren't going to win a Stanley Cup. I'm honestly confused as to why Minnesota thinks signing two top players will magically help their chances at a cup, when their whole team is overtly mediocre.

Do Parise and Suter really think they are going to win a cup with Minnesota?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I find it funny that everyone is congratulating Minnesota on the two signings, when they just tied up their whole cap into two players (basically).

So they have 2 good players and the rest is mediocre? What was the point of this signing, they aren't going to win a Stanley Cup. I'm honestly confused as to why Minnesota thinks signing two top players will magically help their chances at a cup, when their whole team is overtly mediocre.

They have probably the largest amount of blue chip prospects in the league, so they can either trade them for roster players or wait for them to develop in 2-3 years, and should be a strong team for a long time after that.

They have probably the largest amount of blue chip prospects in the league, so they can either trade them for roster players or wait for them to develop in 2-3 years, and should be a strong team for a long time after that.

More likely they trade some of the overpaid roster players and let their prospects play to make cap room.

Marvie_3

Banned
I said that yesterday. They needed Suter more than Parise, but even Suter won't make their D scary. They are going to be giving up a lot of goals next year, probably the most they've ever allowed in a single season.
Minnesota has a young defense but they'll be good soon enough.

Yes. Looking for a new bandwagon to jump on?

Vman

Our defence last year was fine. This year it will be even better. Top four should be
Suter - brodin
Gilbert - Scandella

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
7.5 mil for 13 years?!
14 million for 2 players for 13 years?!

Holy shit...

I'm not sure this really gives the Wild a much better chance at the Cup (they still need goaltending), but I can't say I'm not jealous they got both players.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"After the Suter signing, Ken Hollland go busy. He's contacted both #Habs & #Leafs about d-men. They will also go heavily after Matt Carle."

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care if a Gaff'er did it. It's still bad. As an artist myself, I hear my stuff sucks all the time, but it makes me want to be better. Honest feedback is what makes you better, not superficial compliments just because it's a fan of your team or a fellow board member.

Cactus

Banned
"After the Suter signing, Ken Hollland go busy. He's contacted both #Habs & #Leafs about d-men. They will also go heavily after Matt Carle."

Hmm...Not counting the players that would obviously be unavailable, I'm not sure if the Wings have anybody I would want on the Leafs. They can have Komisarek for free, though.

I don't care if a Gaff'er did it. It's still bad. As an artist myself, I hear my stuff sucks all the time, but it makes me want to be better. Honest feedback is what makes you better, not superficial compliments just because it's a fan of your team or a fellow board member.

"One of the most god awful paintings I've ever seen and is a blight to any artists portfolio" isn't exactly constructive criticism.

jred2k

Every year the Canucks don't win the cup Tabris should have to get part of that painting tattooed onto his face. The year and the word LOSERS should accompany it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...Not counting the players that would obviously be unavailable, I'm not sure if the Wings have anybody I would want on the Leafs. They can have Komisarek for free, though.

"One of the most god awful paintings I've ever seen and is a blight to any artists portfolio" isn't exactly constructive criticism.
I'm feeling salty today, sue me.

Here's my constructive criticism, his effort is there, he has a solid foundation, but his rendering and proportions need work.

Top Bottom